55
   

What good does religion offer the world today?

 
 
FBM
 
  1  
Fri 13 Nov, 2015 07:42 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

There was no shortage of religious fanatics in biblical times and there still isn't. But I think you're trying to tar all theists with the same brush.


Maybe if you refrained from inferring too much into my posts and just took them at face value? I say what I say and don't say what I don't say. If I intend to convey something, I'll generally make it explicit.
Leadfoot
 
  1  
Sat 14 Nov, 2015 07:40 am
@FBM,
Quote:

Leadfoot wrote:

"There was no shortage of religious fanatics in biblical times and there still isn't. But I think you're trying to tar all theists with the same brush."


Maybe if you refrained from inferring too much into my posts and just took them at face value? I say what I say and don't say what I don't say. If I intend to convey something, I'll generally make it explicit.
I still think it and it was not without reason. You often cite the rejection of modern medicine as a reason for your hostility to theism. I'm sure there are such people (not all of them theists) but I have yet to hear from a single one on any of the theism/religion threads, hence my charge of painting all theists with your brush. Not to mention raising strawman issues.
izzythepush
 
  3  
Sat 14 Nov, 2015 07:53 am
@evobulgarevo,
evobulgarevo wrote:
Jesus saves.


But Graziano Pellè scores on the rebound.


http://premierskillsenglish.britishcouncil.org/sites/default/files/styles/main_large/public/learning/1582/image/pellecelebratesagainstnewcastle.jpg?itok=70RrFLq8
0 Replies
 
FBM
 
  1  
Sat 14 Nov, 2015 08:15 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

I still think it and it was not without reason. You often cite the rejection of modern medicine as a reason for your hostility to theism. I'm sure there are such people (not all of them theists) but I have yet to hear from a single one on any of the theism/religion threads, hence my charge of painting all theists with your brush. Not to mention raising strawman issues.


If I say "all theists," that's the time to accuse me of saying "all theists." Not before. Hang around and you'll see the fundies break the surface. Some of them openly state their rejection of modern medicine. There is one prolific member here who is a JW, and they would rather see a child die than let him/her have a simple blood transfusion. How many children have to die from being subjected to faith healing before you grant me the right to speak up about it?
Leadfoot
 
  1  
Sat 14 Nov, 2015 02:32 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
Hang around and you'll see the fundies break the surface.
When they do, it'll be a real showdown on which of us is faster on the draw.

But I do like to see the target before I shoot.
0 Replies
 
TheCobbler
 
  1  
Sun 15 Nov, 2015 12:00 pm
Is it healthy to "repent"?
Leadfoot
 
  1  
Sun 15 Nov, 2015 12:41 pm
@TheCobbler,
Only if you know what you are repenting of.
0 Replies
 
Wilso
 
  3  
Fri 20 Nov, 2015 09:55 pm
http://i64.tinypic.com/2duidex.jpg
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  2  
Sat 21 Nov, 2015 01:28 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
Is it healthy to "repent"?
Hmm!
Don't you have to pent first?
0 Replies
 
TheCobbler
 
  3  
Mon 23 Nov, 2015 02:05 am
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/12295279_1650771048472877_1583818395314888201_n.jpg?oh=158e78c3dfb6922e82122f4c3b40f069&oe=56E9CC4F
neologist
 
  1  
Mon 23 Nov, 2015 07:54 pm
@TheCobbler,
OK.
Now you have pented!
TheCobbler
 
  1  
Thu 26 Nov, 2015 12:24 pm
@neologist,
Everyone has "pented", it is called "life" Neo.. but to repent and turn your life over to some God... fictitious, figment of the imagination on some idea called "faith" is another thing. which god?... whose god?
Leadfoot
 
  2  
Thu 26 Nov, 2015 01:07 pm
@TheCobbler,
Accept no other God but your own. Why would you consider anything else?
0 Replies
 
TheCobbler
 
  1  
Thu 26 Nov, 2015 01:07 pm
@TheCobbler,
I can simply say, "I pent" I surely do... I am part of this world, that is all I know, if I have a spirit, that is a mystery to me. Or, I could follow some idea that I am not of this world but connected to some God??. So no longer am I a pent, I am a repent...
So this separates me from the pents.
But then I realize I never did repent at all, it was only in my mind, because I am still only a pent.

We are born in liberty, and then there is religious submission, then liberty again. We regain our liberty by freeing ourselves from religious submission.

We are all just, pents...
neologist
 
  2  
Thu 26 Nov, 2015 01:21 pm
@TheCobbler,
I believe it is now time for you to take your pent up frustrations and retire to your penthouse.
TheCobbler
 
  1  
Thu 26 Nov, 2015 11:40 pm
@neologist,
http://www.biddytarot.com/tarot-card-meanings/minor-arcana/suit-of-pentacles/

Suit of Pentacles
http://i1.wp.com/www.biddytarot.com/admin/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/pentacles-small.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=300%2C232
0 Replies
 
TheCobbler
 
  1  
Thu 26 Nov, 2015 11:42 pm
One Song

One song
Your own song
One that you wrote
And refined
By your own mind

One song
We can all get along
We all belong
To the same tune
And melody

One song
That plays and rewinds
The song that’s designed
By love
With one heart

A new start
And we all sing along,
To...
One song

One song
One voice
We all make
Our own choices

Time and destiny
Liberty
We all are free
'Cuz, we all sing along
To...
One song

RexRed
11/26/2015

http://rexred.com
Leadfoot
 
  1  
Fri 27 Nov, 2015 08:16 am
@TheCobbler,
sure are a lot of songs with that title..
TheCobbler
 
  1  
Wed 2 Dec, 2015 05:16 pm
@Leadfoot,
Good thing one cannot copyright a title. Smile
0 Replies
 
Wilso
 
  4  
Thu 10 Dec, 2015 01:07 am
http://i68.tinypic.com/10ghb10.jpg
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 06/18/2024 at 03:28:39