Beheading and entering heaven

Bvamp

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 11:51 am
I would like to know exactly who came up with the concept that beheading someone would prevent them from entering heaven. I would also like to know what people that would use this tactic think they will accomplish. The next time this happens, why shouldnt we the people, respond in turn by beheading ALL of the people involved, including the people that these terrorists want released? If there arent any prisoners to be negotiated for, and we have proof they are terrorists, why pay to imprison them and have others use them as a bartering chip? Execute them all I think would be a better solution. Treat animals as such. If they are rabid, they must be put down.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,636 • Replies: 46
No top replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 11:53 am
Because civilized people do not resort to such actions and it could lead us down a rather slippery slope.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 11:54 am
Very well said McGentrix.
0 Replies

Bvamp

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 12:13 pm
so what? we already fell down that slope years ago. terrorists should be shot on sight. I cant stand that i have to pay out my butt on taxes that go to feed these people in prison, and keep a warm roof over thier heads. that is ridiculous. to what point does one turn the other cheek? and who made this up that you cant go to heaven if your head is cut off? what kind of b.s. is that?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 12:19 pm
That's called the law. It's what makes America the greatest country on Earth (with the exception of those countries inhabited by people on A2K who take exception to that statement. Your countries are just as great...).

Our code of justice does not allow for that type of action Bvamp. That hype you speak of is from the religious zealots of Islam trying to recruit more terrorists. It's the same as the 72 virgins in heaven for each martyr.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 12:22 pm
Extremism breeds extremism. Don't become that which you oppose.

And please don't sell our moral highground for us.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 12:45 pm
Agree, without disavowing the death penalty after conviction of certain crimes.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 12:57 pm
Yeah, my main opposition is the call to disregard due process. I'd not much care about beheadings (even though I oppose the death penalty this is not my main qualm here) and would care more about the move toward less descriminating knee-jerk retaliation.

That's what separates us from them.
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 12:59 pm
Or used to.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 01:07 pm
Who came up with the idea that if you are beheaded you cannot enter heaven? The good ole 'Merican bible Rolling Eyes Okay, an American bible is something of an oxymormon, but both the old and new testaments clearly state that a body must be intact and unadulterated to enter heaven. However, if you want to blame the terrorists for that, hey, it's a free country.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 01:37 pm
Sorry Cav. As a semi-professional Bible scholar, I believe you will have a very difficult time making a case that the body must be intact, much less unadulterated to enter heaven according to either the Hebrew/Jewish or Christian or 'American' Bible.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 01:39 pm
The Hebrew bible is quite clear about it actually. Not even tatoos are allowed.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 01:46 pm
No no. The Hebrw Bible recites an ancient Hebrew belief that it was required that the priest have a perfect, unblemished body in order to enter the Holy of Holies in the Tabernacle. Only such a priest could go there. (The same requirement was made re the sacrificial lamb; hence the same imagery was used to describe Jesus of Nazareth sacrificed on the Cross.)

There was no such requirement for the rank and file Hebrew in order to be in good standing with YHWH (God).
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 01:49 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Because civilized people do not resort to such actions and it could lead us down a rather slippery slope.

For once, I agree with you McG. Shocked

As for a body having to be intact in order to enter the kingdom of heaven....bull hooey. That's absurd.

As for tattoos keeping a person from entering heaven, if that's true, I'm in trouble...I better prepare my handbasket for the trip! LOL.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 01:50 pm
When was the last time you had to bury someone in a Jewish cemetery, Foxfyre? Like all religions, revisionists make the rules. Wink
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 01:52 pm
My personal feelings are irrelevant. I'm with doglover and Foxfyre on the hooey issue, just so you know.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 02:11 pm
You suggest then Cav that the Jews believe that all the Jews who were dismembered, decapitated, ground up, etc. etc. by the Nazis and/or not buried at all in other events are in hell? No way.

The rules and regs you refer to I believe refer to the religious rules and customs of bural, but have little or no bearing on the immortality of the soul. And customs do change or become relaxed over time.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/judaism/FAQ/05-Worship/section-58.html
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 02:12 pm
And sending Cav a hug because he is the most inoffensive person who fights with me in all of A2K Smile
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 02:16 pm
Heck, just making a point aboutt extremist beliefs. Imagine that in this thread. Wink Thanks for the hugs Foxfyre.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 02:16 pm
Cav is wonderful to debate with. If everyone was able to own thier own opinions like he does this site would ROCK!

gotta give ya kudos too cav!
0 Replies