I am 35 year old man. Why people bully me at my workplace?

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 08:14 pm
When i was studying in school, i was bullied, ridiculed and made fun of. When i reached college, one professor and few students kept bullying me. When i started working, i have been bullied almost in every workplace. I had to leave every workplace after every 1 -2 years when i had enough of their bullying. People talk nicely to me in the beginning but later on, they judge something in me and change their voice tone and start talking to me in loud and rude manner sometimes. Most people compliment me that i am a good and polite person but why do they bully me? Why most people treat me like a weak person? I am an introvert person. People harass me for not speaking enough and staying quiet. People make fun of me and say that i look lost and day-dreaming. Are these good reasons to be bullied by other adult men and even women? What is wrong with me and other people? Why they don't mind their own business? Why they are acting like children in workplaces? What is this need or uncontrollable urge in people to bully me or talk rudely to me? Why people cannot behave like mature adults and treat each respectfully?

Edit
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,313 • Replies: 5
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by sivansuresh
jespah
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2015 08:50 am
@sivansuresh,
You need to talk to a counselor, as you may be unconsciously throwing off some sort of victim vibe.
sivansuresh

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2015 10:24 am
@jespah,
Thank you Jespah.
0 Replies

subzerosolid

Reply Sun 17 May, 2015 07:14 pm
@sivansuresh,
It may be that you speak so quietly or indistinctly that they can't understand what you're saying, and they get impatient. They may dislike your sense of humor. Perhaps you should try to dress differently; try to dress better than they do, and if you are questioned, just shrug and say you're more interested in dressing comfortably (if they say those clothes aren't comfortable, say you find them to be quite comfortable). Or if you don't like those suggestions, try taking up physical fitness... jogging, swimming, bike riding; try to get fairly good at whatever you pick to do. I'm saddened by your story; I hope you find a solution.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 17 May, 2015 08:07 pm
A lot of us here live in a different country than you do and may have different stuff going on, not that we are better, as there are bullies here too.

I've no advice but stand up straight and speak what you mean.

Regard yourself well, think about what you think, and say so.

Of course I don't know your workplace, and this may be dumb advice, how horrible people are, but perhaps it good for you to get out of the victim mode..

0 Replies

Bobby5000

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2015 02:24 pm
@sivansuresh,
It's funny, I was not particularly popular but ended up with a child who is very popular and now extremely successful. Here's some lessons I learned.

1. Dress well and Smile. Be someone fun to be with.

2. Read the book. How to Win Friends and Influence People. All the lessons are in there.

3. Talk to people about what interests them. Try to interact with each person in a different way. Understand each person's interests. Jack, your Giants are doing well.

4. Look each person in the eye. Develop a firm handshake.

5. When you see someone smile and greet them by name. Hey Jack, how are you.

6. Don't be unusually sensitive. Sometimes someone is in a bad mood.

7. Pick up a check wherever possible.

8. Be calm in tough situations.

7. Show confidence. Do not have a lot of unnecessary body movements and instead show calmness and confidence.
0 Replies