Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

Baldimo

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 09:54 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
but morons elected him anyways.

This is actually pretty funny. Are you of the same mind as Hillary that women's husbands, sons and boss's didn't allow them to vote for her?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:06 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
My opinion: The government needs to adjust the payroll taxes and/or increase the age of benefits.

This is a band-aid to an outdated system, it won't solve the problem. We live in a different world and economy then we did when SS was first put into play. 2033, that's in 15 years, you might be dead and gone, but I'll still be 5 years away from full SS. You are worried about you, I'm worried about me and my generation in 20 years and my kids by the year 2058... you solution does nothing but keep the money flowing until my parents generation has mostly died, they will both be 70 this year. We want a different system that is up-to-date with the current and future economy, not some archaic system my grandparents started funding for their parents generation during WWII. The system will be 100 years old when I get my crack at it, and it will be worthless, I'll have paid in my entire life and won't get half of what I paid. We will be the first generation, Gen X, to not benefit from something we spent our whole lives being promised.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 10:57 am
@Baldimo,
Yes, it will! By increasing taxes and extending the age of benefit will surely correct the problems. I can't help it if you don't have simple math skills.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 11:06 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Yes, it will! By increasing taxes and extending the age of benefit will surely correct the problems. I can't help it if you don't have simple math skills.

Simple math skills? What skills did you show, you showed you can repeat the same old crap, "increase taxes"! When a liberal program starts to fail, you think you can always save it by raising taxes. How about we move past an out dated system that doesn't fit our modern day economy. Just like pensions, SS is going to die due to a modern economy that is outpacing old promises.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 01:19 pm
This is Democratic presidential material?

Quote:
Cory Booker is a bigot. No other conclusion can be drawn from his appalling hounding of, and effort publicly to humiliate, Mike Pompeo for Pompeo’s fidelity to historic Christian teaching on sexual morality and marriage. By Booker’s ideological standard, no faithful Catholic, Orthodox Jew, Bible-believing Protestant, Qa’ran believing Muslim, or other individual who holds to traditional norms of sexual ethics should be permitted to serve in public office. We must not become accustomed to tolerating bigotry of the sort Booker has flagrantly put on display in this case. It needs to be called out and condemned by all reasonable people of goodwill.

https://godfatherpolitics.com/democrat-senators-argue-that-christians-cant-serve-in-government/
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 05:17 pm
@Baldimo,
Yes, increases taxes on social security and medicare. That's because when these programs were established in 1935, the longevity of Americans were much lower.
When Social Security was created in 1935 the average life expectancy was 61.9 years old. Today it is 77..?
I'm 82, and have been collecting social security since I was 63 years old. My current benefit is $1,456 per month. Also, I saved a bundle when I had kidney failure, and got treated at Kaiser Hospital in Santa Clara, CA. I used to need dialysis, but my kidney function returned enough so I no longer need it. That's been a blessing for me.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 05:41 pm
New worldwide solar projects leave fossil fuels in the dust
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/4/15/1755986/-New-worldwide-solar-projects-leave-fossil-fuels-in-the-dust?detail=emaildkre

The GOP are ruining our energy future.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 05:44 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
New worldwide solar projects leave fossil fuels in the dust

Like Solyndra? Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 07:41 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
Simple math skills? What skills did you show, you showed you can repeat the same old crap, "increase taxes"! When a liberal program starts to fail, you think you can always save it by raising taxes. How about we move past an out dated system that doesn't fit our modern day economy. Just like pensions, SS is going to die due to a modern economy that is outpacing old promises.

How is it outdated?

Since the program is based on taxing people and then using that money to pay other people, why won't raising taxes solve the problem?

I agree that taxes shouldn't be raised too high. But there is still a lot of room to raise taxes on the rich without causing them too much pain.

With the right tax increase just think of all the powerful weapons systems that we could equip our military with (and keep Social Security solvent at the same time).
glitterbag

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 08:09 pm
@oralloy,
Oh my gosh oralloy, now you are going to catch hell from the folks who think only others should pay tax.

However, I agree with you. (hope that doesn't cause you any trouble)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2018 08:17 pm
@TheCobbler,
As it should. Renewable energy like the use of the sun, wind and water are the future sources for the world.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 08:20 am

https://i.imgur.com/vzUIcmJ.jpg
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 09:02 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
How is it outdated?

It was setup up during a different time in our history, when there was only 2 ways to retire, save money or have a pension from an employer, and not many companies were offering those. If you worked a farm, which was a majority of the population until WWII, then it was only what you could save on you own. That isn't the case in 2018.

