Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

oralloy

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 01:14 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
Do you think it is his actual policy positions that appeal to people or the volume of his publicity?

Trump's actual policy positions are appealing to the KKK demographic.

Actual Republicans are horrified at him, but since anyone is free to show up and vote in primary elections, the KKK types are going to be able to come and vote for him.

This New Yorker article is a bit long-winded and slow to get to the point, but here is a brief excerpt:

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/08/31/the-fearful-and-the-frustrated

Quote:
When the Trump storm broke this summer, it touched off smaller tempests that stirred up American politics in ways that were easy to miss from afar. At the time, I happened to be reporting on extremist white-rights groups, and observed at first hand their reactions to his candidacy. Trump was advancing a dire portrait of immigration that partly overlapped with their own. On June 28th, twelve days after Trump's announcement, the Daily Stormer, America's most popular neo-Nazi news site, endorsed him for President: "Trump is willing to say what most Americans think: it's time to deport these people." The Daily Stormer urged white men to "vote for the first time in our lives for the one man who actually represents our interests."

Ever since the Tea Party's peak, in 2010, and its fade, citizens on the American far right--Patriot militias, border vigilantes, white supremacists--have searched for a standard-bearer, and now they'd found him. In the past, "white nationalists," as they call themselves, had described Trump as a "Jew-lover," but the new tone of his campaign was a revelation. Richard Spencer is a self-described "identitarian" who lives in Whitefish, Montana, and promotes "white racial consciousness." At thirty-six, Spencer is trim and preppy, with degrees from the University of Virginia and the University of Chicago. He is the president and director of the National Policy Institute, a think tank, co-founded by William Regnery, a member of the conservative publishing family, that is "dedicated to the heritage, identity, and future of European people in the United States and around the world." The Southern Poverty Law Center calls Spencer "a suit-and-tie version of the white supremacists of old." Spencer told me that he had expected the Presidential campaign to be an "amusing freak show," but that Trump was "refreshing." He went on, "Trump, on a gut level, kind of senses that this is about demographics, ultimately. We're moving into a new America." He said, "I don't think Trump is a white nationalist," but he did believe that Trump reflected "an unconscious vision that white people have--that their grandchildren might be a hated minority in their own country. I think that scares us. They probably aren't able to articulate it. I think it's there. I think that, to a great degree, explains the Trump phenomenon. I think he is the one person who can tap into it."

Jared Taylor, the editor of American Renaissance, a white-nationalist magazine and Web site based in Oakton, Virginia, told me, in regard to Trump, "I'm sure he would repudiate any association with people like me, but his support comes from people who are more like me than he might like to admit."
oralloy

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 01:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
It does not matter to some. About a week ago I posted a quote from a leftist with the argument that all boarder controls and citizenship controls are immoral, that humane individual rights demands that people be allowed to live where ever they want on this planet. That is how divorced from reality some of these nuts on the Left have become, If anyone who likes my house (country) better than their house (country) can walk in and take up residence then I am not going to go to the work of making a nice house, there is no motivation because I will not be able to enjoy the product of my work. Under that regime the entire planet becomes a cesspool.

I used to be against border fences and aggressively throwing the illegals out, but we have to draw the line someplace, and maybe that is the right place. I am listening to arguments for and against.

I'm not sure "house" is a valid analogy to "country". Your house is something you own privately, that you expect to be able to keep strangers from entering, whereas the country is something that is openly shared with many people.

At any rate, we need new waves immigration in order to keep the country vital and refreshed. If we don't keep welcoming new waves of immigrants into the country, we are going to stagnate and then fail as a superpower.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 01:50 pm
@oralloy,
The analogy is perfect, the fact that the collective owns the country and the individual owns the house does not matter. The collective will no more put in the work to build a better country under the no rules program as you will to build a nice house under a no rules program. You build a better country and then people swarm in from all over the world to ruin it with over population, you build a better house and a bunch of people ruin it by moving in and overpopulating it.

In both cases also your ownership argument is does not work because the one paying does not actually own, owners have control. What you have is "owner in name only", not owners.

Quote:
At any rate, we need new waves immigration in order to keep the country vital and refreshed.

Not relevant to our not enforcing immigration law but for this: if we got to pick who comes we are likely to get better candidates then these illegal mexicans that are coming over. What we need are smart hard working people, not more uneducated idiots who are willing to clean toilets for sub min wage. I agree with the Left that we need to raise wages, but the way to do it is to stop the flow un uneducated workers who are easily manipulated into low wage work, we need to create the conditions where the holders of capital are forced to choose between paying free market rates for labor or else have no labor. These mexicans that we let stay **** up the entire market, they are the primary reason so many jobs have poverty wages. We can fix all that by throwing the illegal Mexicans out and going to legal immigration only. Legal immigration is also much more likely to get us people who can hit the ground running working on the problems of this nation. Uneducated mexicans are nearly useless in this regard.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 02:08 pm
@hawkeye10,
BTW I dont feel at all sorry for mexicans, I dont owe them anything. If they want a better country then they should build a better country. The fact that Mexico is such a disaster is all about incompetence, given that they border on the USA it has taken a lot of ******* up to be as bad as Mexico is right now and has been pretty much since the USA became a superpower.

Of all the people on Earth these are the people I would freely choose to let become Americans?

Hell. No.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 02:17 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
You build a better country and then people swarm in from all over the world to ruin it with over population, you build a better house and a bunch of people ruin it by moving in and overpopulating it.

That doesn't ruin the country. New populations keep the country fresh and revitalized.

hawkeye10 wrote:
Not relevant to our not enforcing immigration law but for this: is we got to pick who comes we are likely to get better candidates then these illegal mexicans that are coming over.

People are people. The people entering the country illegally are no different from any other population.

