Is life endless progress?

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 01:46 pm
Does life start out with stimulus and response and keep doing it over and over again in a continuous chain until we die? Or do our choices keep it going?

“What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is WHAT WE DO.” John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.” Mark Twain
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 578 • Replies: 4
No top replies

layman

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 01:53 pm
@Rickoshay75,
It sounds like you're just asking the question: "Is there such a thing as 'free will,'" in different words.

Am I missing something?
Rickoshay75

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 02:10 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

It sounds like you're just asking the question: "Is there such a thing as 'free will,'" in different words.

Am I missing something?

Not at all. both are about progress. It's an either or question.

“What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is WHAT WE DO.” John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

layman

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 02:40 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Quote:
Does life start out with stimulus and response and keep doing it over and over again in a continuous chain until we die? Or do our choices keep it going?

Quote:
Not at all. both are about progress.

Well, then I'm definitely missing something here. What "progress" are you talking about? The progression from birth to death?
0 Replies

argome321

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 02:52 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Quote:

If you don't mind could you give a little more clarification? Do you mean stimulus as an emotive agent? Choices, would that indicate a conscious decision perhaps? We are not always aware of the stimuli nor our decisions. Then there are involuntary actions and reactions etc.
so I ask what specifically are you asking?
0 Replies