Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

Baldimo

Reply Sun 5 May, 2019 12:25 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Just curious. Since Trump's first claim to fame is his genius success as a businessman and financial mogul, do you ever wonder why he's so deathly set on the public never seeing his taxes or business transactions with Deutche Bank?

He isn't a financial mogul, he was a real-estate investor and developer. As for not wanting people to see his taxes, I don't care about his taxes. If there were problems with his taxes, the IRS would have caught him a long time ago. The DNC played this tax game with Romney as well and even went as far as to have Harry Reid lie on the Senate floor about Romney and his taxes. Reid later admitted that it was a lie but also said that it worked so it was worth it, that should tell you something.

I'm more interested in the taxes of people who were not millionaires before coming into politics but have become millionaires since. How about we put the same insider trading restrictions on the politicians as we have on everyone else?

As for Trump being a "fraud" as you call it, I didn't vote for him but I think he hasn't done a bad job as President. He appears to have followed through with a good portion of his campaign promises despite Mexico not paying for the wall, which we all know wouldn't happen. The economy is in really good shape, unemployment is down, wages are up and the company I work for is doing very well, which could only happen in a good economy, companies don't spend money on hyper-converged servers and storage solutions if they aren't making money.

Justices, as in his selection of judges? I actually don't have a problem with any of his selections so far. They appear to be more aligned with the Constitution then Obama's picks.

Tax cuts: I actually got a refund this year, first time in 3 years. I'll let that speak for itself...

Regulation rollbacks: I don't have a problem with them actually. I thought Obama and his FDA and other depts overstepped their bounds on a lot of the things they put into place. They knew they couldn't get their "common sense" regulations passed as law so they bypassed the will of the people and did what they wanted to, I didn't agree with that.

In the mean time, Trump has worked on justice and prison reform, renegotiated trade deals with several of our allies. I think this whole Russian Collusion scam has done a lot to prevent him from doing more, which was the intention of the investigation in the first place.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sun 5 May, 2019 02:12 pm
@snood,
But, but, his majesty said it cleared him of ANY wrongdoing. One does not contradict royalty!!!
TheCobbler

Reply Sun 5 May, 2019 02:32 pm
If you are like me and don't drink you might find buying alcohol for others conflicting. The next time a homeless person stops you and asks you for spare change for some alcohol, tell them you can't because you are busy paying for the President's friends alcohol. (cynical)

How Taxpayers Covered a $1,000 Liquor Bill for Trump Staffers (and More) at Trump’s Club
https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-inc-podcast-taxpayers-covered-liquor-bill-for-trump-staffers-and-more-mar-a-lago

Please do try and be charitable for the homeless.
TheCobbler

Reply Sun 5 May, 2019 02:40 pm
@RABEL222,
I agree Rabel...
The dictator is innocent because he says so? Poppycock!

Baldimo

Reply Sun 5 May, 2019 03:39 pm
@TheCobbler,
Nothing dictator like in his behavior, you act more like a fascist each and every day with your lying posts.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 5 May, 2019 10:49 pm
https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/58619876_10157147997318373_8961622298746421248_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_eui2=AeG89daktJOldIJ9PBiaYT5dkmu9M7UwiKatIptAknlWK487ZiyL0-RUOH1q9Nkq018ssMAXX20Gv4cwXUB-nQcNqdQykal5UusOnTjekaeDMA&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=d582642939a381ac368883c50ae3dab6&oe=5D31B50D

From Charles Pierce, in Esquire:

"In my life, I have watched John Kennedy talk on television about missiles in Cuba. I saw Lyndon Johnson look Richard Russell squarely in the eye and and say, "And we shall overcome." I saw Richard Nixon resign and Gerald Ford tell the Congress that our long national nightmare was over. I saw Jimmy Carter talk about malaise and Ronald Reagan talk about a shining city on a hill. I saw George H.W. Bush deliver the eulogy for the Soviet bloc, and Bill Clinton comfort the survivors of Timothy McVeigh's madness in Oklahoma City. I saw George W. Bush struggle to make sense of it all on September 11, 2001, and I saw Barack Obama sing 'Amazing Grace' in the wounded sanctuary of Mother Emanuel Church in Charleston, South Carolina.

"These were the presidents of my lifetime. These were not perfect men. They were not perfect presidents, god knows. Not one of them was that. But they approached the job, and they took to the podium, with all the gravitas they could muster as appropriate to the job. They tried, at least, to reach for something in the presidency that was beyond their grasp as ordinary human beings. They were not all ennobled by the attempt, but they tried nonetheless.

