Need help with girlfriend

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 02:09 pm
For the past 2 months, Ive had a feeling that something was wrong in my relationship of nearly 3 years. Theres a feeling in my gut that Ive so very wanted to ignore. I could not. I went out online and searched various "Is she cheating on me" websites to find answers. Some advice, I took with a grain of salt. Other advice was spot on as far as telling Qs on how she may be acting. The bottom line is I did not want to hurt our relationship based on gut feelings. We had moved in together. Im fully supporting her and her children. Yes there are children involved. I have 3 of my own from a previous marriage that I have custody of. Let me tell you, this woman I call my girlfriend I love dearly but I will let her go If I have to. Eventually, I say something to her about how shes been acting. Bad move. I had nothing but little things she has done out of character. There is one big thing that bothers me weve talked about. The overnight stays at her fathers house. Well. Thats where she says she is. I dont know for sure. One time I told her I looked at her location through a feature iPhones have and she went ballistic. "Okay so you think thats an invasion of privacy. Do you realize who I am.?" I let it go and she now uses her own Apple iD. I want to trust her. No one wants a relationship that you constantly worrying if the other is cheating. Well...She knows the overnight stays bother me but I let it go. We had an argument over it and I cut it short saying.."Im fine. You dont have to check in. Ill see about getting help for my insecurities." Yes I said this. She's extremely intelligent and well spoken, meticulous and a bag of chips. I hold two college degrees and she has none but she totally kicks my ass and makes me feel dumb at times. She had been planning to go to a movie marathon with her friend. This was an all day event. Sure thats fine but not 3 days before the event she ask. "How do you feel about me spending that night at my dads? The movies will let out late and I dont want to drive home." First of all why is she asking me when she knows how I feel about that. Well here we go. I wasnt sure where she would be so during a session of steamy love making, I cover her neck with hickees. Yes....Just let that sink in. I had given her these before but this time she kinda stiffened her neck to stop me but didnt put up too much resistance, nor did I persist in tying too much. After our love making if thats what you want to call it she wakes up, looks in the mirror and says.."Oh my God!!" "What?" I reply. "Is something wrong?" "No" she replies. Mind you she is holing back tears. I ask again and get nothing from her. Turns out she had been planning this for a long time. Needless to say shes on the movie outing as I type this but Shes told me she wont be spending the night. Why the change? I have yet to ask her. I felt evil. Like I used intimacy to she if she was cheating. If she isnt then I have some issues. If she is, I nor my kids deserve someone like this. They've already have had enough from their mom. When I talk to her. What should I do? What should I say. Im I wrong for doing what I did? Should I begin taking the steps to separate? Any help would be appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 693 • Replies: 19
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 02:27 pm
@musicmanhenri,
Yes, you used intimacy to see if she was cheating.

You branded her like a cow.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 04:10 pm
@musicmanhenri,
Why is she sleeping at her dad's house? Is she very young? Is her father ill?

As for your jealousy: if you don't trust her, you might as well end the relationship. Any relationship is build on trust and if you distrust your partner, what good is the relationship. Honesty is imperative!

I'd suggest you sit her down and talk to her, tell her of your insecurities and that trust issues, especially when she spends the night away from home. Also tell her that you're thinking of ending the relationship due to trust issues.

Whatever the outcome, communication is important. Good luck!
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 04:42 pm
@musicmanhenri,
If it looks like a duck and waddles you should get out the orange sauce and enjoy.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 09:15 am
@jespah,
Quote:

Oh please... Let's not go overboard. He just kissed her. Smart move I think. Now he knows...
jespah

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 09:24 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:

Oh please... Let's not go overboard. He just kissed her. Smart move I think. Now he knows...

If it was just kissing, I wouldn't have written that. It wasn't. He gave her hickies. Those are bruises from sucking on flesh. It's not meant to hurt anyone but it does leave a rather noticeable mark.
Olivier5

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 09:32 am
@jespah,
Branding a cow is done with a red-hot iron, and it is permanent.
jespah

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 09:38 am
@Olivier5,
I am well aware of that. But this guy was marking his territory.
Olivier5

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 09:40 am
@jespah,
So what? That's what hickees have always been for.
Sonja82

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 10:44 am
@Olivier5,
That problem is that without trust you will never have a stable long-term relationship.
Thomas

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 12:32 pm
@musicmanhenri,
musicmanhenri wrote:
What should I do?

I think you have serious jealousy- and control issues, or you want out of your relationship and are fishing for a reason, or both. In the latter case, I think you should just break up. If you're not happy, you're not happy. What difference does it make if you're "right" in being unhappy? In the former case, I think you should seek professional help from a psychoanalyst.

musicmanhenry wrote:
Im I wrong for doing what I did?

In my opinion, yes. I think the hickey thing was a douchebag move on your part.

musicmanhenry wrote:
Should I begin taking the steps to separate?

See my answer to your first question.
musicmanhenri

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 07:10 pm
@Thomas,
Jealousy issues? Yes. Control issues? No. Me fishing for a reason to get out of the relationship? No need to do that. The fish are jumping into the boat. Psycho analyst help? Lemme get right on that. Lastly, let me respond to the douche bag move comment you made. I would much rather be a douche bag than someone who's played.
Thomas

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 07:28 pm
@musicmanhenri,
Then I think you just answered your own questions. What do you need us for anymore?
musicmanhenri

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 07:37 pm
@Thomas,
Lighten up. It's the Internet.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 07:53 pm
@musicmanhenri,
Thomas knows the internet. Be so kind as to not dismiss.
musicmanhenri

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 09:03 pm
@ossobuco,
A little late for that. Appreciate the good advise from others though.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 09:08 pm
@musicmanhenri,
Most are not all for your actions. I somewhat get them, but still think you were being aggressive or passive aggressive instead of talking. I'll pick aggressive.

Meantime, you don't own her.
musicmanhenri

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 09:58 pm
@ossobuco,
You are absolutely right, but I do have a right to be informed so I can make my own decision wether to stay or not. I have tried to talk to her to no avail. So, I resorted to what I did. If she's not happy and wants to be with someone else that's fine by me. We're not married, have no assets and nowhere near common law. The kids don't know yet. Im trying to do the right thing. I'm not proud of my actions but I was at a loss from what to do.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 10:27 pm
@musicmanhenri,
I'm not hating you, I get it.

But.. a right for information (where did that come from, we don't own others) isn't a right for an attack of kissy neck sucking. Now I'll pick passive aggressive.
But I understand.

From here, which doesn't mean to say that I'm Snow White, I think you two have a mess going on.

Also, we know nothing re visits to dad. She may be appalled to have dad see her neck. Or, she may have been trumped by your cleverness.

Any chance of calm talking even now?

Backing off sounds like a good idea from here, but here is not there.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2015 07:44 am
@Sonja82,
And yet, people cheat, don't they? They even cheat on trusting partners...
0 Replies