53

What good does religion offer the world today?

0  
Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2018 04:52 pm
farmerman wrote:
oralloy wrote:
In my experience it is the environmental movement that is the greatest obstacle when it comes to nuclear power, not the conservatives.

Chernobyl is an effective counter to that belief.

The environmental movement is the primary source of opposition to nuclear reactors in America.

They are also the reason why we have to store nuclear waste instead of using it as fuel for sodium-cooled fast reactors.

0  
Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2018 04:57 pm
@oralloy,
It's been awhile since I've seen this bug where you have to bump threads.

1  
Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2018 10:53 pm
@oralloy,
The environmental movement is the primary source of opposition to nuclear reactors in America
I dont doubt it at all . So what?. You against BestAavailableTechnology? The more monitoring the better I say. Look at Fukushima Daiichi. How are they to justify that plume of all sorts of heavy rad metals as well as Tritium in the ocean? They use an attitude of reliance on authority over there.Then when they **** up, somebody "apologizes deeply", what a joke.

We would never have allowed the reactor to be located in such a seismic zone in the first place.
Also, lets not kid ourselves, we really dont know everything about NaFRs yet. EPRI is still working on several options half of which have to do with ops safety .Remember Na and H2O are not friendly and there have been several close calls in India over molten salt and pretty good explosions
Leadfoot

1  
Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2018 06:19 am
@TheCobbler,
They have used the name of Jesus Christ to promote their bigotry

I am so sorry you got such a shitty introduction to him. Glad you got over it and hope you realize who 'they' are now.

0  
Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2018 06:46 am
farmerman wrote:
I dont doubt it at all. So what?

So any complaints over lack of nuclear power should be directed to their address.

farmerman wrote:
You against BestAavailableTechnology? The more monitoring the better I say. Look at Fukushima Daiichi. How are they to justify that plume of all sorts of heavy rad metals as well as Tritium in the ocean? They use an attitude of reliance on authority over there. Then when they **** up, somebody "apologizes deeply", what a joke.

I acknowledge the risk.

farmerman wrote:

You might want to look at the risk levels of Indian Point 3 near New York City, Pilgrim 1 near Boston, and Limerick 1 and 2 Near Philadelphia.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/42103936/ns/world_news-asiapacific/

farmerman wrote:
Also, lets not kid ourselves, we really dont know everything about NaFRs yet. EPRI is still working on several options half of which have to do with ops safety.

We know quite a bit. And we'd know a lot more if the environmental movement had not forced us to stop all research on them.

farmerman wrote:
Remember Na and H2O are not friendly

That is a risk of course.

farmerman wrote:
and there have been several close calls in India over molten salt and pretty good explosions

Molten salt? How has that been dangerous?

Most of the problems I've heard of with molten salt are that we can't quite pull it off on a large scale.