Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

Sturgis

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2019 06:33 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
...I don't care what they stand for.

Well, that in a nutshell ends any possibility of me ever again taking you seriously on political matters.
oralloy

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2019 06:51 pm
@Sturgis,
If you refuse to take facts seriously when I present them, that's your business. Denial of reality doesn't tend to lead to useful outcomes however.

But why does it matter whether I care about the ideology of the replacement party? My objection to the Democrats is not over their ideology, but over their unacceptable tactics.

Anyway, it is the nature of a two-party system that both parties will try to get about half of the voters. If the balance shifts so that one party always wins all the time, the losing party will modify their positions to attract more voters. Meanwhile the victorious party will move away from the center to try to fulfill some of their less-popular ideals, causing them to shed voters. It leads to a balance where both parties win about half of the time.

So the major parties ultimately do not decide their ideology. The American people decide what they support, and the major parties adopt whatever ideology is necessary to win those votes.

That means the best way to shift the ideology of the American government is not to try to get the politicians to change, but to convince the voters to change. If the voters change, the politicians will follow.
Sturgis

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2019 06:55 pm
@oralloy,
If you ever actually present facts and not drivel then and only then, might I take you seriously or anything you might post.

I'm done with you, have a good and happy future.
oralloy

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2019 06:59 pm
@Sturgis,
I always present facts. Your characterization of facts as drivel does not change this.

I note that leftists often have weird tantrums when people post facts. This appears to be what you are doing right now.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2019 07:00 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
My objection to the Democrats is not over their ideology, but over their unacceptable tactics.

oralloy wrote:
The destruction of their demented ideology is a good thing.

Um...

Do you even know what you're talking about?

oralloy

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2019 07:02 pm
@neptuneblue,
I am objecting to the way that Democrats abuse the law to persecute people who disagree with their demented ideology.

Democrats having a demented ideology is not ideal, but if there are no abusive practices to go along with it, it is not grounds for outlawing the Democratic Party.

What is grounds for outlawing the Democratic Party is the way they persecute people with witch hunts if they don't share that demented ideology.
neptuneblue

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2019 07:14 pm
@oralloy,
I object to a lot of the things Republicans do. But I don't call for them to be outlawed.

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2019 07:24 pm
The Mueller Report: Reading Between the Redacted Lines | The Daily Show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVbwZg8rM2c

Trump is as crooked as the rest of his party.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2019 07:25 pm
@neptuneblue,
You are free to call for or not call for whatever you like.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2019 09:37 am
Without the full, unredacted report, we cannot say for sure that Trump did not collude with Russia. We cannot be confident that he did not attempt to cover up his crimes by firing James Comey. But what we can know for certain is that Russia launched an unprecedented, coordinated attack on this country and on our democracy that benefited the president. And instead of investigating, Trump denied it on the international stage.

The American people are owed all of the facts without any spin or pundintry from the White House. Beto O'Rourke
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2019 09:42 am
@neptuneblue,
There should be restrictive first amendment laws regulating the hate speech they embody from the president on down.

The president is a foul mouthed racist and this is not appropriate behavior (speech) from a politician or a political party..
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2019 01:06 pm
https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/57936134_2262769120448765_252869390712700928_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=fe2ee3efdccc59456f7d2bd34fc74a95&oe=5D344DF1
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2019 01:07 pm
https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/58377462_1067686753432071_726959404242436096_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=e184f4fae4b8359de87e1a1524e1d993&oe=5D30BC82
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2019 01:26 pm
UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS PAID MORE TAXES LAST YEAR THAN IBM, AMAZON, LILY, NETFLIX, PFIZER, AND BOEING COMBINED!
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2019 06:52 pm
@TheCobbler,
It was a reasonable position for him to take back then.

But the Democrats defeated McConnell's position and let Bill Clinton get away with a $25,000 fine.

So now if it is ever proven that a Republican president has committed such crimes, don't expect anything more serious than a $25,000 fine.

I advise not worrying about it. The odds are slim that we'll ever see any such criminal activity by a Republican president.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2019 06:54 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
There should be restrictive first amendment laws regulating the hate speech they embody from the president on down.

Leftists hate civil liberties. Voting for Republicans will keep America free.

TheCobbler wrote:
The president is a foul mouthed racist and this is not appropriate behavior (speech) from a politician or a political party..

It's really silly the way the left falsely accuses everyone of racism all the time.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2019 06:55 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
Without the full, unredacted report, we cannot say for sure that Trump did not collude with Russia. We cannot be confident that he did not attempt to cover up his crimes by firing James Comey.

Don't be silly.

Sheesh!
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2019 08:42 am
Deutsche Bank has just turned over Trump's records to the NY AG!!! Party time.
https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/58381861_10214938503239590_5063059662165770240_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_eui2=AeGQyax1wIIJ58fRR-ySnKp6cPuCSik9gfsXAuhh_8UscwxgMv4jQyh6R6CG4sujwlmIOM-fMRuR8k4xa2ILBmFBcb9EF7Adnd2xtvw4GTWcdQ&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=d205f1ac0a29c1a1f02cb0b5a53e92b7&oe=5D3594DD
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2019 08:55 am
Trump administration rule could deny health care to transgender patients
https://www.pressherald.com/2019/04/24/trump-administration-preparing-rule-that-could-deny-health-care-to-transgender-patients/

I have a transgendered friend who thinks supporting Trump is more important than dying on a hospital emergency room table.

How many other stupid people like this are out there?

Democrats are fighting for the lives of the transgendered while some are still oblivious to the struggle.

My friend gets upset when I tell them this stuff about Trump.

When will they get upset with Trump?

When it is too late.

What is it gonna take for them to see that Donald Trump is actively working against their best interest?

Destroying the environment for personal gain

Attacking healthcare

Taxing the middle class

Alienating our closest allies

No respect for law and order

Compromised foreign ties

Crooked cabinet of criminals...

Party that disregards the constitution for $

What more will it take to realize that Donald Trump and today's republican party are the enemy of America?
TheCobbler

Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2019 10:10 am
Trump says U.S. is sending "ARMED SOLDIERS" to border, claims Mexican troops "pulled guns on" National Guard
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-says-u-s-is-sending-armed-soldiers-to-border-claims-mexican-troops-pulled-guns-on-national-guard/

Putin is pleased with Donald for angering our closest allies with insults and disruptive trade policies.

Trump scores points with Russia for, "making America worse".

Who are we gonna believe Mexico or lying, racist, Russian puppet Trump?
0 Replies