"And comes now this hopeless, vicious buffoon, and the audience of equally hopeless and vicious buffoons who laughed and cheered when he made sport of a woman whose lasting memory of the trauma she suffered is the laughter of the perpetrators. Now he comes, a man swathed in scandal, with no interest beyond what he can put in his pocket and what he can put over on a universe of suckers, and he does something like this while occupying an office that we gave him, and while endowed with a public trust that he dishonors every day he wakes up in the White House.

"The scion of a multigenerational criminal enterprise, the parameters of which we are only now beginning to comprehend. A vessel for all the worst elements of the American condition. And a cheap, soulless bully besides. We never have had such a cheap counterfeit of a president* as currently occupies the office. We never have had a president* so completely deserving of scorn and yet so small in the office that it almost seems a waste of time and energy to summon up the requisite contempt.

"Watch how a republic dies in the empty eyes of an empty man who feels nothing but his own imaginary greatness, and who cannot find in himself the decency simply to shut up even when it is in his best interest to do so. Presidents don't have to be heroes to be good presidents. They just have to realize that their humanity is our common humanity, and that their political commonwealth is our political commonwealth, too.

Watch him behind the seal of the President of the United States. Isn't he a funny man? Isn't what happened to that lady hilarious? Watch the assembled morons cheer. This is the only story now."

- Charles Pierce
snood

Reply Mon 6 May, 2019 05:02 am
@TheCobbler,
At least I get some small consolation from reading my despair put so eloquently. I have always admired Pierce. Shared this with my FB. Thanks.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Mon 6 May, 2019 08:16 am
@TheCobbler,
Great Post. Great piece. Not surprisingly perhaps, I don't know Charles Pierce. Thanks for bringing to our attention. I am going to copy this link to the Trump board and fb. Even though most of my relations and friends (husbands side) may be among the morons cheering him on. My side of the family has always been democrat and union members.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Mon 6 May, 2019 08:23 am
@TheCobbler,
I saw that it was a travesty. Where I live, we don't often see homeless that I am aware of. I often see people, oddly mostly older men, walking on the sides of the road. I confess being a lone woman, I am afraid to offer them a ride. Afterwards, I suffer guilt for not being guided by Jesus's parable of the good Samaritan.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 6 May, 2019 09:32 am
The only people who believe Trump's a Christian are the ones who believed
Obama was a Muslim.
- John Fugelsang
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 6 May, 2019 09:36 am
Russia skipping the hacking & now OWNING companies that oversee our elections.
Maryland elections co. bought by Russian oligarch.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 6 May, 2019 09:39 am
https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/59376294_1239895166173475_5377857383160610816_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_eui2=AeEGyVKfJ3nv3UytFZj3f-1mehbzeMQlYnALZ2cGkkiJLd_HjuufNXX8P0ifK9V6I1ScK2_KP8MgO3di7TFDkAmAVBxXM3HyZEIld5redVg04A&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=ce205bb908843e0527c5c435db848754&oe=5D709482
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 6 May, 2019 09:42 am
So who put the bug in trump's ear that Iran was planning an attack on us?
#ConversationsWithVlad
RABEL222

Reply Mon 6 May, 2019 04:30 pm
@TheCobbler,
Its the only way he can figure to get reelected. A wartime president has never been defeated. I don't see any reasons why they are dangerous except the military said so. Do any of you remember how the Vietnam war started? The military claimed that they were attacked on the high seas. It was a lie!
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 7 May, 2019 09:15 am

https://i.imgur.com/KJowROs.jpg
Baldimo

Reply Tue 7 May, 2019 09:38 am
@Region Philbis,
Compare Trump's majority to Obama's majority for the first 2 years and then say that again.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 7 May, 2019 09:39 am
@RABEL222,
Trumps economy is way better than Obama's economy, it will be the economy that will get him reelcted. The DNC is going to wreck the economy if they win.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 7 May, 2019 11:35 am
@Baldimo,
trumps economy IS o's economy. O's upward trajectory would have hit full employment at just about the same time as T did. T of course claims the credit for o's hard work as he always does.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 7 May, 2019 11:59 am
@MontereyJack,
Obama had a stagnant economy that wasn't moving, Obama doesn't get credit for what Trump has done. Obama couldn't have had an economy like this in his wildest dreams. Don't you remember Obama telling everyone that the growth we are seeing wasn't possible, we were suppose to get used to the new normal, which was a dead economy.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 7 May, 2019 01:17 pm
@Baldimo,
That is flatly not true. Six years of solid groth to cap off obamas yeard incluuding many quarters like trumpds. Haveent you learned yet that trump. always inflates his claims. Always.