Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

coldjoint

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2018 12:58 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
NRA Admits Accepting Money From 23 Russia-Linked Donors

They need all the money they can get. Did you see the list of Killary donors?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2018 01:22 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
They have enough evidence to impeach Trump ten times over,
No they don't.

TheCobbler wrote:
they just don't have enough republicans who respect rule of law...
That's a bold accusation after the Democrats said that it was OK for Bill Clinton to break the law.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2018 01:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Obstruction of Justice is the clearest offense.
Obstruction is when someone tries to impede an investigation that the government is trying to pursue. It doesn't apply to the government deciding to close down an investigation.
oralloy

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2018 01:24 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
We wouldn't want the NRA tarnished by their own illegal activities would we? (cynical)
Only the left could think that it is illegal to defend civil rights in America.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2018 01:40 pm
@oralloy,
Quote oralloy:
Quote:
Obstruction is when someone tries to impede an investigation that the government is trying to pursue. It doesn't apply to the government deciding to close down an investigation.
So by your definition, when a president admits on NBC that he fired the FBI director because he wouldn't shut down the Russia-Trump investigation, he's not impeding the investigation. He's just shutting it down. But hell, he's not impeding anything.
oralloy

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2018 01:57 pm
@Blickers,
The FBI guy was a rogue agent who was fired for conducting an unauthorized investigation.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2018 03:13 pm
U.S. Allies Warn of Retaliation if Trump Imposes Auto Tariffs

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/19/trump-auto-tariff-commerce-hearing-698100
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2018 03:18 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dif1x4XcAIzfO8.jpg

https://twitter.com/USACrimeReport/status/102003981147904/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Eembeddedtimeline%7Ctwterm%5Eprofile%3AUSIACrimeReport&ref_url=http%3A2F%2Fwww.illegalaliencrimereport.com%2Fcrimes-against-children%2Fpreviously-deported-child-molester-re-arrested-in-california-2%2F
firefly

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2018 03:46 pm
@coldjoint,
Poor inadequate Russian trolls are hopelessly mired with past scapegoats Hillary and Obama.

Putin interfered with our electoral process in order to benefit and elect Trump.
And Trump continues to defer to Putin in real time present day collusion with the Russian's agenda, presenting a danger to our national security. His current, ongoing collusion with Putin was glaringly apparent on the world stage in Helsinki.

It is time for the Republicans in Congress to demonstate some spine, and concern for our country's well being, by passing legislation to protect Mueller and the ongoing investigation from an increasingly desperate, and destructive president, who obviously fears what that investigation might reveal about him or members of his family, and is willing to sell out the nation to protect himself.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2018 03:52 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Poor inadequate Russian trolls are hopelessly mired with past scapegoats Hillary and Obama.

Congress and over-site committees are not Russian trolls. If you have a thinking cap, put the damn thing on.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2018 04:04 pm
Quote:
Fired FBI Director James Comey: Vote Democrat, Or You’re A Traitor

Laughing Laughing Laughing
http://thefederalist.com/2018/07/18/fired-fbi-director-james-comey-vote-democrat-or-youre-a-traitor/
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2018 04:07 pm
@coldjoint,
And our intelligence agencies and Congressional committes have determined that Putin interfered with our 2016 election to benefit and elect Trump. And Trump continues to defer to Putin in an openly deferential manner, jeopardizing our national interests for his own self protection.

But poor Russian trolls, unable to acknowledge that, remain obsessed with scapegoating Hillary and Obama. Pathetic.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2018 04:23 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Putin interfered with our 2016 election to benefit and elect Trump

Wrong. They said Russia interfered. Period. So does this make Congress Russian trolls? I never got an answer.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2018 06:07 pm
@firefly,
How many more times are the Republicans going to let Trump backtrack on his policies and statements?
Quote:
“Stay as close to home as possible. Travel is time-consuming and, in my opinion, boring—especially compared with the fun I have doing deals in my office. I can never understand people who say that if they had a lot of money they would spend their time traveling. It’s just not my thing.” (Trump: Surviving at the Top, 1990)

“There’s no excuse for staying home; the world’s too fantastic to miss out on it. I wish I could travel more.” (Trump: Think Like a Billionaire, 2004)

“Well, I read a lot … and over my life, I’ve read so much.” (The Hugh Hewitt Show, February 25, 2015)

“I don’t read much. Mostly I read contracts, but usually my lawyers do most of the work. There are too many pages.” (Veja, February 2014)

How did Trump advance in the business world? Really.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2018 07:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
How did Trump advance in the business world? Really.

