O'Reilly: Iraqi people are "primitive," "prehistoric group"

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 02:04 pm
I'm sure we can thnk of few more...let me consult with my friend deputy fife.......
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 02:06 pm
I've traveled the U.S. and was astonished at how many areas are still living in the centuries past. Just goes to show that using technology others invent doesn't have much to do with how progressive a segment of the population may think they are. Ever see an Amish with a cel phone?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 02:49 pm
blatham wrote:
Bill isn't very bright and he's poorly educated (evidence his misunderstanding of what the term 'prehistory' actually means). What comes out of his mouth is commonly marked by those deficiencies - over-simplification, incorrect facts, etc. He doesn't, I'm sure, want to be a buffoon or to appear stupid, but I suspect he knows he's in danger of both and does the angry, shouting, 'shut up! thing to try and convince us and him that he really is smart and wise.

Actually, I never followed him up ... until now.

On the Fox-News website he said:
Quote:
The Chirac government is not our friend.

In France they have a Raffarin government - since 7 May 2002.
(France had a Chirac government 1974 - 76 and 1986 - 88.)
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 06:29 pm
Quote:
Yes, but his ancestors civilization evolved. Iraq is still in the same pre-historic state is was then.

That wasn't pointy sticks and arrowheads the Reagan/Bush Junta was supplying them with a few years back, it was sophisticated military equipment. And how could this nation simultaneously manage to be in the Stone Age AND be developing a nuclear capability??
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 06:37 pm
Woow, I've never seen a point go over so many heads before.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 08:27 pm
Could it be you are not explaining your point clearly?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 09:03 pm
That's a fair question. I did a thorough search with my Acme Pointometer and came up with only null readings.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 09:29 pm
My amish neighbors do use cell phones. the poblem is, in order to charge em up and still remain 'separate" thhey have to fire up their diesel generators to charge a bank of auto batteries which are then used to charge the cell phones.
However, back on point, did I miss some major opinion shift from finn and others that herein after abrogates the beleif that Iraq was capable, by virtue of their now neolithic sATs, to have developed a WMD program? Its either one or the other boys.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 09:39 pm
farmerman wrote:
However, back on point, did I miss some major opinion shift from finn and others that herein after abrogates the beleif that Iraq was capable, by virtue of their now neolithic sATs, to have developed a WMD program? Its either one or the other boys.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 06:22 am
Quote:
That wasn't pointy sticks and arrowheads the Reagan/Bush Junta was supplying them with a few years back, it was sophisticated military equipment. And how could this nation simultaneously manage to be in the Stone Age AND be developing a nuclear capability??

That hit the nail on the head. Smile

As for underdeveloped places. just take a journey through some parts of Kentucky where some people still don't have running water and they are shacked up in trailers with incest running wild. I live here and know that is not a myth.

Of course there are other parts of Kentucky that are just as "up town" as any part of the United States.

I wonder if riley realizes that people have their own ways and they don't appreciate people coming and forcing them to change? What does he expect?

Influence is best done by showing a good example rather than force.

Besides the only thing that I would wish would change in their world and our world is people wanting to go to war and kill people all the time. I don't see anything wrong in preferring a simpler life rather than a rat race tension filled life like we have here in the US.

Of course I don't know if I could trade. I kind of like my air conditioners and TV's--don't they have those things too? I wonder what qualifies them to be "pre-historic?"
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 10:27 am
Acquiunk wrote:
farmerman wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

It doesn't take an advanced civilization to sell oil and use the money to buy weapons, now does it? Isn't it the liberal idea that the US armed Saddam? Doesn't take a great, modern civiliazation at all. So, I guess it CAN be both.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 10:31 am
Mr Stillwater wrote:
Quote:
Yes, but his ancestors civilization evolved. Iraq is still in the same pre-historic state is was then.

That's a head scratcher all right. Sayyyyyy........you don't suppose the Adirondacks are developing a secret nuclear program based on that same theory do you? Shocked
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 10:32 am
You really mean seriously, they had money and knew about oil in pre-historic times? Shocked
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 10:33 am
sort of...maybe...only then the oil was called dinosaurs :wink:
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 10:36 am
There's some dinosaurs right here on good ole A2K!
At least their reptilian brain works better than their cerebral cortex.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 01:01 pm
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 01:05 pm
Jesus Christ...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 01:06 pm
He's gradually turned from a fuss case to a nut case.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 01:09 pm
:wink:
0 Replies