Ever seen a ghost?

rosborne979

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 01:17 pm
NickFun wrote:
In late August of '97 my friend Larry and I got together on a Wednesday afternoon to play a game of tennis. We were in North Cambridge, MA and neither of us knew where the nearest tennis courts were. I pulled up to a cop who was directing traffic around a construction area on a small side street and asked him for directions to the nearest courts. Though neither of us said anything at the time, we both thought there was something weird about that cop. I'm not sure if it was the way he was dressed or his attitude but there was something. The cop directed us to courts only about a block away. I followed his instructions, turned right onto a driveway and , sure enough, we both saw 3 tennis courts. All 3 courts were occupied and people were playing vigorously in the left and center courts. Larry and I both noticed an attractive brunette in the right court preparing to address the serve. I pulled my car into a parking lot on my immediate right. Larry jumped from the car and said, "where did the tennis courts go?" I got out of the car and said, "they were right here!" The courts, the small field on the left and everything we were looking at were gone! Instead there was a building that was not there when we pulled in. We looked all around but there was no sign of any tennis courts. Later I found out there were tennis courts there - but they were torn down in 1954! We somehow either saw ghosts or we traveled back in time.

Why doesn't anything cool like this ever happen to me? I drink, I try drugs, I go without sleep, how come I never see any ball lightning or ghost tennis courts or ghost chickens? It isn't fair. Sad
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 04:17 pm
What a kvetch. Laughing
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 04:28 pm
Quote:
Why doesn't anything cool like this ever happen to me? I drink, I try drugs, I go without sleep, how come I never see any ball lightning or ghost tennis courts or ghost chickens? It isn't fair

Yours is a vanilla world, rosborne. A world where nothing changes; a world of rosbornes.

Either find some better drugs, my friend, or quit your complaining.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 05:08 pm
Rosborne, I hope you know that we really do appreciate you.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 05:31 pm
Hasn't anyone else seen ghosts?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 05:38 pm
ghost writing, er marking.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 05:45 pm
I think we have to wait for the others to sober up before they admit to seeing one. hahahah
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 05:50 pm
Sent to me by Mikey via Yeats...oooooooooooo

http://www.geocities.com/trampingground/Banshee.html
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 05:52 pm
and JL. It seems to mean that a kvetch is some kind of boat...need to catch up a little.
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 06:02 pm
"The Banshee" is a short animated web experience by New York artist Edward Bain.

Credit to the artist. There are more short ones there if you let it reload.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 06:05 pm
Well, I love it, Mikey. Fantastic.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 06:34 pm
That was interesting.
Kvetch, you know Letty, is yiddish for whiner.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 06:38 pm
No, JL. I did not know that. I was telling Mikey that I had an unexplainable incident as a young girl. I'll explain it later.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 07:23 pm
JLNobody wrote:
Rosborne, I hope you know that we really do appreciate you.

Well, I don't know if Gus appreciates me, but I sure appreciate him; some of the best one-line posts on A2K Smile

And I gave up hunting for better drugs years ago. Then I tried meditation and martial arts. Gave that up too after a while. Now I own a house. I cut the grass, feed the birds and paint the porch. So far, that's the best. Smile
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 07:32 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Quote:
Why doesn't anything cool like this ever happen to me? I drink, I try drugs, I go without sleep, how come I never see any ball lightning or ghost tennis courts or ghost chickens? It isn't fair

Yours is a vanilla world, rosborne. A world where nothing changes; a world of rosbornes.

That's an interesting perspective Gus. In some ways you're right, and in others you're wrong. My world is both comprehensible and spectacular, but it is not full of rosbornes (at least not that I've seen yet).

gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Either find some better drugs, my friend, or quit your complaining.

I wish it were that simple. But it takes much more than drugs to impress me now. Smile

Best Regards,
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 07:53 pm
I'm sure your world is very nice, rosborne. I merely saw the opportunity to attack an innocent bystander and chose to capitilize.

I never expected you to return, to defend yourself, and I am now at a loss for words.

Best regards back at ya'
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 09:46 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I never expected you to return, to defend yourself, and I am now at a loss for words.

Hopefully the loss won't last for long. If that swamp of yours ever flows into New Hampshire send some swamp gas my way and maybe we can roast a ghost chicken and try some Jimson Weed Smile
0 Replies

limbodog

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 01:32 pm
Yes. Two (sort of) to be specific.

One was my cat. I didn't "see" the ghost per se, but when I was sitting in the rocking chair where my cat would always sit in my lap, I felt little pressures as though paws were stepping on my lap and I saw the blanket move accordingly.

The other was at one of my previous residences. I was walking up the stairs to my bedroom and for an instant saw in a mirro the face of an old man behind me with tear stained cheeks.

I mentioned it to my housemate (who inherited the house). She told me her uncle built the house himself. He had a stroke and was pretty messed up by it. He was rendered mute (among other things) and was no longer able to take care of himself. My former housemate also said she thought his wife took it very poorly and was abusive to him. Her last memories of him were of him always being sad and often crying.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 01:39 pm
If what you say is made up, you have the makings of a great story teller. Both accounts are very believable, that is to say not fantastical and implausible--except for the metaphysics of ghost existence, of course.
0 Replies

limbodog

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 02:08 pm
JLNobody wrote:
If what you say is made up, you have the makings of a great story teller. Both accounts are very believable, that is to say not fantastical and implausible--except for the metaphysics of ghost existence, of course.
I make no claim that my dead cat came back to visit once more. It is just as plausable that I somehow imagined it so well I fooled myself.

As for the uncle of my friend, perhaps a trick of the light conveniently went along with the reality?

I do not know what I believe save that I believe there are more things in heaven n' Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophies. (I coined that phrase... yah.)
0 Replies