Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

firefly

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 01:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I just fixed the link, c.i.--give it another try.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2018/07/09/fox-news-lets-president-trump-lie-on-live-television-for-hours-and-hours/?utm_term=.7c5445ba743e
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 01:24 pm
@firefly,
It comes on for a few seconds, then it fades away. I"m not paying them .01c.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 01:33 pm
Trade War Could Turn Trump's Biggest Strength Into Weakness

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/trade-war-could-turn-trump-s-biggest-strength-weakness-n889656
coldjoint

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 01:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I refuse to pay them (WAPO) for access,

Propaganda is expensive, sure you don't want to help?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2018 02:03 pm
@firefly,
A trade war benefits no one. Free trade is necessary to ensure that competition remains in place. There may be some raw materials and infant industries that may require protectionism as we learned during and after WWII.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
glitterbag

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 12:32 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

http://static.thepeoplescube.com/images/various_uploads/Netflix_Obamas_One_Half_300.jpg

How lovely, have you always been a mysogyny obsessed racist? I guess men like you are outrageously glamorous gorgeous hunks of manhood. Bet you get a lot of yuks back at the senior center.
firefly

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 05:09 am
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/57/10/cb/5710cb01d9c727f443b8cfac449ddf22.jpg
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 08:58 am
@glitterbag,

Quote:
How lovely, have you always been a mysogyny obsessed racist?

Actually, I have never been. I do not fit any mold you use to discredit people, but that does not matter to you. Square pegs in round holes is what you are are all about.
firefly

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 09:12 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
I do not fit any mold you use to discredit people

Guess that makes you a bigotted misfit 😅🤣😆
coldjoint

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 09:14 am
@firefly,
Quote:
Guess that makes you a misfit bigot.

You guess wrong, but that is nothing new with you.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 09:32 am
@firefly,
And then some.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 09:48 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote cicerone:
Quote:
Can you cut and paste the article.
I can.

Fox News lets President Trump lie on live television, for hours and hours
by Erik Wemple July 9 at 1:56 PM

https://i.imgur.com/TH7japU.jpg?1
President Trump arrives at a rally in support of Rep. Kevin Cramer for Senate in Fargo, N.D., on June 27. (Kevin Lamarque/Reuters)

If you’ve tuned in to Fox News on the wrong night in recent weeks, you’ll see President Trump ad-libbing it before a crowd of approving red-hatters in some boisterous arena. It looks like some random night from the early months of the 2016 campaign — complete with the nonsensical and offensive remarks, the slams on the media and so on.

The debate about airing those rallies is pretty much the same, as well. “I am inside the machine looking out and wondering what the hell we’re all doing,” said Vox.com editor at large Ezra Klein in a chat with Brian Stelter on CNN’s “Reliable Sources.” “So I do want to ask the question. One, what are we crowding out when we give these — when we let him decide what we cover every time he does a rally, right? What are we crowding out? What would have happened in another administration?”

The answer to that last question, as always: something far more normal.

Data from Media Matters — a chief critic of Fox News — reflects an imbalance among the top-three cable-news outlets in live coverage of recent Trump rallies:

https://i.imgur.com/kyCjqDs.jpg?1

Those dollar-value numbers are based on live rally coverage from April 28 through July 5, with Fox News tallying nearly eight hours, MSNBC eight minutes and CNN zero. What an inversion from two years ago: CNN provided so much live coverage of Trump rallies during the presidential campaign that it took heat for tipping the scales in his favor. The prolific live coverage prompted a mea culpa from CNN Worldwide President Jeff Zucker. “If we made any mistake last year, it’s that we probably did put too many of his campaign rallies in those early months and let them run,” Zucker said at Harvard in fall 2016.

That lesson has quite clearly gotten through to CNN producers, who won’t dare touch these rallies live — though the network, obviously, covers stuff that happens at these gatherings. Fox News has its reasons for the live focus, which the network articulated to the Associated Press: “The president makes news whenever he speaks, and in this nonstop news cycle, there are constant headlines for President Trump to react to.” Before recent rallies, noted Fox News to the AP, Supreme Court Justice Anthony M. Kennedy announced his retirement, and the president reversed course on the separation of migrant families at the southern border. To broaden the argument, Fox News covers Trump rallies because Trump is the president; what he says matters, even and especially when it’s meandering and repetitious pablum.

For most presidents, such a rationale might just work. In the case of Trump, though, it collapses under the stress of mendacity. The Post’s Fact Checker has observed an intensification of false and misleading claims from the president. As Washington correspondent for the Toronto Star Daniel Dale wrote on June 26: “The frequency of U.S. President Donald Trump’s dishonesty had steadily accelerated since late last year. Then, last week, it skyrocketed.” After just one rally in North Dakota, three PolitiFact researchers spent 1,300 words reviewing eight dubious Trump statements. The New York Times counted 18 inaccurate claims from the Montana rally last week. According to The Post, Trump clocked in with 35 false or misleading claims at a May rally in Nashville.

Poppycock at such a volume is simply too much for live television. It’s impossible to refute all the lies and misstatements as they’re uttered, and no one will stay tuned as anchors and correspondents plow through all the refutations after the fact. For some reason or other though, these considerations don’t appear too troublesome for the prime-time lineup at Fox News.

Source
coldjoint

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 10:48 am
@Blickers,
Quote:
Data from Media Matters — a chief critic of Fox News

Let's see the Dems have all three networks and MSNBC, CNN, and MS13.
firefly

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 11:04 am
@coldjoint,
https://socialnewsdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/trump-supporters-are-stupid-3.jpg
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 11:15 am
@firefly,
It's very clear that Trump attracts the bigots, liars and the older white men without any education. Trump's declaration of a ban against all Muslims and calling Mexicans criminals and rapists makes it very clear that he is a bigot. His executive order to separate children from their parents at the border speaks volumes about his inhumanity. According to Politifact, Trump tells the truth only 5% of the time. Why would anyone support this bigot and liar unless you're one too! That he also attracts the educated class proves they are all bigots.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2018 11:34 am
@cicerone imposter,
Speaking of liar...
Lets look at each of those statements.
Quote:
It's very clear that Trump attracts the bigots, liars and the older white men without any education.

The voting demographic turnout for Trump didn't show any such thing,
In fact it was educated white women who put Trump over the top.

Quote:
Trump's declaration of a ban against all Muslims and calling Mexicans criminals and rapists makes it very clear that he is a bigot.

Trumps EO on the Immigration Ban was upheld by the SCOTUS... it doesn't ban all Muslims.
On the Mexicans crossing the border, he didn't say all of them, he said some of them. As for the lefts response, the left would have everyone think that there are no crimes committed by illegal immigrants and it's racist to even suggest such a thing...

Quote:
His executive order to separate children from their parents at the border speaks volumes about his inhumanity.

There was no EO to separate children and their parents, it was actually a law signed by Clinton and the SCOTUS ruled on the law and said that children and parents had to be separated when the parents were being held for violations of the law.

According to A2K, you tell the truth about the same amount of the time.