Basketball dream team

patiodog

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 02:42 pm
I think there's a good chance the Jazz would have won a title in the '80s if it wasn't for, you know, the competition ;-) . If you swap Parish for Eaton and Dennis Johnson for any of the Jazz 2-guards from the '80s...
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 02:46 pm
Patio... you made me laugh out loud with that one. "if it wasn't....for the competition" Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 04:27 am
my heart team
the current dream team in my heart:
C:O'neal
PF:Duncan
SF:Tracy Mcgrady
SG:Allen Iverson(my favourite)
PG:Jason Kidd

every NBA fans can exchange opinions with me
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 12:11 pm
After some of the reports I've seen lately O'Neal may be all washed up. Injuries are worse than reported, he can't elevate anymore, weight he is carrying is a problem. If he loses weight (lots of weight) he may be able to hold up. Also, he has proven an attitude problem - trouble for team captain/leader. Also, a lot of refs are tired of his bullying tactics, flying elbows will continue to be a big problem for him - deservedly so!

All that said, he is probably still the best center. I don't see him doing a Kareem or Malone and being around for many years. Anyway, it looks like there are a number of big centers coming into the picture. Is the league going back to center dominated teams!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2003 10:46 am
Kings signed Brad Miller. hee hee hee.
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2003 04:58 am
who comes to help Allen Iverson,a sheer hero full of energy,eagerness of winning every game.
who will assist AI to realize his grand dream of becoming the final champion in NBA.
help him,help,help!!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2003 08:42 am
Kareem, Hakeem, Bird, Magic, Jordan.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 11:08 am
They're all too old to help Iverson PD!
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 11:23 pm
yes,you are all right,BillW!
they really can't now.if the time came back to 80s',they might be helpful and talented,but that time,where is Allen Iverson,so it's funny and rediculous.
we need the current players to cooperate with AI.
what about YAO MING from Shanghai China,a promising giant basketball star.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 02:54 am
Just answering the thread's question of course, but I'll follow the digression.

OK; of The Answer's generation, I would offer:

--The Admiral, or Zo Mourning (Iverson plays extremely well with even a semi-talented big man and his calm demeanor would steady Allen. Alonzo brings a Georgetown connection.)

--T-Mac, Kobe, or Allen Houston at the 2 and the 3.

--and at the four: Mailman.

Are these guys too old?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 10:23 am
No one is too old for the idyllic team. I feel in my heart that this years draft was a great one and will produce the talent of tomorrow. It is going back to a big man's game - this is to Iverson's advantage.

I love to watch him play because he is so creative. A small guy knifing through the big trees with no care for the damage to the body is so fun to watch Exclamation
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2003 09:58 pm
so pleasant to meet so many Iverson's fans.
PD,T-mac,Kobe,these super stars of today's NBA with Allen Iverson
i think they aren't suitable to gather in a same team.if they were,who would be the head of the team?it will be chaos.in order to perform well in the stage of NBA,these supers will be a little independent against others.they will dominate the game to his personal performance,one-on-one matchs aren't the excellent one we are looking forward to.
so in my opinion,these energetic veterans such as Malon,Payton whose aims are to get the champion rings,are what AI now needs.
also on another hand,the greeners full of power and enthusiasm may be good.
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2003 06:37 am
Do anyone know Yao Ming,Houstan Rockets player comes from Shanghai China,also my nation.
what do you think of Big Yao?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2003 09:03 am
Yes and I think he is a project that will bear great fruit - I have never seen this much athleticism in a person of his height. And, there are more coming; San Antonio drafted one Smile
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 11:11 pm
hi,BillW,if you want to talk more about Yao,click my name,and you find a new post sheerly about Big Yao.
you are welcome!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 11:15 pm
Here's a link to koolplay's post about Big Yao.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10509&highlight=
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 12:47 am
thanks very much,Butrflynet! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 08:33 am
Yao was incredible this past year, kp.

An extremely talented player with even MORE potential to capitalize on his global marketing appeal.

He also has the most marvelous dry wit (those Apple and Visa commercials airing in the USA were hilarious, but one local example--I live in Houston, if you haven't already figured that out--was when he leaned down to a newspaper reporter midway through last season and said, in perfect English, "Why don't you ask me a question in Chinese?")
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 08:58 am
I have noticed his personality/wit, too. And I thought he handled the Shaq thing really well.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 11:07 am
I think he will be bulking up soon, then everyone better watch out Exclamation
0 Replies