You think Trump lies all the time. Which one is the lie? And do you see the number of years involved here?

28 years is a long time and a lot of things can change, but Trump can't? Your intolerance is showing.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2018 08:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
If you don't like his opinion, wait 15 minutes and it will change.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2018 10:22 pm
@glitterbag,
I fully now understand why he had such a high turnover rate in his administration. https://nypost.com/2017/12/28/trump-administration-breaks-record-for-highest-turnover-rate/
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2018 10:34 pm
‘Sort of a Double Negative’

By Charles M. Blow
Opinion Columnist
July 18, 2018

It is an unfathomable proposition that the day would ever come when America could rightly question the loyalties of its own president, but that is precisely where we have arrived.

Donald Trump’s “Surrender Summit” with President Vladimir Putin of Russia was such a disloyal, traitorous display that it boggles the mind.

Russia attacked our election in 2016. Russia. Moscow did it to help get Trump elected. Putin himself admitted that “patriotic” Russian hackers may have meddled in the election. These are not open questions. These are facts.

And yet, Trump chose to meet with the man who directed those attacks. He did so one on one behind closed doors, so we have no idea what they discussed, confessed, agreed to or even conspired.

At the news conference that followed the meeting, Trump undercut our own intelligence community, instead siding with Putin, saying:

“I have President Putin. He just said it’s not Russia. I will say this. I don’t see any reason why it would be.”

After which Trump said, “So I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today.”

Then he said: “What he did is an incredible offer. He offered to have the people working on the case come and work with their investigators, with respect to the 12 people. I think that’s an incredible offer.”

That’s right, Trump thinks the criminal’s denial of the crime was “powerful” and thinks it’s an “incredible offer” that the criminal wants to help investigate the crime he committed.

Trump on Tuesday tried to backpedal one minor part of his comments, saying:

“In a key sentence in my remarks I said the word ‘would’ instead of ‘wouldn’t.’ The sentence should have been: ‘I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be Russia.’ Sort of a double negative.”

No, the negatives are that there is now an open question as to whether this president is compromised by or somehow loyal to the Russians, and that he has conditioned and cowed an entire American political party into not only supporting his behavior but defending it.

This is truly an American crisis moment.

Trump’s base of supporters has an undying loyalty to him because he has the same for them. He still has high approval among Republican voters because he has executed an unprecedented policy of defending only their concerns, which at their root are about racial insecurity and hostility, no matter how they try to dress it up.

Trump has no desire or intention to reach out to the rest of America or try to be the president of all of America. His mission is to lift this hostile minority over the horrified majority.

Trump’s supporters love this. Finally, someone is unapologetically fighting for white supremacy, white culture and white identity, for protectionism, xenophobia and Christian supremacy. No matter how much he lies, no matter how much he fumbles, no matter how much he betrays the greater America, Trump will remain the hero of white, Republican, racist America.

And, because these people were such a large portion of the Republican Party even before Trump emerged as their champion, traditional Republicans who at least talked the game of inclusion, of principles and of Christian, family values, are now tucking their tails to save their behinds.

Trump conducted himself as if he was hostage to Putin; Republican lawmakers conduct themselves as if they are hostage to Trump. Our country may well be hostage to it all.

That is a chilling thing to digest.

Maybe, barring calamity, this situation could exist for a while, until more Democrats are elected to Congress or until Trump is no longer president. But there is no safeguard against such a calamity. There is no way to fully judge our exposure and the danger we face because Trump has a thing for or with the Russians.

Trump likes to say that a country without borders is no longer a country. But a democracy in which the public ceases to have confidence that its elected leader is acting in the interest of his own country and not another is no longer a democracy.

That is the real question here: Is a Trump-led America still a democracy as we understand it? Is it still an independent country? Is he accountable to the American public or to a foreign republic?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/18/opinion/trump-putin-double-negative.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region&region=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2018 11:09 pm
http://api.theweek.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/1_janssen.jpg?itok=V1ZQ0RE9
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2018 09:27 am
@firefly,
New poll. 49 percent think trump is treasonous. 27 percent don't. This is beyond simple disgust. Castrate his power to act. Vote Traitor Trump 's toadies in the GOP out in Nov.