What good does religion offer the world today?

Fil Albuquerque

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 05:06 am
@cicerone imposter,
Well rounded comment CI.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 05:15 am
@cicerone imposter,
80% of the global supply consumed by 5% of the World's population. Any other country's opioid problem is small beer compared to that.

And despite all your wealth you still don't have UHC. Keep a sense of perspective, you'll need it when China overtakes you, and they will.
Fil Albuquerque

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 05:31 am
@izzythepush,
The lack of UHC in the US is a sympton of a cultural wrong turn.
Same goes for education. Hopefully they will come around dragged by their pants as the world changes.
izzythepush

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 05:36 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
I don't know, Trump was swept to power by the votes of poorly educated Americans. He's got a vested interest in promoting ignorance and poor education.

Some of the moronic anti evolution bullshit could never come from any other developed nation. As FM has pointed out on another thread Republicans are profoundly anti science.
cicerone imposter

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 02:48 pm
@izzythepush,
I don't worry about China. Do you?
cicerone imposter

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 02:54 pm
@izzythepush,
Europe has the worst alcohol problem in the world, so pointing fingers is rather foolish.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/amp/news/national/drug-drinking-u-s-europe-article-1.2364210
0 Replies

Krumple

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 03:00 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I don't know, Trump was swept to power by the votes of poorly educated Americans. He's got a vested interest in promoting ignorance and poor education.

Izzy its statements like this that reveal you are over exaggerating nutcase. You over exaggerates a lot.

You do realize that Trump won some states that normally vote left. Are you saying that over 50% of Americans are "poorly educated" and some of these same poorly educated people voted for Obama?

When does this silly over the top sky is falling narritive end or at least calm down? Does anyone take you seriously when you talk like this?

I am not a Trump fan but this rhetoric as if he is the first terrible president in history is just laughably silly.

All politicians lie.
All politicians hold their constituents above the people.
All politicians double talk.

So whats new? I honestly think Trump doesn't even want to be president. I think he is as surprised as the left are that he won.

Izzy I really try to give you the benefit of doubt that you are intelligent but saying stuff like this makes it a real challenge.
izzythepush

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 03:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
No because we're not between you two. Unlike you and Russia. If it all kicks off we can keep out of it.

When Europe consumes 80% of the World's alcohol you may have a point.

More importantly why are you bothering even talking to Camlok? All he wants to do is paint America as the source of all the evil in the World, do you think anything you've said will change his mind?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 03:41 pm
@Krumple,
You seem to be under the misapprehension that I give a monkey's what you think. You're a rather dim witted bigot, and it's no surprise you would be a Trump voter.
Krumple

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 04:04 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You seem to be under the misapprehension that I give a monkey's what you think. You're a rather dim witted bigot, and it's no surprise you would be a Trump voter.

See that's what I'm saying. Did I vote for Trump? No but you exaggerate in your head as if I have. You build conclusions on nothing and exaggerate them. Many here notice you behave this way but they are too nice to point it out to you.
izzythepush

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 04:15 pm
@Krumple,
You're the one who talks to me, it's never the other way round. I'm only talking to you now because you addressed me. I won't make a habit of it, I stopped reading your nonsense after you posted all that crap about the Holocaust.

Now I'm putting you on ignore because you're not worth the bloody effort.
Krumple

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 04:23 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You're the one who talks to me, it's never the other way round. I'm only talking to you now because you addressed me. I won't make a habit of it, I stopped reading your nonsense after you posted all that crap about the Holocaust.

Now I'm putting you on ignore because you're not worth the bloody effort.

The truth hurts eh Izzy? You have to make sure your echo chamber stays pure right?
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 04:51 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

izzythepush wrote:

Izzy its statements like this that reveal you are over exaggerating nutcase. You over exaggerates a lot.

You do realize that Trump won some states that normally vote left. Are you saying that over 50% of Americans are "poorly educated" and some of these same poorly educated people voted for Obama?

When does this silly over the top sky is falling narritive end or at least calm down? Does anyone take you seriously when you talk like this?

I am not a Trump fan but this rhetoric as if he is the first terrible president in history is just laughably silly.

All politicians lie.
All politicians hold their constituents above the people.
All politicians double talk.

So whats new? I honestly think Trump doesn't even want to be president. I think he is as surprised as the left are that he won.

Izzy I really try to give you the benefit of doubt that you are intelligent but saying stuff like this makes it a real challenge.

I don't think you have any idea on just how devastatingly damaging Trump administration is going for USA image perception and reputation around the globe. Jokes about America are usual since I can remember from all walks of life round the globe. It just happens now they over the top. No one gets why 50% of Americans voted Trump no matter how you guys want to digest the problem. A bit like no one gets how Brits shot themselves in the head...The man is an idiot. He doesn't need any left wing press pushes to shoot himself in the foot at any opportunity he gets. We know more or less the world is majorly idiotic all over. No big news there. The American problem is that your culture has destroyed any sense of public education from press bipolarity and mass manipulation to poor scientific education to the most fragile fringes of society. The collapse of American culture that Trump represents is the collapse of the State under super Darwinism. The lack of a UHC in USA in the XXI is just another example of the horribly wrong turn you culture has stomp into.
izzythepush

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 05:45 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
With Brexit, a lot of people were lied to. The leave campaign had buses saying that all the money paid to the EU would be invested in the NHS. They rowed back on that day 1 after the referendum, plus the gutter press stirring up a load of xenophobia about immigrants.

Now we've got May pushing for a hard Brexit with a feeble opposition. David Davis saying no deal is better than a bad deal without any report into the consequences of no deal.

There were similarities with Trump though, the poorly educated voted leave just like the poorly educated voted for Trump, along with the racists and robber barons who will personally do very well out of it while the rest of us go down the khazi.

One consolation is that May is not like Trump, it's not much, but it's something.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 19 Mar, 2017 05:57 pm
@Krumple,
I'm not a Trump fan either, because of his well known background. However, we need to see how he performs as the leader of our country. So far, the stock market seems positive, but it's still too early to call.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 04:37 pm
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p480x480/17498401_10212260866981638_1520070787850389151_n.jpg?oh=c5af1e1f536c6508797af840914456ec&oe=59670F87
cicerone imposter

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 06:06 pm
@TheCobbler,
It's called permission (by the parents), omission, commission and contradiction.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Mon 27 Mar, 2017 03:27 am
My religion is mysticism Smile
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Mon 27 Mar, 2017 07:16 am
I used to torture myself when i was in religion but i left and now I am free to love all religions. Free and joyous..
TheCobbler

Mon 27 Mar, 2017 08:40 am
Richard Dawkins is god...