Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

coldjoint

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2019 12:14 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Could you please explain what you've learnt in your civics course?

I learned that a resolution does not override the law, what have you learned besides how to troll?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2019 12:18 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Could you please explain what you've learnt in your civics course?

coldjoint

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2019 12:24 pm
@izzythepush,
What have you learned?

0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2019 01:37 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
]I learned that a resolution does not override the law, what have you learned besides how to troll?
It's quite impossible, not only by name (though laws can be enacted by resolutions).

What I've learnt? Quite a bit.
But not trolling. However, thanks for your interest in my school, military, university and job learning.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2019 01:50 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
But not trolling. However, thanks for your interest in my school, military, university and job learning.

No problem, anything else?
neptuneblue

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2019 10:04 pm
The Trump Administration Quietly Changed the Definition of Domestic Violence and We Have No Idea What For
By NATALIE NANASI
JAN 21, 20191:00 PM

Without fanfare or even notice, the Department of Justice’s Office on Violence Against Women made significant changes to its definition of domestic violence in April 2018. The Obama-era definition was expansive, vetted by experts including the National Center for Victims of Crime and the National Domestic Violence Hotline. The Trump administration’s definition is substantially more limited and less informed, effectively denying the experiences of victims of abuse by attempting to cast domestic violence as an exclusively criminal concern.

The previous definition included critical components of the phenomenon that experts recognize as domestic abuse—a pattern of deliberate behavior, the dynamics of power and control, and behaviors that encompass physical or sexual violence as well as forms of emotional, economic, or psychological abuse. But in the Trump Justice Department, only harms that constitute a felony or misdemeanor crime may be called domestic violence. So, for example, a woman whose partner isolates her from her family and friends, monitors her every move, belittles and berates her, or denies her access to money to support herself and her children is not a victim of domestic violence in the eyes of Trump’s Department of Justice. This makes no sense for an office charged with funding and implementing solutions to the problem of domestic violence rather than merely prosecuting individual abusers.

For varied reasons, many survivors make an informed choice to not initiate a criminal case.

Restoring nonphysical violence to the definition of domestic violence is critical. As the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports, over one-third of U.S. women (43.5 million) have experienced “psychological aggression” at the hands of an intimate partner. Experts have long recognized that the manipulative behaviors identified in the Obama-era definition as restricting a victim’s liberty or freedom can cause greater and more lasting damage than physical harm. I know this from my experiences over a decade working with survivors of domestic violence. In nearly every case, the bruises and broken bones eventually heal, but the psychological scars can last a lifetime.

Trump has attempted to brand his administration as one of “law and order,” so shoehorning domestic violence into a criminal justice framework may seem to him like a sensible way to recast the issue. But it isn’t. The assumption that domestic violence must involve a criminal justice response demonstrates a myopic understanding of abuse. Many survivors—particularly those from minority or marginalized communities—are reluctant to report domestic violence to law enforcement. Race, class, sexual orientation, and immigration status can significantly affect whether a survivor decides to seek outside intervention when suffering violence in the home. A call to the police may make a survivor less safe if, for example, doing so intensifies the abuser’s anger or the arrest of a primary breadwinner renders her homeless. Some survivors do not report because they do not want their abusers to face criminal punishment or because they generally distrust law enforcement. For varied reasons, many survivors therefore make an informed choice to not initiate a criminal case.

A domestic violence relationship rarely begins with physical violence, much less violence that rises to the level of a crime. If you were punched on a first date, odds are there wouldn’t be a second. Intimate partner abuse is insidious: Emotional and psychological abuse escalates to physical violence as an abuser’s need and/or ability to exert power and control increases. In the United States today, more than half of female homicide victims are killed by an intimate partner. If we do not acknowledge the “small” things—yelling or screaming, name-calling, and controlling or monitoring communication and social media—victims may not realize they are in danger until it is too late.

It is too early to assess the full impact of the Trump administration’s definitional change. The Office on Violence Against Women engages in a broad array of activities in its implementation of the Violence Against Women Act. Perhaps grants that support community efforts to combat domestic and sexual abuse will be restricted to agencies serving victims of crime, leaving survivors without critical resources. If OVW’s training, education, and technical assistance curriculum is revised to adhere to the new definition, those experiencing “mere” emotional, economic, or psychological harms may no longer be considered victims. (It is further noteworthy that OVW simultaneously altered the definition of sexual assault, with the new definition containing a similar criminal justice focus.) What is clear is that these seemingly semantic changes, even if not yet embodied in official law or policy, are part of a broader trend toward the devaluation of women by this administration and this president.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2019 10:10 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

No problem, anything else?

I'm sure Walter is anxious to hear any of the pearls of wisdom you choose to excrete. I can't speak for Izzy, but personally, I yearn to bask in the warm glow of your surgical witticisms. You sir, are gifted......or is the word 'special'?
coldjoint

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2019 10:11 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
What is clear is that these seemingly semantic changes, even if not yet embodied in official law or policy, are part of a broader trend toward the devaluation of women by this administration and this president.

Really? Women are not the only victims of domestic abuse. So, wrong again. The sexist crap has backfired if that is all you got..
coldjoint

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2019 10:13 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I'm sure Walter

I am sure it is not your business or your problem. No substance, just gossip. You never let me down. Laughing Laughing Laughing
glitterbag

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2019 10:18 pm
@coldjoint,
I win, I WIN, I WIN........I had a wager on your response....thank you thank you thank you
neptuneblue

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2019 10:19 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Really? Women are not the only victims of domestic abuse. So, wrong again. The sexist crap has backfired if that is all you got..

