Alcohol vs. Pot

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2004 11:52 pm
Okay, here's two situations. Are the people involved drunk, or stoned?

1. Guys get into a fight at a soccer game, start a riot, melee ensues, people die.

2. Guys listen to Pink Floyd, and talk about the nature of being, consciousness, and the evolution of thought.

Now which one of these drugs is illegal again?

And why would that be?

Pot has always been demonized, but which drug is really the most harmful?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 18,756 • Replies: 245

thehamster

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 04:17 am
Oh cmon that discussion is as old as...say my grandpa.
Sure alcohol makes some guys more violent and smoking pot makes some others real cool and chilled-out but you can't generalize things by taking these two kinds of persons into account.

Now when it comes to discussing the harmfulness of both drugs, you get a hell lot of opinions and studies from even more docs and scientists.
Some tell you to get a glass of wine in the evening to lower your blood pressure, some will tell you the same about pot and some are gonna tell you to stay away from both of them.

I guess you can say in real general that the proper amount of both drugs isn't gonna harm you more than everyday's stuff like combustion fumes, MC Donald's food, etc.
IMO it's always being moderate about everything in life that makes you keep yourself aways from harmful things.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 04:49 am
Pot doesn't mellow people out across the board either. Some folks get majorly paranoid, and that can be scary.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 06:28 am
cav- I have known some people who were paranoid, and never touched pot! Laughing
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 06:32 am
What exactly are you accusing me of Phoenix? Laughing Just kidding.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 07:15 am
So alcohol and pot aren't health foods. So what! It's asinine, not to say borderline psychotic, to put people in prison for the possession of either of these drugs.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 07:21 am
Dudes......what are your talking about?
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 09:32 am
Quote:
So alcohol and pot aren't health foods. So what! It's asinine, not to say borderline psychotic, to put people in prison for the possession of either of these drugs.

indeed
0 Replies

thehamster

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 09:53 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Dudes......what are your talking about?

Very same question here...
0 Replies

nn

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 04:22 pm
pot definately ground you more, well thinkers anyways, but alot of idiots take it and that's why it get the bad name, plus gov. wouldn't care if it was taxable, most importantly they care because they realized you get to an altered state of mind where you do think and ans. your own ques. and thinking is what government fears the most, look around you at all the materialism and tech. making life comfortably easier, unthinkable, everything's immediate.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 04:35 pm
Like his muscian buddies, my dad used to grow pot in our backyard. This was before it was made illegal. I just can't see it as bad, but as with alcohol, I acknowledge that some people cannot smoke or drink. My poor mother's alcoholism resulted in her death, but I would rather have red wine with my pasta than mota.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 04:40 pm
nn, many everyday things result in altered states of mind: boos, movies, standing close to a woman, reading poetry and literature, dreaming, day dreaming, hearing music, painting or seeing paintings, etc. etc.. What would we do without the abililty to alter our consciousness regularly?
0 Replies

Elmtree

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2004 05:08 pm
I am quite positive that the criminalization of marijuana has everything to do with who partakes and next to nothing to do with its effects on the mind - damn hippies. Evil or Very Mad Drinking is still regarded as the more refined of the two. As exemplified by Bushie's young lassies. Now, that's REFINEMENT!
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 03:21 am
cavfancier wrote:
Pot doesn't mellow people out across the board either. Some folks get majorly paranoid, and that can be scary.

I heard that as long as you're relaxed before you begin, cannabis won't make you paranoid. So apparently people only experience paranoia from it if they're already a bit worried and a bit paranoid or unhappy. It exaggurates your mood.
0 Replies

ReX

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 05:21 am
Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 05:44 am
Hmm, don't know about paranoia but I do know that the sickest I've ever been in my LIFE was the result of wacky tobaccy. 24 hours of projectile vomiting (sorry about the visual people). Never had that reaction with the booze (and I do like a good drink now and then, and then, and then.....)

Just the smell of the stuff is enough to send me running from the room now.
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 08:55 am
In Euro2000 football (soccer) competition, the games held in the Netherlands (where cannabis is decriminalised) led to much less violence then the games in Belgium (where it is illegal, so the fans drank instead).

I've never known dope to make people violent - other drugs may have that effect but the "mellow" of TetraHydraCannabinol is justified. Paranoia is a possible side effect, not to be underestimated, but violence isn't.

I can say that my experience is not just theoretical...or brief. I find a smoke much more relaxing at the end of a hard day/week than a drink. If you can stave off the munchies, it's better for the waistline, too!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 02:33 pm
fortune wrote:
Hmm, don't know about paranoia but I do know that the sickest I've ever been in my LIFE was the result of wacky tobaccy. 24 hours of projectile vomiting (sorry about the visual people). Never had that reaction with the booze (and I do like a good drink now and then, and then, and then.....)

Just the smell of the stuff is enough to send me running from the room now.

You must have had an allergic reaction, or it was something that you ate, because otherwise, I would have to say that you're full of ****.
0 Replies

ReX

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2004 03:41 pm
Did you smoke it or eat it? Very Happy
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 03:28 am
ReX: Very funny.

kickycan: No need to get so defensive! No it wasn't something that I ate and yes I am pretty sure that I am allergic to pot. Take a chill man!
0 Replies