Groundmass or stroma or other word?

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2004 05:19 am
The word groundmass here is used as "basic material" that founds the base of main body (I didn't know how to express it properly) , like the stroma. I smelt the usage is not so proper in the context below.

Conclusion: Most of cosmetics are emulsion, the groundmass of which shows strong quality of lipotropy. When analyzing with the method of RP-HPLC, for reducing interferences and protecting chromatographic column, it is needed to remove the groundmass maximumly from the solution of the exemplar for testing. Because the qualities of the groundmass of the emulsion show the quality of lipotropy, similar to the qualities of psoralen and isomeric psoralen;so, some researchers got failed in reaching the goal removing the groundmass from the exemplar after having tried several methods. The experiment has accumulated some experience of determining the ingredients of lipotropy and of removing the impurities of the lipotropy, thus has founded certain foundation for further research in future.

Of course, the paragraph above needs to be improved in grammar and rhetoric.

PS. Some professional terms
(1)lipotropy: the quality of affinity toward fattiness.
(2)chromatographic column: (a term of physics. The compound noun is correct.)
(3)psoralen and isomeric psoralen: (I am sure "psoralen" is correct, but not so sure about "isomeric psoralen")
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 513 • Replies: 4
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2004 05:27 am
I read that paragraph, got out of my chair, and howled at the moon as I slammed down half a bottle of whiskey.

Don't ever do that to me again, oristar!
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2004 05:39 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I read that paragraph, got out of my chair, and howled at the moon as I slammed down half a bottle of whiskey.

Don't ever do that to me again, oristar!

Sorry, did you mean the grammar was so no good that has made you angry?

If so, I am sorry but that was the reason the paragraph needs to be greatly improved or corrected.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2004 05:41 am
Just messin' with ya, kid.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2004 06:14 am
I'm not familiar enough with the medical terms to assess whether or not 'groundmass' is used in the correct context. I hope someone else can help out. I do have a feeling it's the wrong word though.
0 Replies