Thank you for recognizing this is a terrible policy for all Americans.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2019 10:21 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I win, I WIN, I WIN...

Go check your mirror to make sure.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 06:26 am
@coldjoint,
glitterbag wrote:
I'm sure Walter is anxious to hear any of the pearls of wisdom you choose to excrete.

coldjoint wrote:
I am sure it is not your business or your problem.
Well, but mine. And I am really interested in your overwhelming pearls of wisdom you post here innumerably.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 11:08 am
This hateful Mosque shooting is directly tied to the republican's anti Islam rhetoric. The blame for this rests squarely on Trump's head.

Trump and the republicans are polarization issues regarding Israel versus Muslims and the republican's war mongering stance is responsible for the hate that has fueled this attack

The sooner republicans are out of our government, the sooner the world can begin repairing these relations and seek an alternative to war and violence for profit and greed sake...

Republicans have blood on their hands.

Trump is also emboldening his supporters toward violence if he is not reelected.

This incitement of violence is also a criminal act that needs to be indited and brought to a just and appropriate conclusion. What about the peaceful transfer of power that all presidents should obey?

Inappropriate use of military force is a war crime no matter how you look at it.

The truth is that republicans don't care at all about Israel either.

The republicans would just as soon see both sides take each other down, this kind of hateful miscreant meddling in world affairs has no place in moral and ethical government.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 11:20 am
@TheCobbler,
It happened in New Zealand, Trump isn't that influential, and nor are the Republicans. Some things are global.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 11:22 am
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
This incitement of violence is also a criminal act that needs to be indited and brought to a just and appropriate conclusion.

You are correct, the violence by the left and Antifa should be brought to the proper authorities. Unprovoked attacks on peaceful people should stop, but the left won't stop, they feel their violence is justified.

Quote:
What about the peaceful transfer of power that all presidents should obey?

The peace was broken by the DNC and the left. Nothing says peaceful transfer of power like a bogus investigation. From day one they have been talking about removing him from office and even went as far as using DNC political research used for political investigation. The left never had peace in mind with this President. The day of the inauguration the left set out to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power.

Quote:
Inappropriate use of military force is a war crime no matter how you look at it.

If that's the case, why did you support Obama and his expanded bombing campaigns? When Obama took office, we were only involved with Iraq and Afghanistan, when Obama left office, he had moved to bombing 4 or 5 additional countries. So much for the Peace Prize...

Quote:
The truth is that republicans don't care at all about Israel either.

Yes they do, it's the left and the DNC who don't support the Palestinians, and only want to see Israel destroyed. Once Israel is taken out, the left won't care what happens in the ME.

Quote:
They would just as soon see both sides take each other down, this kind of hateful miscreant meddling in world affairs has no place in moral and ethical government.

That's a bad case of transference you have there, you should seek help with it.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 11:26 am
@neptuneblue,
This is because Trump and the republicans think it is okay for a husbands to rape their wives because to them she is the property of the husband.

It was never about "pro life"... It was about weakening women't rights over their own bodies so misogynistic rapist republicans could lord over them like God's gift to masculinity.

These republican men don't know what "life" is about, they have never changed a diaper or spent a day at the laundromat.

They think a woman is property and this is the core of their family values.

"Slavery"...
TheCobbler

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 11:33 am
@izzythepush,
You are very incorrect Izzy, not only incorrect but ignorant and stupid. This racist and religious conservative movement is at work in Britain with Brexit which is also associated with Putin's meddling in Britain's elections.

Conservative money was involved so that these crazy right wing terrorists could have access to these guns.

Politics is a global enterprise and just because you want to think your conservatives across the pond are different from ours you are full of crap and naive.

Your statement is like saying Putin had no influence in the US election... Really?
hightor

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 11:35 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
The Trump-supporting white supremacist who launched a massacre at a New Zealand mosque revealed that he hoped to spark a 'civil war in the U.S.' in his sick manifesto and described the American president as a 'symbol of renewed white identity'.

The gunman, who identified himself on Twitter as Brenton Tarrant from Grafton, New South Wales, Australia, livestreamed the mass shooting inside the Al Noor Mosque.

Tarrant posted a 74-page manifesto explaining the reasons behind the shooting, which is New Zealand's worst ever terrorist attack, leaving 49 dead and 48 injured.

In the document, Tarrant said that he supported President Donald Trump as a 'symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose' but not as a 'policy maker'.

The 28-year-old terrorist claimed he chose to use a gun over other weapons because it would spark a debate around the second amendment.

dailymail
Baldimo

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 11:36 am
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
This is because Trump and the republicans think it is okay for a husbands to rape their wives because to them she is the property of the husband.

What a load of crap. When you really hate someone, you don't hold back the lies and vitriol.

Quote:
It was never about "pro life"... It was about weakening women't rights over their own bodies so misogynistic rapist republicans could lord over them like God's gift to masculinity.

So much wrong with this statement. Abortion doesn't encompass the realm of "women's rights". You should also try to separate the religious right from Republicans, they are not the same group of people. The religious right has ruined the Republican party, it's one of the reasons people like me left the party years ago.

Quote:
These republican men don't know what "life" is about, they have never changed a diaper or spent a day the the laundromat.

How large a brush do you need? Nothing you have said here has any basis in reality, it's your own evil thoughts. Not sure what a laundromat has to do with living a real life.

Quote:
They think a woman is property and this is the core of their family values.

Not even close to the truth. Why do you lie so much about the GOP?