What good does religion offer the world today?

InfraBlue

Tue 7 Mar, 2017 12:03 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Quote:
mur·der
[ˈmərdər]
NOUN
the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another:
"the stabbing murder of an off-Broadway producer" · [more]
synonyms: killing · homicide · assassination · liquidation · extermination · [more]

Sure, that's an English word that doesn't appear in any of the extant early manuscripts of the Tanakh, however. The word--and its conjugates--that appears in those manuscripts is the Hebrew אֱלֹהִים (râtsach).
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Tue 7 Mar, 2017 08:21 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Do you beat your wife?

Don't have one to beat.
Have you stopped beating yours yet?

Thanks for my morning laugh CI, you're a hoot!
cicerone imposter

Tue 7 Mar, 2017 12:35 pm
@Leadfoot,
Good. Laughter is good for your health.
There must be reasons you are not married? LOL
Leadfoot

Tue 7 Mar, 2017 01:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
There is. A Girlfriend is much more suited to my temperament and lifestyle.
I tried the marriage thing 3 times before that. It's not for me.
cicerone imposter

Tue 7 Mar, 2017 01:25 pm
@Leadfoot,
Before we got married, we talked to the Buddhist priest's wife who I have known when I was a child living in Sacramento before WWII, and she warned us about getting a divorce. She told us that what makes anyone think the next marriage is going to be any easier is not being realistic. Most people have different ideas about many subjects and issues. Many marriages end up because of financial issues. They're only excuses, because they agree "for better or worse." That agreement didn't mean anything.
Krumple

Tue 7 Mar, 2017 02:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Before we got married, we talked to the Buddhist priest's wife who I have known when I was a child living in Sacramento before WWII, and she warned us about getting a divorce. She told us that what makes anyone think the next marriage is going to be any easier is not being realistic. Most people have different ideas about many subjects and issues. Many marriages end up because of financial issues. They're only excuses, because they agree "for better or worse." That agreement didn't mean anything.

But my opinion is that humans are not meant to be managomy-centric. There is nothing else in life we keep the same, although I'm not saying you shouldn't try if it's really what you want. But at the same time it's rare and takes a certain temperament to make work.
Leadfoot

Tue 7 Mar, 2017 03:37 pm
Holy ****, the Krump & I agree for once
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 7 Mar, 2017 04:47 pm
@Krumple,
Simply put, I believe in the family concept. To experience marriage, have children and experience the joys and pains, and have a life-long companion and friend to experience what life is all about.
TheCobbler

Fri 10 Mar, 2017 06:20 pm
@neologist,
When was the last time you opened a book of earth science? Smile

One day and night is still one single rotation of the earth. It is now, and was long before Genesis was written... That is solid science provable from many disciplines of critical observation.

Are you saying the earth spins at a different speed from God's perspective? Smile
TheCobbler

Fri 10 Mar, 2017 06:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I believe in the world concept, that a real family is not always those who are related but those who love and care the most in return. If those who care turn out to be your family then that is fine also.
Krumple

Fri 10 Mar, 2017 06:28 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

Are you saying the earth spins at a different speed from God's perspective? Smile

Spin? God thinks the Earth is flat.
TheCobbler

Fri 10 Mar, 2017 06:30 pm
@Krumple,
Lol, does God have to think or does God just know? Smile
Leadfoot

Fri 10 Mar, 2017 06:39 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
a real family is not always those who are related

Two thumbs up for the Cobbler today!
0 Replies

Krumple

Fri 10 Mar, 2017 06:44 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

Lol, does God have to think or does God just know? Smile

According to the Bible hes clearly a thinker but a terrible one.
TheCobbler

Fri 10 Mar, 2017 06:46 pm
@Krumple,
Haha!!!

It is hard to connect the dots when the dots are invisible. Smile
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Fri 10 Mar, 2017 07:00 pm
Time Crystals Created, Suspending Laws of Physics
http://www.space.com/36017-time-crystals-created-in-the-lab.html
cicerone imposter

Fri 10 Mar, 2017 10:50 pm
@Krumple,
The Bible was authored by many men. How come no women? The Bible is full of errors, omissions and contradictions. How is it possible to follow its teachings?
Bible; earth is 7000 years old.
Science; earth is 4.5 billion years old.
Conclusion; I believe science.
Leadfoot

Sat 11 Mar, 2017 08:00 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Bible; earth is 7000 years old.

You are letting fundamentalists define what the bible says to you. The book itself says no such thing.

If I wanted, I can find examples of things scientists said that were equally invalid. Einstein believed the universe was static for a long time. He yelled at the scientist that first proposed an expanding universe that "Your physics are ABOMINABLE! "

So you believe science. When? At what point in time? You can only 'believe' science today because yesterday it said something different and tomorrow it will change again.
Fil Albuquerque

Sat 11 Mar, 2017 09:35 am
@cicerone imposter,
You tell them CI. Wink
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sat 11 Mar, 2017 10:54 am
@TheCobbler,
Interesting concept, but I can't tell just how interesting because the article was so poorly written.
Quote:
They're looking a this charmed existence that will slowly die if they let it run long enough," Potter told Live Science.

I mean, what the **** is that word salad supposed to mean? The writer obviously did not understand the subject well enough to explain it.
0 Replies