help me on my relationship please best advise on how I should handle it I love her more than anythin

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 09:30 am
Hey jon I

Melissa and I have known each other since we were 20 years old we met when she was working at a grocery store and going to school to become a nurse. We are 31 now, nothing ever happened back in the day but we became good friends and she always knew I had a thing for her but she was taken and then got married and had 2 little boys. And we just kind of fell out of touch all together.

Well her marrage is a very bad one her husband is a very bad manipulator and controls hwr and he is always right never wrong type person and has cheated on numerous of times. He doesn't like to work and just live off melissa and is not a very good dad at all either. 

Well she contacted me on Facebook 9 months ago and we just met up to talk because she needed a old friend. So we went to the park talked laughed had fun just easy fun not long but it brought feeling back inside of me as she was just filing for the divorce. So as we go on more and more walks we sat on a park bench on our 3rd walk and melissa kisses me. It was fireworks for the both of us it just took off we were talking every minute of everyday. Well she was the first to say I love you, she was the first to kiss me. And I would ask her a bunch of times if she was sure she was ready for this because I was scared I would be the rebound she informed me over and over again no way because she has been done with her marrage for 3 years. She hadn't had any physical contact with him in that long and even longer for the words I love you to him. So she was ready. Well we didn't see each other very much because when she filed for the divorce he went nuts and refuses to leave till the courts make him making her life even more miserable. Well on top of a full time job as a nurse which is very demanding she goes to school full time to be a nurse practitioner.  And then the hardest job of all being a full time mother and dealing with a crazy ex that makes her life miserable. Well last Tuesday we went out for our early valentine dinner. I got her half carrot diamond studded earrings well she isn't a very expensive women. She doesn't buy the best of the best she is very simple but I wanted to spoil her with something. I gave them to her she was shocked she loved them but kind of gave gave a look like to much. We have never argued or anything I have been her patient rock never forcing anything never getting mad when we could only see each other 1 time in a month because she made me feel loved just through a text or phone call.

Well during our date I asked what she wanted for hwr birthday that is coming up she said she didn't want anything besides for me to love her and keep making her feel my love then she asked me I asked her to love me like she has never loved anyone before we agreed and kissed n then ate n went home. She dropped me off and she had to hurry at and leave because she had to get the boys ready for bed n school the next day. She texts me when she gets home and tells me how amazing I am for doing everything for her. Being there for her not only as her friend but her best friend no matter the situation I was there and she could always talk to me. And we would always laugh together just stupid little jokes that we live because we have the same silly personality. 

Well I started making plans for out next date. I played hockey my whole life till I got hurt in the minors and she was talking about how she would always go with her dad when she was young and really wanted to go to a red wings game so I planned one but I didn't know she had to work that day plus it's hard to do things planned. Then after that I felt her starting to push me away the way she would text talk and everything like she hit a wall of depression and everything becoming to much for her finally. So I ask her if I can do anything that I am here and if something is wrong just tell me and we can work on it. Well she asked me to slow down our relationship because she got scared. Just the whirl wind of everything so I try to slow it down but it is hard n just communicated with her n we would talk but not as much then she just needed time. We'll what's time really? So I give her more space she wants to keep talking so I ask her melissa do u want me to wait for u because I will no problem I'll wait days weeks months years for you. She told me no because that would be selfish for her to ask that of me and put my life on hold. She said with everything about ready to come go a end in her mystery of life she need to focus on her kids n the changes that will be going on there. And I totally understand that it even attracted me to hwr 100 times more for being a great mother and putting hwr kids first. Well I told her I am here for her and anything she needs, like venting chatting or just having fun or if she needed my shoulder still. 

