re: chat in English

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 09:10 pm
I'm from China.It's been 3 years since graduated from university. Now I'd like to chat with people in English.
My MSN information is as below:
[email protected]
If you come from British, USA, Australia or other country speaking English, pls contact throuth the MSN . We can tell you lots of interting things about China.
Awaiting you, friends.
Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 626 • Replies: 6
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 09:49 pm
robin, Welcome to A2K. Where did you attend university, and what was your major? I'm third generation Japanese American, and I have visited China twice. I can share many things about Asians in the US, but especially in California where I have lived for most of my life. I have friends in Singapore; one is a business man's family, and the other is a physician and his family. I met both of them on my travels. You may also write to me at <[email protected]>.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 09:51 pm
BTW, I'm retired, and we have two adult sons. We live in Silicon Valley which has a very high population of Asians.
0 Replies

iaiau

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 10:38 pm
Hi, u two.
I add you to my msn.
And i am a chinese , too.
Glad to meet you here !
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 10:41 pm
iaiau, Welcome to A2K. I hope more people will join this forum.
0 Replies

iaiau

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 11:01 pm
So nice you all are here !
And nice to meet u ,cicerone imposter.
How about Silicon Vallay?
I ,now, study in xi'an China, and i am preparing for the GRE test.
I hope i can get the chance to continue my study in USA.
I have learned much ,here ,these day since i came here .
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2004 10:44 am
iaiau, Silicon Valley is the location where the big computer companies began such as Hewlett Packard and Apple. We also have some of the best colleges such as Stanford and University of California at Berkeley where many Asians attend. Although Asians make up less than 13 percent of the California population, it makes up 40 percent of the student body at UC, Berkeley. Many of the scientists and engineers in California are Asians. During the height of the tech boom in the late nineties, we also saw many Asian Indians in our area. After the tech bust, we don't have as many, but many high tech jobs are being off-shored to India and China. ** I have visited Xian on my first visit to China in 1992 to see the terra cotta soldiers and Banpo museum. We stayed at the Xian Garden Hotel where we were treated to a cultural show. I remember visiting the main shopping street of Xian and walking on the wall around the city on a cold windy morning.
0 Replies