What part of our lives are brainwashed, all, some, none?

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 02:00 pm
“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.” Mark Twain

Not much difference between being mad and being brainwashed, so we know Twain's opinion of it. What is yours?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 571 • Replies: 3
No top replies

argome321

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 02:25 pm
@Rickoshay75,
I'm not mad (insane) nor am I brained washed. I wasn't reared with any religious indoctrination. So who brain washed me if you think that we are all brain washed?

If Twain is referring to the mystery of life, well that is something that forever might remain a mystery. But what is more important is that one should not allow oneself to go mad in the search for that answer to the mystery of life.

Life for life sake I say. "Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we die."

layman

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 02:30 pm
@argome321,
Quote:
...what is more important is that one should not allow oneself to go mad in the search for that answer to the mystery of life. Life for life sake I say. "Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we die."

You and Omar Khayam, eh, Arg?:

Quote:
““Myself when young did eagerly frequent----Doctor and Saint, and heard great argument---About it and about: but evermore---Came out by the same door as in I went.”

“Some for the Glories of This World; and some---Sigh for the Prophet's Paradise to come---Ah, take the Cash, and let the Credit go---Nor heed the music of a distant Drum!”

“Waste not your Hour, nor in the vain pursuit---Of This and That endeavour and dispute---Better be merry with the fruitful Grape---Than sadden after none, or bitter, Fruit.”

“For "Is" and "Is - Not" though with Rule and Line---And "Up - and - down" by Logic I define----Of all that one should care to fathom---I Was never deep in anything but - Wine.”

“And much as Wine has play'd the Infidel---And robb'd me of my Robe of Honour, Well----I often wonder what the Vintners buy---One half so precious as the ware they sell.”
argome321

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 02:59 pm
@layman,
Quote:
You and Omar Khayam, eh, Arg?:

I know of Omar Khayam, but have never read any of his poetry. I am not a fan of poetry.
I did ejnoy the verses you left, thanks

P.S. I think if the mystery of the universe (life) was solved I still believe that many, including myself, would still feel an empty sensation. Perhaps one would feel unfulfilled where the expectation was greater than the climax.
0 Replies