Are men financially shooting themselves in the foot by their own misogyny?

maxdancona

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 02:01 pm
Feminism claims it is not anti-man. Yet here you are saying that

1) Men are more incompetent than women.
2) If women were in charge there would be less war.
3) Men (not women) were responsible for the warlike nature of humanity and that a female led society was a peaceful utopia.

You seem to be rather anti-man.

0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 02:01 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Marija Gimbutas is ridiculous. I just read up a little on her crazy theories. She is basically putting modern 20th century values onto her idea of what neolithic society should have been like.

She is not widely accepted by archaeologists because it is clear she is does not have real evidence behind the claims she is making.

I laughed when I read her basic theory is based on the fact that you see more weapons and fortifications in the Bronze Age than you had before the Bronze Age. But, there is a very good reason for this (other than the theory that men are bad). I will give you a hint... there is a reason it is called the Bronze Age.

When archeology has samples of older male Gods to put against what Marija Gimbutas has for female Goddess', then I will be interested to see it.

I am flexible and eager to see what you have.

Regards
DL
maxdancona

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 02:04 pm
@Greatest I am,
That's not how it works.

The person making ridiculous claims has the responsibility to back them up with evidence. If there is no evidence to back up a claim of the gender of gods.. then the gender of gods is unknown. It is wrong to make stuff up either way.

There is evidence of neolithic fortifications (obviously defenses against neolithic weapons are different than those needed for bronze weapons). This disputes the crazy theory right that there was no war in the neolithic period.

Baldimo

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 02:05 pm
@Greatest I am,
This isn't a deflection, this is the way it works. If me and another woman are hired at the same time, and we work for that company for 2o years, in that 20 years, the female worker takes off a total of 5 years to raise children, then she hasn't worked for the last 20 years, she worked for 15 years. She has 5 years less experience than me and her salary will show that.
Greatest I am

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 02:09 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

That's not how it works.

The person making ridiculous claims has the responsibility to back them up with evidence. If there is no evidence to back up a claim of the gender of gods.. then the gender of gods is unknown. It is wrong to make stuff up either way.

There is evidence of neolithic fortifications (obviously defenses against neolithic weapons are different than those needed for bronze weapons). This disputes the crazy theory right that there was no war in the neolithic period.

And I have given archeological proof of Goddess worship. Accept it or not.
This is far enough off topic that I don't really care.

I am a Gnostic Christian and the only God I recognise is myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D

The thinking shown below is the Gnostic Christian’s goal as taught by Jesus but know that any belief can be internalized to activate your higher mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

This method and mind set is how you become I am and brethren to Jesus, in the esoteric sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdSVl_HOo8Y

When you can name your God, I am, and mean yourself, you will begin to know the only God you will ever find. Becoming a God is to become more fully human and a brethren to Jesus.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 02:14 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

This isn't a deflection, this is the way it works. If me and another woman are hired at the same time, and we work for that company for 2o years, in that 20 years, the female worker takes off a total of 5 years to raise children, then she hasn't worked for the last 20 years, she worked for 15 years. She has 5 years less experience than me and her salary will show that.

In some cases, sure. The same would apply to a man who is off for the same amount of time.

That is not the issue.

The issue is more like when both the man and woman return after the same absence, that the woman is expected to take less for the same work than the man.

Regards
DL
Baldimo

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 02:22 pm
@Greatest I am,
Quote:
The same would apply to a man who is off for the same amount of time.

That is not the issue.

The issue is more like when both the man and woman return after the same absence, that the woman is expected to take less for the same work than the man.

In my last job, we hired a guy who was out of the work force for 8 years while he raised their kids. He re-entered and had to start at the bottom of the ladder as his skills were out of date. It took him 4 years of hard work but he is back to working as a programmer and out of tech support. His wife worked the entire time and still to this day has a higher position then him and makes a lot more money. They are in the same field by the way.

You are going to have to provide some proof of your "theories" as my experience doesn't fit.
Greatest I am

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 02:53 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Quote:
The same would apply to a man who is off for the same amount of time.

That is not the issue.

In my last job, we hired a guy who was out of the work force for 8 years while he raised their kids. He re-entered and had to start at the bottom of the ladder as his skills were out of date. It took him 4 years of hard work but he is back to working as a programmer and out of tech support. His wife worked the entire time and still to this day has a higher position then him and makes a lot more money. They are in the same field by the way.

You are going to have to provide some proof of your "theories" as my experience doesn't fit.

I have a won court case and you can Google as well as I can.

I will give you this one bit and let you fetch whatever else you need.

http://www.pay-equity.org/

Regards
DL
Baldimo

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 02:57 pm
@Greatest I am,
Sorry gIa, but a bias site about the pay gap isn't going to cut it. They are using the 78% # that I just don't buy. That gap doesn't account for time in service and other such differences in the things people do.

Google your lawsuit? How the hell can I do that with no info?
Greatest I am

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 04:24 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Sorry gIa, but a bias site about the pay gap isn't going to cut it. They are using the 78% # that I just don't buy. That gap doesn't account for time in service and other such differences in the things people do.

Google your lawsuit? How the hell can I do that with no info?