Picking and choosing is likely a mistake, but if we were to pick and choose, there are plenty of illegal immigrants who got very good grades in high school but could not attend college because of their status. Lots of good picks right here in the pool of illegal immigrants.

However, as I said, likely a mistake to pick and choose. We don't just need an influx of doctors and engineers. We need fresh blood at all levels of society.

hawkeye10 wrote:
What we need are smart hard working people, not more uneducated idiots who are willing to clean toilets for sub min wage.

Lacking education doesn't mean not smart.

Being willing to clean toilets for sub minimum wage is an indication of being hard-working. Although as I said before, people are people. Any population will have a mix of hard workers and lazy people.

hawkeye10 wrote:
I agree with the Left that we need to raise wages, but the way to do it is to stop the flow un uneducated workers who are easily manipulated into low wage work, we need to create the conditions where the holders of capital are forced to choose between paying free market rates for labor or else have no labor. These mexicans that we let stay **** up the entire market, they are the primary reason so many jobs have poverty wages. We can fix all that by going to legal immigration only.

Legalizing currently-illegal immigrants would fix that problem.
oralloy

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 02:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
I agree with the Left that we need to raise wages, but the way to do it is to stop the flow un uneducated workers who are easily manipulated into low wage work, we need to create the conditions where the holders of capital are forced to choose between paying free market rates for labor or else have no labor. These mexicans that we let stay **** up the entire market, they are the primary reason so many jobs have poverty wages. We can fix all that by throwing the illegal Mexicans out and going to legal immigration only.

No need to expel illegals. Simply making them legal will solve that same problem.

hawkeye10 wrote:
Legal immigration is also much more likely to get us people who can hit the ground running working on the problems of this nation. Uneducated mexicans are nearly useless in this regard.

Letting them get an education would solve that problem.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 02:30 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
That doesn't ruin the country. New populations keep the country fresh and revitalized.

Would Jordan, Turkey, and Lebanon agree? It all depends upon who the new people are.

Quote:
People are people. The people entering the country illegally are no different from any other population.

I dont know this.

Quote:
Adult unauthorized immigrants are disproportionately likely to be poorly educated. Among unauthorized immigrants ages 25-64, 47% have less
than a high school education. By contrast, only 8% of U.S.-born residents
25-64 have not graduated from high school. .

http://www.pewhispanic.org/files/reports/107.pdf

Quote:
Lacking education doesn't mean not smart.

Perhaps. I am perfectly willing to have an IQ test standard for entry.

Quote:
Legalizing currently-illegal immigrants would fix that problem.
We already tried that once, and it did not work because it just encourage more highly exploitable illegals to come and we let them. Unless you can show me why it would work if we tried it again that argument fails.
oralloy

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 02:56 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Would Jordan, Turkey, and Leban
on agree?

Likely not. But that's why we are the superpower and they are not.

hawkeye10 wrote:
We already tried that once, and it did not work because it just encourage more highly exploitable illegals to come and we let them. Unless you can show me why it would work if we tried it again that argument fails.

What I mean by legalization is to give everyone a way to immigrate legally.

There will be no second wave of illegals if everyone is legal from the start.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 02:59 pm
Australia confiscated 650,000 guns. Murders and suicides plummeted.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/australia-confiscated-650000-guns-murders-and-suicides-plummeted
RABEL222

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 03:07 pm
@oralloy,
Yes and it stops them from spiking the Isralie cannons the Isralies use to blow up hospitals and children.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 03:17 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
Australia confiscated 650,000 guns. Murders and suicides plummeted.

"Plummeted" isn't the world I'd use for it. The rates were low already, and they gradually decreased a bit more.

What was most noticeable was that, for the next five years, armed and unarmed robbery went through the roof as Australia endured a horrendous crime spree.

And of course the biggest change of all: now Australia is no longer a free country.

America chooses to remain a free country.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 03:20 pm
@oralloy,
That makes sense. A super-white descendent of German immigrants like Trump could appeal to the KKK crowd.

The Koch group is apparently ok with him, if not supportive of him. I posted something on another thread about the Koch family basically giving up on this election as they don't care for any of the Republican candidates so Trump is as good/bad as anything else on offer while they work up a candidate for the next election.

In Fox news land, Murdoch and Ailes don't agree so again Trump comes up as a not good/not bad option.

I'm in the group that wonders if Trump is going WTF how did I get here.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 08:43 pm
She has my vote!
https://www.facebook.com/cnnpolitics/videos/968932666481900/
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 09:10 pm
Hillary 2016!
https://www.facebook.com/ORane.Mansolin/videos/497486860414087/
TheCobbler

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 09:43 pm
Republican veterans, the GOP does NOT love you!
https://www.facebook.com/Vets4Sanders/videos/503985703085466/
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 10:25 pm
https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/11949437_10204719868533475_7276678158783515907_n.jpg?oh=7e67526c06e5a6ba54d8aec9ddb69988&oe=567A2456

There is a mass shooting every day now in the USA...
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 10:26 pm
https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11058622_921874204517795_6390679412151015679_n.png?oh=fa4d844c8b2244c4b412c6e1c560e4a0&oe=56822D59
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 10:32 pm
https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11902238_788189987956392_2941690893923116733_n.jpg?oh=d42f07f75e5d492ec8cd98e12cad0a49&oe=5677EC11

This is funny but, I would ask for peace on earth...
TheCobbler

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 11:37 pm
Presidential hopefuls are making noise about immigration. Here are the facts.
https://www.facebook.com/ajplusenglish/videos/604783126329865/
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 11:49 pm
What is your favorite Bible verse?
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/08/27/when-asked-about-his-favorite-bible-verse-donald-trump-did-his-best-sarah-palin-video/

King James Bible
Psalms 113:7
He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth the GOP out of the dunghill;

Smile
0 Replies