Help. Suggestions. Please.

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 05:18 pm
Hello, I am a 15 year old girl. Graduated from high school, I now work a part time job and go to college. I do not get along with my mother and stepfather and have a hard time trying to live with them. For a while I have been spending my pay checks on food for the household and paying bills when my mother can't. She has been married a year to my stepfather who is only 24 while she is 39. She is childish and my stepfather is also still a child. My stepfather doesn't have a job and my mother is on unemployment. I know I could have a better life elsewhere and my mother won't let me leave. I would go live with my father but I can't get my desired education at the college in the state he lives in. Also his house is filthy because they have 4-6 dogs they let roam the house and defecate and urinate everywhere. HIs Wife doesn't clean and her daughter who lives there is on drugs. I don't think either of the environments are stable. I have major depression and anxiety and I was abused for a year because my mother had a boyfriend who had anger issues. He was only 21 and also never had a job. My mother has multiple guys closer to my age in and out of the house often. I know she tries to be a mom but she's ruining me. I've been in an institute for a suicide attempt and if I have to live here much longer I'm afraid it may happen again. I need help. I don't know what to do. I've looked into emancipation but I don't have a good enough income to support myself. I'm stuck. What do I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,306 • Replies: 7
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 06:15 pm
@Renaylen,
Continue in High School for 2 or 3 more years.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 07:22 pm
@Renaylen,
I don't know what to say, as these are difficult circumstances.

Is there any opportunity for counselling not associated with y9our being in an institute?
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 08:37 am
@Renaylen,
Quote:
I am a 15 year old girl. Graduated from high school
15 and already graduated from high school? So you are some kind of genius, right?

Quote:
I can't get my desired education at the college in the state he lives in
Smart enough to graduate 3 years early and you don't have multiple large colleges banging down your door to give you a scholarship, allowing you to live on campus and away from your situation? Really?

Quote:
My mother has multiple guys closer to my age in and out of the house often.
Does your stepfather know about these guys?

Quote:
For a while I have been spending my pay checks on food for the household and paying bills when my mother can't.
Stop buying food for the household. Only buy food for yourself. Stop paying your mother's bills. Save the money to get out.

Renaylen

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 09:53 am
@CoastalRat,
I wouldn't say I'm a genius. I didn't enjoy highschool. The people are immature and cruel. I spent summers, weekends, and breaks at the high school doing everything I could to graduate as fast as possible. I was also put in school early as a kid so I technically would have graduated around my 17th birthday anyway. I really only graduated 2 years early.

My mother won't let me leave. She will not allow me to go to a college elsewhere.

My stepfather knows but he won't speak up. He is aware that it is her way or the highway, and she can be very controlling. Since he doesn't want to work he sticks around because he's living for free with us.

It's not like I hand over my money at every opportunity. She takes it. According to my mother I don't have a say in what she does with my money.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 10:20 am
It's no wonder you're anxious and depressed.
You're in a terrible bind.
I worry about the dangers of the human-trafficking trade if you leave now.
My only thought is that you stick it out til you're 18 and that you find someone to confide in.
You're very self-aware and that should help you get through this nightmare.
0 Replies

GorDie

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 10:42 am
@Renaylen,
WOW. girl that is dangerous. I would get out of the house if you do not have the guys identification verified. You need to know they identity or they can rape you.

but lets forget that.

What state do you live in?
do you have a friend you can move in with.
Surely your friends parents would let you stay.
You might have to abandon her.

I am glad you know her boyfriends are immature.
I hate lazy disrespectful drug addicts.

find a friend to move in with until you are safe.
ASAP. from there you will move on and up.
0 Replies

donna downing

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2015 09:29 pm
@Renaylen,
You're a wise kid with unfortunate circumstances. But please continue with being smart. Do you have any other relatives? Grandparents? You can go to child services, you're still underage and when state to them your case I think there's a chance that they will take care of you until you reach legal age. I'm sorry that you have to endure this kind of situation. If you need anyone to talk with I'm here for you. Never hesitate to chat.
0 Replies