Alcohol vs. Pot

kickycan

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 03:41 am
I'm not defensive. I'm just blunt. Smile
0 Replies

Solon

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 12:02 pm
A better question would be, why does the government decide what plants we grow and eat/smoke?
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 12:21 pm
Solon wrote:
A better question would be, why does the government decide what plants we grow and eat/smoke?

Why does the government legislate on anything we do?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 02:23 pm
Fortune, you are a libertarian?
I would never say you are full of sh*t; neither would I say that of Kicky, but he or she sure gave that impression for a minute, a bit out of character, I think. I've never heard of anyone vomiting from pot, only from eating too much because of the munchies caused by the pot. Is there such a thing as an allergic reaction to pot? Wow, what a curse.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 02:25 pm
deleted by author.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 02:26 pm
Fortune, you are a libertarian?
I would never say you are full of sh*t; neither would I say that of Kicky, but he or she sure gave that impression for a minute, a bit out of character, I think. I've never heard of anyone vomiting from pot, only from eating too much because of the munchies caused by the pot. Is there such a thing as an allergic reaction to pot? Wow, that's a curse.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 02:31 pm
Wow! I sure don't know how to work this system, beyond the necessary minimum. I tried to delete a redundancy and only created at third post.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 02:41 pm
I've never heard of anyone vomiting from pot and I hardly know anyone that never tried it.
I'm not saying pot should be legal (neither I'm saying that it shouldn't be) but it really is kinda bizarre that it's considered more dangerous then alcohol and cigarettes.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 09:55 pm
I agree with the orginal post that alcohol leads to a lot more violence than pot.

However, I believe pot has the potential to cause long term health problems in the user a lot quicker and in a higher percent of users.

I realize this will be unpopular on this board.

Lets take someone who:

Drinks a bottle of wine every day for 6 months
vs.
A person who smokes a crypt joint every day for 6 months.

(Heck, even change it to a one week experiment. That may be more realistic. I've done both for a week, and):

I respectfully submit the pothead would usually sustain more serious permanent damage than the drunk.

In a couple of days after the week of wine, I pretty much returned to normal. After the week of crypt, I don't know if I ever completely recovered to level of my former mental functioning. Lost...just a half step.

IMHO, pot permanently destroys your brain, your memory, motivation, and general intelligence a lot quicker than alcohol. Not to mention lung cancer risks, etc.

And this is coming from someone who'd rather be high than drunk (til I started noticing how bad pot ruined my memory).

I readily admit alcohol is bad for your health, too. I just think long term pot use can more easily cause long term permanent damage to yourself.

Okay, I am ready for the flames!

Which do you think would cause more damage to your body & brain: 6 months of wine, or 6 months of pot (every day)?
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 11:00 pm
I think Pot is the lesser of two evils. Also I've never known of anyone (ever) vomiting their guts out after smoking pot…but, only after consuming a lot of alcohol. IMO I think pot is less harmful and leaves most people laid back, while alcohol can make some people pretty mean or wild.

…and when you put the two together, you can't seem to get drunk because you are too busy feeding your face.

Fortune it is possible that the pot you smoked was laced with something else.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 11:55 pm
The worst case of paranoia is with the American government. How can it contribute to the 'war' on drugs to send a person to jail for growing pot. Not only is that person's life ruined, his family pays a worse price.

What's worse is the ban on growing hemp in this country!! Hemp is one of the most efficient crops on earth. It can be used for fabric, paper, rope, food, oil, etc. Good grief! Not allowing the useful and profitable farming of hemp has to be paranoia run amok.

I think the alcohol and lumber lobbies have a lot to do with keeping pot and hemp illegal.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 01:29 am
Colorbook: No I don't think it possible that it was laced with anything else nor that it was anything I ate because the freinds I was with both ate the same food and shared the same smoke. They were all perfectly fine (and all people whom I trust implicitly). I can't explain why I had such a bad reaction to it, I guess I'm just weird that way. All I know is that by the sixth hour I wanted to die Sad .

Never again. No way. Uh uh. You can keep it.

extra medium: Interesting argument. Do you have any medical research on the subject?

JLNobody: I am neither a libertarian nor an anarchist. I firmly believe in the necessity of effective government. Effective government (note the emphasis).
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 01:33 am
extra medium wrote:

Which do you think would cause more damage to your body & brain: 6 months of wine, or 6 months of pot (every day)?

6 months of pot would cause more "damage" to your brain.
However, this damage would, by most studies, be not worth mentioning.
And, also, 6 months of wine would cause more damage to your body.
Also, number of alcoholics (people that drink alcohol daily and in large amounts) is much bigger then people that smoke a pot frequently
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 02:14 am
Quote:
The worst case of paranoia is with the American government. How can it contribute to the 'war' on drugs to send a person to jail for growing pot.

Who says you got to even HAVE any??

Just ask:

Tommy Chong #07798068
Unit A 4B
PO Box 7001
Taft CA 93268
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 02:18 am
Staring listlessly at the screen, I think what I will say...
but wait, I'll do that tomorrow.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 02:22 am
Yeah, like get in a pizza man.....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 02:28 am
pizza?
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 02:45 am
Yeah dude, like we're on the same wavelength or something man.... I was just like thinking y'know like pizza, and man you like SAID it!! Far-out!

You gonna smoke that cone, or what......?.......
0 Replies

ReX

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 09:10 am
Diane, I thought you could get some permits in America for growing it.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 09:14 am
Re: Alcohol vs. Pot
kickycan wrote:
Okay, here's two situations. Are the people involved drunk, or stoned?

1. Guys get into a fight at a soccer game, start a riot, melee ensues, people die.

2. Guys listen to Pink Floyd, and talk about the nature of being, consciousness, and the evolution of thought.

Now which one of these drugs is illegal again?

And why would that be?

Pot has always been demonized, but which drug is really the most harmful?
[/b]

Which do you value the most, your brain or your liver? Alcohol hits the liver, "MaryJane" hits the brain. If you lose your liver, you can get a liver transplant ( if you're lucky). If you lose your brain, you're finished, as far as this Earth is considered.
0 Replies