he wants a break- please take time to read my back story

squager

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 02:31 pm
I have been talking to a guy solidly for six months, fairly frequently throughout the day considering were both busy. Either today or yesterday I mentioned to him I had a lot to do this weekend, and carried on talking to me fine. Then he suddenly said he was "signing out" for the weekend to leave me in peace, he wasnt being rude or ignoring me. I said thas fine, I appreciate he's busy too and plus, he wont want to hear me complaining. He then went on to say, he also cant stop thinking about me, so he wants to take a step back and chill for that reason too.

I said it was cute, but yes I fully respect not speaking for the weekend. He said im not madly in love with you before you get scared, and I told him he doesnt have to explain himself, and he then said I do love you a bit. Weve now gone our seperate ways for the weekend.

now im sorry if youve had the pain of reading this far, but you need the details haha. So do you think he's just sugar coating (albeit VERY pleasantly) that he wants space. Or, is the fact im a big distraction the reason he wants space. Thanks in advance :p
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,256 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 02:51 pm
@squager,
First question, have you two actually met off line yet or is all this interaction just online?

Second question, you told him you would be mostly unavailable this weekend. He agreed to give you the space you needed to do whatever you needed to do. You told him he doesn't have to explain himself to you, but you are agonizing over every syllable he said. Why?

Just do what you need to do over the weekend and resume your conversation with him next week. Let time reveal the answers to you.
squager

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 03:03 pm
@Butrflynet,
We havent, thats why I didnt mention it because I knew people would just discard my question, were trying to meet but its just not working right now

I would have been fine with just leaving it, but its when he said I cant stop thinking about you, he added that after. Suppose its not significant cause I havent met him though Sad
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 03:33 pm
@squager,
Not yet meeting in person doesn't make it not significant. It does help put some context to the story though.

Spend your weekend doing what you needed to do that made you not available for chatting with him. On Monday, resume your conversations with him. If things feel as comfortable as they did before the weekend, then he still likes you. If he seems more distant, then talk to him about it.

My guess is, it will resume and be as comfortable as it was before the weekend break.

It is only two days...you'll be busy, he will be busy and you will both have a lot to catch up on when you next talk again.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2015 05:01 pm
So, how are things?
0 Replies