Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

maporsche

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2018 10:02 am
@coldjoint,
You're taking me too literally; that's your fault.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2018 10:11 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
You're taking me too literally; that's your fault.

Frankly, you are not that important. But you lied, again, about the #walkaway movement.
maporsche

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2018 10:19 am
@coldjoint,
That it's a republican led, Russia supported movement full of idiots?

That's not a lie.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2018 10:26 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
That's not a lie.

It is not the truth either. It is rhetoric and voters do not care about it. The Left is rounding up every government dependent group, made dependent by their policies. That is the Democratic base controlled by people who use them during elections and then ignore them until the next election.

As we have seen Hispanics and blacks are leaving the plantation. The numbers that prove that are available.
maporsche

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2018 10:28 am
@coldjoint,
You have no basis to speak anything of what is true or not.

You can't even know when your own president is lying or telling the truth.
Below viewing threshold (view)
ehBeth

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2018 10:49 am
@maporsche,
https://arcdigital.media/pro-trump-russian-linked-twitter-accounts-are-posing-as-ex-democrats-in-new-astroturfed-movement-20359c1906d3
revelette1

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2018 11:29 am
@ehBeth,
The worst thing about that it is not something the government started but Trump nuts and Russian bots.
maporsche

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2018 11:32 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
You can't even know when your own president is lying or telling the truth.

And you can? Al Qaeda is on the run(in 2012). You can keep your doctor. "I can't do anything about dreamers" said over 25 times and then an executive order as unconstitutional as the day is long.

Do not even talk about the truth.

I don't see anything wrong with those comments at the time they were given. Obamacare changed a lot after that statement in committee and with republican amendments and with republican lawsuits that went up to the Supreme Court. The bill that was ultimately implemented was not the bill that Obama was selling at the beginning. Things change.

Politically the doctor thing stuck and hurt election chances, but no more than the stupid promises made on the Republican tax plan that will come back to haunt you guys in 2018 and 2020.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2018 11:33 am
@revelette1,
Government employees are busy enough doing their jobs. My experience as a past government employee and also friend of current government employees is that we just want/wanted political types to get out of our way and let us do our jobs. There's enough to do without their stupidity.
Below viewing threshold (view)
revelette1

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2018 11:39 am
@ehBeth,
I hear you, it is just if it was somehow a false movement started with some elected official or government employees there is some means to address the problem. I get our homeland security can and I hope does track the Russian side, but even I don't want to go down the road of criminalizing just plain internet users. That could get out of hand very quickly. But it is good to be aware, so thanks for the link of information. I didn't know there was a so called #WalkAway hashtag movement thingie going on.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2018 11:53 am
@revelette1,
We don't need a police state in the US.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2018 11:59 am
@revelette1,
you probably have our fav Russophile on ignore /scroll Smile
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2018 12:08 pm
@ehBeth,
It's easy to dismiss when it's just twitter accounts, harder to do when it's also a movement on youtube...
The link is just for a general search for #walkaway, you'll notice youtube put a Steven Colbert video as the first search item, why is that? It's a video being critical of the movement, not a video by someone who is part of the movement. This is part of the subtle leftwing control of social media companies. Not to mention the massive number of right of center content that gets demonetized, is very concerning. I don't even care about Alex Jones and InfoWars, that guy is a joke and I wonder if it isn't all an act anyways, he sure riles up the right wing loonies, Jade Helm anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=%23walkaway
Blickers

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2018 01:12 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote Baldimo:
Quote:
you'll notice youtube put a Steven Colbert video as the first search item, why is that?

You're the computer guy, why do you think?

You don't suppose that the extremely popular Steve Colbert's video gets a lot more people watching it than people watching the videos promoting "walkaway", so YouTube rates it higher, do you?
Baldimo

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2018 01:26 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
You're the computer guy, why do you think?

Content favoritism using algorithms is my answer.

Quote:
You don't suppose that the extremely popular Steve Colbert's video gets a lot more people watching it than people watching the videos promoting "walkaway", so YouTube rates it higher, do you?

Search results should be returned by their relevance to the search requirements, not just what is popular or viewed the most. Companies like YouTube is suppose to provide results based on your viewing habits that they already know about, not just provide you what they think is relevant based on popular video's, why else would they collect so much customer data if not to cater to your habits? I take it you don't watch many video's on youtube?

Blickers

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2018 01:32 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote Baldimo: Companies like YouTube is suppose to provide results based on your viewing habits that they already know about,

Considering the large number of views I see for Stephen Colbert videos, Stephen Colbert is on the list of many, many people's viewing habits.
Blickers

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2018 01:58 pm
@Blickers,
This is a screen shot for when I write in walkaway in You Tube. No Stephen Colbert.

I much prefer if Walk Away Renee by the Left Bank or the Four Tops was at the top of the list, and I bet so would a lot of people.

https://i.imgur.com/OTMGvWW.jpg
Baldimo

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2018 02:25 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
Quote Baldimo: Companies like YouTube is suppose to provide results based on your viewing habits that they already know about,

Considering the large number of views I see for Stephen Colbert videos, Stephen Colbert is on the list of many, many people's viewing habits.

So a video mocking the walk away movement is the top search return, not actual video's that people have made talking about why they are walking away. 1.2 million views is a lot, but I'm not a Colbert viewer and I don't watch Colbert video's on youtube. Colbert's video having a lot of views has nothing to do with why it would show up in my search results. I did a search for "mocking #walkaway" and another for "#walkaway myth" and on neither of those searches, did the Colbert video show up. You would think it would be the first video for such searches, not a search wanting to find actual #walkaway video's. Give those searches a try and tell me if Colbert's video shows up.

A majority of the video's I watch on youtube deal with knife making or some sort of Scifi/fantasy fan theory or explanation, there are some fantastic channels on Star Trek ships and battles: Lore Reloaded, knife making: Alec Steele, GoT Fan theory: Ideas of Ice and Fire; this guy also does some great break downs of the Dune Novels and the various groups within the Dune universe.