Flu - then what?

mismi

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 11:14 pm
@mismi,
I wonder how long it will take the glands in my neck to quit hurting and go down?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 01:06 am
I can offer you no help, but i wish you weren't sick, and hope that you recover soon.
mismi

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 02:39 pm
@Setanta,
Thank you Set. It's been a sucky couple of weeks. Razz

glitterbag

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 02:54 pm
@mismi,
I don't any magic treatment, but mr. Glitterbag had a sore throat and aches & pains last Sunday, he got worse over the next three days. I started to feel crappy on Thursday, called the doc, she said I probably have an upper respiratory virus, seems it's going around in our area. If I don't feel better Monday, I'll call her again and see if she can check me out. Both of us still feel miserable, and have been doing marathon naps, drinking lots of fluids and waiting to feel better.
mismi

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 03:09 pm
@glitterbag,
I hope you feel better soon. It sounds like you are doing what everyone suggests. I hate going to the dr. Avoid it as much as possible....but if the sore throat thingy doesn't go away soon I might have to. No fever for over a week. So this is good.

Get well soon glitterbag.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 04:06 pm
@mismi,
Yikes, lingering swollen glands and sore throat plus fatigue? Nobody really looks forward to going to the doctor, but if these symptoms continue for 3 weeks or more, get tested for mononucleosis. I realize that sounds unlikely, but I was diagnosed when I was 43. If I had taken better care of myself, it wouldn't have lasted as long. However, the last few years it seems that these colds/sinus/sore throat ailments last weeks not just one week. Hope you feel better soon.
mismi

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 04:21 pm
@glitterbag,
Thank you Smile
0 Replies

mudalik

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2015 07:47 am
@mismi,
eat a lot of garlic and honey
mismi

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 06:11 pm
@mudalik,
Garlic and honey eh?

That sounds delicious! Maybe I can throw that in with my chicken or something....

Honey Garlic Chicken Noodle Soup perhaps.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2015 02:19 am
Quote:
The researchers, from Imperial College London and institutes in the US and China, checked the volunteers' blood for the presence of antibodies - to reveal whether they had ever been infected with the viruses, and how often.

They found that while the children got flu on average every other year, flu infections became less frequent with age.

From the age of 30 onwards, flu infections tended to occur at a steady rate of about two per decade in the people that they studied.

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-31698038

Once every 5 years sounds right.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 12:04 pm
I'm better. Pretty much all better. I still have a cough but we are in the midst of Spring pollen and fluctuating temps and that always messes with my sinuses. Thank you all for your thoughts and suggestions. Very Happy

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2015 02:08 pm
I'm glad to hear the good news Miss Mi.
mismi

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2015 04:36 pm
@Setanta,
Thank you Set. You sweetie pie, you.
0 Replies