Alcohol vs. Pot

Debater

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 12:49 am
I don't feel that pot is worse than alcohol as long as some of the same restrictions were put on it. Honestly I don't see why it is outlawed because
1) alcohol is just as bad for you in my book as pot
2) pot is already all over the place
3) the governemnt would at least make some money off of it if it were legalized
0 Replies

Etruscia

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 04:22 pm
I think your dumb as a bag of door knobs to do either of them.

xXx
kickycan

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 04:23 pm
Aah, now there is an original opinion. I disagree, but I LIKE it!
0 Replies

Etruscia

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 04:27 pm
Both are detrimental to health, both cut those little wires that make your work. Both can kill you either directly or because you were stoned or drunk and ran in front of a car. Or you were in a car and killed somebody. So why are you still doing it, because you can?

xXx
0 Replies

furiousflee

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 04:33 pm
Who cares whether pot of booze is worse....people will still be drinking and still be smoking the stuff whether is be legal or illegal...and if you want to get out of it....whatever....I used to be a major pot head....found out that it is infact a gate way drug...and then also some of my friends became alcoholics....both in fact ruins people's lives....so here we go...I quit pot...and drink now really chilled out....I believe pot kills ambition since I laid in my room smoking up...and alcohol can make people really nasty addicts....but to whomever what they may....
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 04:36 pm
Etruscia wrote:
Both are detrimental to health, both cut those little wires that make your work. Both can kill you either directly or because you were stoned or drunk and ran in front of a car. Or you were in a car and killed somebody. So why are you still doing it, because you can?

xXx

Why do people go hang gliding? Why do they ride rollercoasters? Some people like to go out and jump out of an airplane for fun. Would you consider that more dangerous or less dangerous than having a drink or smoking a joint?
0 Replies

Etruscia

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 04:41 pm
Rollercoaster, no bad effects,(unless you have a weak stomach) almost no danger, (its all tested by engineers) Hang gliding, fun, a little dangerous, but if your good, its cool. Also, both of these things are tremendously more fun than smoking weed or drinking. And less harmful.

*to clarify, when im talking abiut drinking, im not talking about a glass or two of wine, or a little thing of tasty liquer(although i personally dont partake anyways) im talking about drinking to get drunk.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 04:42 pm
Why do people eat double bacon cheeseburgers?

We don't always do what's in our best interest. It's been this way forever, since we know drinking has been going on since early humans figured out they liked fermented fruits.

If we only did what's safe, life would be a bit dull, no?
0 Replies

Etruscia

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 04:49 pm
Im not talking about playing it safe, i mean i windsurf, snowboard, wakeboard, and play lots of sports, all which could hurt me in some way. But to smoke weed, and drink to get drunk , personally i think is just dumb. It is so bad for you, and you know its bad for you, and there is no chance it cant be bad for you. I mean a cheeseburger, you can exercise off, and eat well most of the time. if youre aeating cheeseburgers all the time, then i think youre as dumb as the pot heads, or possibly just ignorant to the consequences.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 06:25 pm
Just curious, Etruscia, have you ever been drunk or high?
0 Replies

Etruscia

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 06:43 pm
Indeed, quite a few times, but some careful consideration will lead any rational person to the conclusion that doing those things is stupid.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 07:39 pm
I agree it isn't for everybody, but what about creative people who enjoy it for the way it let's their mind go in another direction? George Carlin said he used pot and it allowed his mind to get to a more creative place. The Beatles did it too, as did many other people who had enough self-control to handle it, and it actually helped them create. Is it stupid to use something that enhances the enjoyment of doing what you love?

As far as alcohol goes, I don't see much benefit from it, except to loosen inhibitions, which might be stupid, or might not.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 09:39 pm
Some people are, eh, loose already and alcohol doesn't seem to me to change them/us much. Some people, not that I have seen them so much lately, but it is probably still happening, seem to twirl and turn with some alcohol.

Which is tricky, as they are probably tightly wrapped, and can see the unwrapping drink as some kind of beacon of evil or good.

And, more complicatedly, it is not the worst thing in the world to be tightly wrapped, an analogy for living in close quarters psychologically. Most of us are as we grow up.

Ah, we all should pay attention to our selves.
0 Replies

chris56789

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 01:30 am
Gov talks about how bad drugs are, but Everybody Loves Raymond, Britney Spears, and Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire is legal to watch!?!?!?

What the hell is wrong with society?!!?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 12:00 am
Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 02:18 am
Well, this was an enjoyable thread, all the way through, even if a few of us hijacked it for a goodly batch of pages.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 02:26 am
I assumed this was a new thread.

'Not that old chesnut' I thought, rolling a joint.

Made me sad to see Cav posting on it.

Still missed.

x
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 02:52 am
Yes, still missed a lot.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 06:57 am
If I see Cav in the afterlife, I hope to spend some time with him and because of his culinary background do a thorough quality study on food wine and dope pairings....I know we'll both enjoy it...
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 07:03 am
I'll bring my bong.

x
0 Replies