18+ YEAR AGE DIFFERENCE RELATIONSHIP GETTING SERIOUS! HELP!

marylza

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 04:49 pm
I had written a while back regarding a relationship I am having with a man whoi s 18 years younger than myself. I am 39; he is 21. This started as a school friendship and have evolved into a serious relationship. I am very in love iwht this man and he is very in love with me. He is now talking about a future together, but I am unsure whether I should invest my time and heart into this relationship. I have tried to think about it rationally, and of course it makes no logical sense, but the thought of losing him and what we have together completely breaks my heart. I am completely happy and content with what hwe have and we have discussed the future and how the age difference could affect us years from now and neither of us seems to bescared away by any of these thoughts. I also have a previous relationship that I thought was over....and with someone who is my own age and very successful and stable. I would have wanted and given anything a year ago for this man to come back to me, but for some reason now I cannot seem to make the break from my younger man to even think about being with my past relationship. I guess this is an indication of my feelings toward the younger man. Any suggestions? Opinions? Why am I suddenly no longer interested in the man I wanted for the past four years?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 666 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 05:08 pm
Hmmm here: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=704166#704166 you say that the prior relationship was troublesome. May I ask why you are considering going back to it?
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 05:13 pm
Let it happen. "Love conquers all"
Some good friends of mine have been happily married for about 15 years- the husband just turned 40 last weekend, and the wife is somewhere around 60.

I had an uncle who was 10 years younger than his wife, and they were happily married for over 50 years.
0 Replies

marylza

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 05:20 pm
I guess I myself am not really sure why I considered going back to the other relationship. That relationship produced a daughter, and perhaps it's for her sake that I even reconsidered it. And I think maybe part of it is the fact that I had put so much time and effort into trying to make that relationship work.but it was all once sided. Now this man has decided he wants to make it work, and I guess more than anything else I am surprised at my change of heart. I am really surprised that I am not jumping back into that relationship. I guess my feelings have obviously changed.....just shocking to me. I do have worries about the future with the younger man...could he change his mind five years down the road? stability? But, I guess the bottom line is there is no guarantee in any relationship or in life itself. All I know is I am the happiest I've ever been and if we are both happy, why shouldn't I pursue it?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 05:21 pm
Indeed.

And if the very least that happens is it gives you the wherewithal to resist going back to a bad relationship, it's worth it.
0 Replies