Son of God.

0 Replies

FBM

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 07:42 pm
And a little realism to balance that out:

Patches

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 09:11 pm
@FBM,
If all you look for is negative things. That is all you will find. There are many Christian Charitable Organizations and Foundations. You neglect to bring anything like this up on account of your own biases and prejudices. Are you against Christ?
FBM

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 09:17 pm
@Patches,
I post negative things to balance out biased and unrealistic messages that ignore the horrors wrought on innocents in the name of religion.

How can I be against something that I doubt even exists? What I'm against is the spread of a bad idea that does damage to - especially - children in the name of a feel-good fantasy with no basis in evidence.

You can hand-wave and post flowery, feel-good rhetoric. I'll take the other role in this one. The realistic role.

Which includes a realistic recognition of deadly faith healing, snake handling, brainwashing and terrifying children, oppression of minorities, religious violence and terrorism, science denial, etc etc.
Patches

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 09:30 pm
@FBM,
God is Creator of all things visible and invisible. The reality of our very own existence comes from Him. And yet you do not even know Him. It is God's will for us to get to know Him and have a personal relationship with Him. It is the human and angelic condition that we are evil and wicked without God in the afterlife. We were created to be with God. And to go against this is to go against all that we were created for. It leads to the miserable condition known as hell.
FBM

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 09:38 pm
@Patches,
Yet again, horse hockey. I feel sorry for you that you've been brainwashed to think you're inherently evil. Show us some real evidence for that god. Blurry photographs that are easily reproduceable and personal anecdotes don't cut the cake. Religion has a lot to apologize for, and if that god exists, it's got a lot of apologizing to do, too. Having so many babies born with horrible birth defects, for example.
Patches

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 10:44 pm
@FBM,
You are against God and His people. You are the devil and you don't even know it. Evil or Very Mad

Hitler didn't realize that He was the second anti-Christ until after he rose to power. Twisted Evil
FBM

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 10:51 pm
@Patches,
I'm against bad and dangerous ideas. Asking for evidence and sound logic isn't a bad idea. If your god is so great, why are so many babies born with horrible birth defects?
neologist

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:26 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
I'm against bad and dangerous ideas. Asking for evidence and sound logic isn't a bad idea. If your god is so great, why are so many babies born with horrible birth defects?
The bible has the answer. Let's first see if Patch can find it .. . .
0 Replies

neologist

Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:29 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:
Hitler didn't realize that He was the second anti-Christ until after he rose to power.
I'd be interested to see your evidence that Hitler was the anti Christ.
Smileyrius

Sat 28 Mar, 2015 02:40 am
allow me to ask a question to you Patches. How would you suggest I test a spirit, to see as to whether it originates from God? How would you test an inspired expression, to ensure that you are not misled?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 28 Mar, 2015 04:53 am
@Patches,
You're against reason and decency. If there was a devil you'd be so far up his arse your nearest neighbour would be a haemorrhoid. Whenever reason defeats morons like you, you start ranting on about Satan, because you've lost the argument. All you've got are a load of clearly doctored photos that you're trying to sell to the foolish and gullible. And nobody believes your lies about not making a buck either

The fact that you so quickly dismiss child abuse shows what a disgusting creep you really are.
Patches

Sat 28 Mar, 2015 10:40 am
@FBM,
I've shown you evidence, but you are too blind to see it.
Patches

Sat 28 Mar, 2015 10:44 am
@neologist,
You would have to be stupid not see Hitler as an anti-Christ. He starts a world war. He kills millions of innocent Jews. And burns millions of bibles. Amongst other things.
Patches

Sat 28 Mar, 2015 10:49 am
I've shown a photograph of the Holy Spirit and proven that God exist. Yet the dim witted atheist can not prove that God doesn't exist. If fact, he has a big head who believes that he is something and their Creator is nothing.
Patches

Sat 28 Mar, 2015 10:52 am
@izzythepush,
You stare at a real picture of the Holy Spirit and can't believe it is real. This is how stupid you really are.
Frank Apisa

Sat 28 Mar, 2015 11:07 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Catholic belief systems are deeply entrenched, on the one hand, to resist scripture, on the other to resist thinking.

Resisting thinking, Neo, is a prerequisite for being a theist...for "belief" in gods.

It is not particular to Catholics...or to Jehovah's Witnesses, for that matter. The only way one can come to the kind of "belief" that leads to certainty about the kind of god you people claim exists...is to first turn off "thinking."

Just sayin'!
neologist

Sat 28 Mar, 2015 11:11 am
@Frank Apisa,
Mornin', Frank
neologist

Sat 28 Mar, 2015 11:19 am
@Patches,
Patches wrote:
I've shown a photograph of the Holy Spirit and proven that God exist. Yet the dim witted atheist can not prove that God doesn't exist. If fact, he has a big head who believes that he is something and their Creator is nothing.
You should know by now that it is logically impossible to prove a negative. This does not allow us to assume the converse positive as an axiom. If you wish to establish God's existence with epistemoligical certainty, as you have claimed, you must provide evidence which can be tested. To this you have most certainly failed.
0 Replies

neologist

Sat 28 Mar, 2015 11:20 am
@Patches,
Patches wrote:
You would have to be stupid not see Hitler as an anti-Christ. He starts a world war. He kills millions of innocent Jews. And burns millions of bibles. Amongst other things.
Show scriptural evidence.
0 Replies