You cannot.

You offer nothing against my link so I guess we are done.

Regards
DL

Baldimo

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 07:54 pm
@Greatest I am,
A bias site with no real research doesn't prove you right.

http://time.com/3222543/5-feminist-myths-that-will-not-die/
Quote:
MYTH 5: Women earn 77 cents for every dollar a man earns—for doing the same work.

FACTS: No matter how many times this wage gap claim is decisively refuted by economists, it always comes back. The bottom line: the 23-cent gender pay gap is simply the difference between the average earnings of all men and women working full-time. It does not account for differences in occupations, positions, education, job tenure or hours worked per week. When such relevant factors are considered, the wage gap narrows to the point of vanishing.

Wage gap activists say women with identical backgrounds and jobs as men still earn less. But they always fail to take into account critical variables. Activist groups like the National Organization for Women have a fallback position: that women’s education and career choices are not truly free—they are driven by powerful sexist stereotypes. In this view, women’s tendency to retreat from the workplace to raise children or to enter fields like early childhood education and psychology, rather than better paying professions like petroleum engineering, is evidence of continued social coercion. Here is the problem: American women are among the best informed and most self-determining human beings in the world. To say that they are manipulated into their life choices by forces beyond their control is divorced from reality and demeaning, to boot.

Why do these reckless claims have so much appeal and staying power? For one thing, there is a lot of statistical illiteracy among journalists, feminist academics and political leaders. There is also an admirable human tendency to be protective of women—stories of female exploitation are readily believed, and vocal skeptics risk appearing indifferent to women’s suffering. Finally, armies of advocates depend on “killer stats” to galvanize their cause. But killer stats obliterate distinctions between more and less serious problems and send scarce resources in the wrong directions. They also promote bigotry. The idea that American men are annually enslaving more than 100,000 girls, sending millions of women to emergency rooms, sustaining a rape culture and cheating women out of their rightful salary creates rancor in true believers and disdain in those who would otherwise be sympathetic allies.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303532704579483752909957472

Here's some reading for ya.

So you want me to read about your lawsuit but you won't provide the info? So in other words, I'm to take your word for it?
Greatest I am

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 03:45 pm
@Baldimo,
If you think me a liar then there is not much point in chatting at all.

The fact that we live in a misogynous world is quite apparent because if we did not, the Women's day protests/parades would not be growing in numbers and would not likely have to take place.

Regards
DL
Baldimo

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 03:03 pm
@Greatest I am,
Sorry bub, but you want to talk about something I can't verify? Did you bother to read the links I provided? Do they go against your grain of thought so they must be ignored?

I was a Navy Seal Sniper, you'll have to take my word for it...

Your blanket statement doesn't hold and won't be accepted. I work in a field where there are no such things, the women make as much as the men and there are several female dept heads where I work. The days of Mad Men are long gone.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 03:33 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Baldimo wrote:
Yeah MJ I served my country in the Army as a Chinook mechanic and then as a crew chief.

http://able2know.org/topic/172483-455#post-5700867
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 10:55 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Sorry bub, but you want to talk about something I can't verify? Did you bother to read the links I provided? Do they go against your grain of thought so they must be ignored?

Your blanket statement doesn't hold and won't be accepted. I work in a field where there are no such things, the women make as much as the men and there are several female dept heads where I work. The days of Mad Men are long gone.

I am certain that many do not fit the statistic but the fact that my own wife had to go to court to win equality of pay for work not that long ago tells me that many if not most are still behind justice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0Dg226G2Z8#t=39

The U.N. seems to agree with the statistics I quoted.

Regards
DL
Baldimo

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 11:10 am
@Greatest I am,
The UN? I have no faith in the UN, they are a pointless body who assigned countries with horrible human rights violations to the Human Rights board. That is letting the fox guard the hen house.

Can you not find any in-depth US studies to back your claim?

Your claim of your wife's lawsuit has as much backing as my claim that I was a Navy Seal Sniper.
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 06:00 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

The UN? I have no faith in the UN, they are a pointless body who assigned countries with horrible human rights violations to the Human Rights board. That is letting the fox guard the hen house.

Can you not find any in-depth US studies to back your claim?

Your claim of your wife's lawsuit has as much backing as my claim that I was a Navy Seal Sniper.

When all can be lies, there is not much point in adding to the pile.

The more developed the country is, the less discrimination offences occur but in our countries, even if the best, we still have a ways to go. For women and in a growing number of cases, for men.

Regards
DL
Baldimo

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2015 11:12 am
@Greatest I am,
How do you figure we have a "ways to go"?
Greatest I am

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 10:38 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

How do you figure we have a "ways to go"?

I figure due to examples like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbIUEiDBPPg

Regards
DL
Baldimo

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 11:57 am
@Greatest I am,
This contrived TV clip has nothing to do with sexism. It is about racism and this show is crap anyways. I stopped watching when they made things up about the immigration laws in Az and did a show. Nothing they did in the show was close to what the law said. They were trying to sway people against the law with lies and false pretense. Besides a majority of people who were featured on this show did the right thing. It was a minority of people who didn't do the right thing.