Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

maporsche

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2019 05:31 am
@snood,
No no. Not upset. Sorry it read that way.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2019 11:33 am
Mueller Report Shows President Donald Trump’s Repeated Efforts To Obstruct | Rachel Maddow | MSNBC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJYBD_0m6Vo
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2019 11:53 am
@maporsche,
The idea that corporations cannot pay taxes or somehow they will become unprofitable is ludicrous! If ordinary poor citizens, who don't even earn a living wage, can give their hard-earned money to pay for roads and the military so can corporations... Corporations should be charitable without tax write-offs. Charity should be given with a free and unfettered heart and not coerced or it is not charity at all, it is a wage.

Corporations, CEOs and the people directly under them should pay taxes like everyone else or it is unconstitutional. Equal representation under the law. All "people" are created equal.

Corporations fought (paid off Presidents, senators, and judges.) to become classified as "people" so, as "people" they need to pay their taxes like "people" do.

Corporations are people too? Well, "people" pay taxes.

Corporations are destroying natural habitats of wildlife and poisoning rivers and not paying the taxes that are necessary to prevent and repair the damage done to the environment. THIS IS THEFT!
TheCobbler

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2019 01:54 pm
@hingehead,
White supremacy is hate speech whether if it is spoken by a hillbilly from the south or a republican president or senator.

Just like homophobia is hate speech whether it is spoken by a republican troll or a person of the cloth.

If banning large amounts of republican Twitter users for hate speech is bad for business well then you should not have fed the trolls in the first place with Russian ad money and allowed them to fester and grow. You created these social miscreants and it is your responsibility to stop it.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2019 03:20 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
The idea that corporations cannot pay taxes or somehow they will become unprofitable is ludicrous!

No one made that claim. Certainly not me.

Quote:
If ordinary poor citizens, who don't even earn a living wage, can give their hard-earned money to pay for roads and the military so can corporations...

Those who don't earn a living wage, also do not pay for the military. They do pay for roads via gas taxes...so do corporations. They pay gas taxes as well.

Quote:
Corporations should be charitable without tax write-offs. Charity should be given with a free and unfettered heart and not coerced or it is not charity at all, it is a wage.

And everyone should give 10% of their money to charity. And people should be nice to each other. And it should not snow after baseball opening day.

Quote:
Corporations are destroying natural habitats of wildlife and poisoning rivers and not paying the taxes that are necessary to prevent and repair the damage done to the environment. THIS IS THEFT!

And they should be charged for the cleanup. That doesn't mean taxes, that means regulation.
maporsche

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2019 03:31 pm
@maporsche,
Cobbler, if you'd like to have an actual intelligent conversation about corporate taxes, and my view of them...I'm game.

I just ask that you read and consider the words I write, not the ones you wish I did.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2019 03:32 pm
Longtime Iowa legislator declares he can't back 'bully' Trump and leaves the Republican Party
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/4/23/1852589/-Longtime-Iowa-legislator-declares-he-can-t-back-bully-Trump-and-leaves-the-Republican-Party

...because, being a republican today is undignified.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2019 03:39 pm
@maporsche,
Maporsche wrote:
And they should be charged for the cleanup. That doesn't mean taxes, that means regulation.

Taxation is a form of regulation.

...it is hard to have a conversation with your minced words.

Maporsche wrote:
And everyone should give 10% of their money to charity. And people should be nice to each other. And it should not snow after baseball opening day.

You might as well say hurrah for me and to hell with you. (republican motto)

..and love is silly and soft too. (cynical)

Feeling are for weak people. (cynical)

And I like people who don't get captured... (cynical)

Your ethical standards are crap and untrustworthy.

Maporsche wrote:
Cobbler, if you'd like to have an actual intelligent conversation

An actual intelligent conversation or fake (insincere) intelligence?
maporsche

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2019 04:34 pm
@TheCobbler,
So your answer is no. Got it. Keep the memes coming. They’re quite funny most of the time.
TheCobbler

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2019 07:16 pm
@maporsche,
I am not sure that "intelligence" has brought the middle class the "nearly" full burden of funding our government and the handouts for the rich.

Greed maybe.

You speak of intelligence while using foolish reasons.

Though, thanks for the compliment on the memes. Smile
Olivier5

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2019 01:59 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

I am not sure that "intelligence" has brought the middle class the "nearly" full burden of funding our government and the handouts for the rich.

Greed maybe.

Bingo!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2019 04:54 am
someone on FB wrote:
Fact Based Discourse is not the only thing Trump has difficulty understanding:

Spelling: Covfefe in Cheif?
Windmills
Stock Market
Coin Toss
Umbrellas
Water bottles
Telephone speaker
Handshakes
Eclipse
Empathy
HPV
Grocery Stores
Tacos
People’s names
Personal Space
Handshakes
Immigration
Humanity
Books with words
Geography
Climate
Foreign policy
Protocol
Tariffs
Crowd Size
US Allies
Campaign Finance Rules
Justice Department
The Constitution
Non Indicted Co Conspirators
Individual - 1
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2019 11:17 am
I've been trying to find polling on McConnell and all I have found is his bragging of stealing a supreme court seat and how his trolling is working out for him. Depressing that our country has come down so low where people are immune from shoddy tricks and praised for it instead. God, I hope that fake Kentuckian don't get reelected again. Sad Wish he would just retire already.

How Mitch McConnell Became King of the Internet Trolls

Mitch McConnell Has A Two-Pronged Re-Election Strategy Because Half Of Kentucky Doesn't Like Him

Quote:
McConnell, born in Alabama

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2019 11:51 am
@revelette1,
That cite is from before hislast election which obviously he won anyway. Lets hope hes alienTed more voters since.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2019 12:01 pm
"Trump freeing speech"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dqv7adgX0AcXugZ.jpg
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2019 12:11 pm
Trump Surpasses 10,000 False Or Misleading Claims Since Becoming President: Report
About one-fifth of the president’s “untruths” were about immigration issues, according to The Washington Post’s Fact Checker column.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-washingon-post-fact-checker_n_5cc6f065e4b04eb7ff98ec18
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2019 12:24 pm
Treasury will again borrow $1 trillion to pay for tax cuts, spending
https://www.axios.com/treasury-borrowing-debt-government-spending-tax-reform-a5f699d6-31a9-41b1-861a-02329a744797.html

0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2019 12:28 pm
https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/58906007_2702568159758272_7156526880873512960_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_eui2=AeG-A_-st1CXYhkiXoN9-1WdRFMIzhQtiv_RxqRqgTNfxCbj7FgFbaobpNfsgArRRGYD5HGz2-OG1p1Rs0iwGRd6JKXbKve-Qj-7RvkaP0_nCA&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=79ff9a4a6afd2134658f74d9a50b1b2e&oe=5D738B2F
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2019 12:44 pm
@MontereyJack,
Oh, wish I could find some more accurate recent polling. I really dislike that man and hope he will be voted out. I do know that Trump/McConnell are gearing up for problems in the budget bill and both have a political reason to have different solutions.

Trump on collision course with McConnell on spending

Perhaps this coming fight will affect McConnell as well as Trump. There is always hope.
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2019 03:24 pm

https://imgur.com/kcxWZCm.jpg