Well I text her yesterday because it has been a few days since we had heard from each other I text. Hey thinking of u hope everything is going great. I couldn't even take a breath and I got a text right back. She said she hates the **** hole she is in meaning her life. She is miserable and I just want to be there for her being a protector in my nature. Well I told her she is a smart beautiful strong women that can conquer anything and if she needed anything to name it and I'll do it. She texts back thank u. I ask her again do u need anything she said thank u but no.. I said ok just remember I am here no matter where I am or what time it is. And she did not respond back so I left it at that. So my question for you and hoping u can read into this email and feel my emotions and her pain she is dealing with. Is there a chance for hwr and I. And should I cancel the edible arrangments I got her being sent to her work on Saturday.. thank you very much for taking time to read this.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 858 • Replies: 11
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 11:19 am
@ndavenport,
You're not providing space. You're over the top and smothering. Cancel the damned edible arrangements and send a low key card (yes, paper) that just says "Thinking of you."

She asked for space. You're not listening to her.
ndavenport

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 11:58 am
@jespah,
Jospah do u think that will work and everything b great in the end and how much time is to much time
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 12:26 pm
@ndavenport,
ndavenport wrote:
So I ask her if I can do anything

Well she asked me to slow down our relationship

slow down

give her some breathing room

she has a lot going on in her life

it's great that you have let her know that you are there as a friend

give her room to work things out

as much as I personally love edible arrangements, this is not the moment (it might have been a nice idea instead of the diamond earrings - they were way too much at the wrong time) - cancel it or send it to a nursing home or something like that
ndavenport

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 12:36 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm just very lost one week she loves me unconditionally and I have been her shoulder and very patient for so many months just being there watching her killed me but I stayed strong and now I don't want to lose her I am in love with her and will do everything
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 12:44 pm
@ndavenport,
ndavenport wrote:
she needed a old friend.

she needs friends

hopefully you can focus on being her friend

she will let you know when she is able to manage more in her life

she is a single parent
she works
she is going to school
she is ending a marriage

trying to deal with another person's emotional needs on top of all that is not easy

I'm sure you're doing your very best to be kind and supportive. Just try not to push the romantic side of this.

Work on being a good friend rather than being a good boyfriend.

Let her know that you are her friend first and foremost. That's what she has indicated she needs.
ndavenport

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 12:50 pm
@ehBeth,
Eh Beth thank u do u think this will work out between us be a use the divorce should be final here with next few months. Plus he will b having to move out of her house for good hopefully in next few weeks. She has just been going through a lot of mental draining circumstances and I truly truly do what to b there for her in anyway she wants me to this isn't about sex because we didn't have much of it to begin with and I never forced anything i just went along with it and I started making plans that is when she freaked out
ehBeth

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 01:06 pm
@ndavenport,
there is no way of knowing if your long-term relationship will be of more than friends

sometimes people don't stay in romantic relationships they start toward the end of other romantic relationships/marriages. sometimes the friendship that developed is enough to maintain that second romantic relationship past the end of a marriage

try to stay focused on friendship, not romance and definitely not making future plans

her future plans have to be focused on children, work and school before anything else
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 12:10 pm
@ndavenport,
Take a real close look at the "be there for her" mantra.

Your story sounds to me to be more about you being there for you...than for her.

If it actually is about being there for her...

...pay close attention to what Jespah and Beth have advised, because that is what "being there for her" will look like.
ndavenport

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 01:22 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank what do u mean by there for me
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 01:28 pm
@ndavenport,
ndavenport wrote:

Frank what do u mean by there for me

Your post seems (to me) to be more about the problem's effect on you.

The term "I want to be there for her" sounds great, but is it real? Does it tell the whole story?

If you truly are interested in "being there for her"...rather than trying to win her for your own...you would, as I said earlier, probably be following the advice both Jespah and Beth gave you.

"Being there for her" may mean standing away...perhaps for a long while, but at least until she initiates a request for closer, more frequent contact.

"Being there for yourself" means concentrating on your desire for her.

It is the human thing to do...I recognize that. And it is a heck of a lot easier to give advice of this sort than to take it.

But...
0 Replies

Eliusa

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2015 09:02 am
@ndavenport,
Yep, there is too much 'I love her, I want her'.
Lay low and wait for her to call you back into her life.
I think I have rights to say that because I am in same
raging love that has no future and I am afraid no ending.
So learn how to slow down and be happy with your love.
Just because it is exists.
Just curious what zodiac sign are you and her?
0 Replies