Quote:
Since the program is based on taxing people and then using that money to pay other people, why won't raising taxes solve the problem?

The program was based on taxing a great # of people to provide retirement for the few. When the program started, there were roughly 40 workers contributing 1 persons retirement. Now we are down below 3 workers per retiree, increasing taxes won't fix the problem and neither will adding more "workers" to the work force, because eventually those people will work long enough to retire on SS as well.
https://www.mercatus.org/publication/how-many-workers-support-one-social-security-retiree

Quote:
I agree that taxes shouldn't be raised too high. But there is still a lot of room to raise taxes on the rich without causing them too much pain.

Pfft. I'm sorry, but I don't think the rich and their pocket books should be used for every cause the masses think is necessary. I don't want to use them to prop up a broken system, I want to see the system changed to fit our modern economy, stocks, IRA's 401k's and the other types of retirement accounts. If it's good enough for the wealthy, why isn't it good enough for us, it's a 2 tiered system and the die hard SS supporters are leaving millions trapped in the lower tier of govt assistance.

Quote:
With the right tax increase just think of all the powerful weapons systems that we could equip our military with (and keep Social Security solvent at the same time).

There is no such thing as the "right tax increase", it's a plague on our society. Just this morning I heard that Denver is looking to increase the taxes on pot. It's already 25% and they want an increase so they can invest in low cost housing in the Denver area. What??? They have already broken and destroyed the original taxing and spending purpose of the legalization law, and even changed parts of tabor for their special projects. I didn't take you as a tax and spend thief like the rest of them here on A2K.

We need a new meaning to "Taxation without representation".
oralloy

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 04:04 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
It was setup up during a different time in our history, when there was only 2 ways to retire, save money or have a pension from an employer, and not many companies were offering those. If you worked a farm, which was a majority of the population until WWII, then it was only what you could save on you own. That isn't the case in 2018.

Is there another way to retire beyond saving on your own, pensions, and Social Security today? To my knowledge those are still the only ways to retire with an income.

Baldimo wrote:
The program was based on taxing a great # of people to provide retirement for the few. When the program started, there were roughly 40 workers contributing 1 persons retirement. Now we are down below 3 workers per retiree, increasing taxes won't fix the problem and neither will adding more "workers" to the work force, because eventually those people will work long enough to retire on SS as well.

Since the problem is lack of money flowing into the program, why won't increasing taxes on the rich solve the problem?

Baldimo wrote:
Pfft. I'm sorry, but I don't think the rich and their pocket books should be used for every cause the masses think is necessary.

Well, their wealth isn't limitless. But I'm sure a federal tax bracket of 50% on all income over $250,000 a year is doable.

Baldimo wrote:
I don't want to use them to prop up a broken system, I want to see the system changed to fit our modern economy, stocks, IRA's 401k's and the other types of retirement accounts.

What happens to the people whose stock investments don't pan out?

Baldimo wrote:
If it's good enough for the wealthy, why isn't it good enough for us,

Because if our stock picks don't pan out, we don't have other money to fall back on.

Baldimo wrote:
There is no such thing as the "right tax increase", it's a plague on our society.

People who make over $250,000 a year could afford a 50% federal tax on their income over $250,000.

Baldimo wrote:
Just this morning I heard that Denver is looking to increase the taxes on pot. It's already 25% and they want an increase so they can invest in low cost housing in the Denver area. What??? They have already broken and destroyed the original taxing and spending purpose of the legalization law, and even changed parts of tabor for their special projects.

It would probably be better if they aimed that tax at higher income brackets.

Baldimo wrote:
I didn't take you as a tax and spend thief like the rest of them here on A2K.

High taxes on the wealthy can give us a strong social safety net and a strong military.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 06:04 pm
@oralloy,
Owning rental property is another method to earn money in retirement. I sold my rental property when I retired, because I really wanted to retire, and not worry about tenants, repairs and maintenance, and taxes. Depending on location, rental property can pay off handsomely.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 06:39 pm
https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/30740515_10156418338958189_711258708910276608_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=8c84bfb0cd4089181dece9ac539f0b48&oe=5B6BB325
coldjoint

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 06:43 pm
@TheCobbler,
The minorities and immigrants are the people that are the victims of progressives.

The media and the Deep State are globalists.

And enough non Christians and liberals voted for Trump in the last election. Next.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 08:44 pm
Barbara Bush: "I don’t know how women can vote for Donald Trump."
https://www.cbsnews.com/video/barbara-bush-i-dont-know-how-women-can-vote-for-donald-trump/
coldjoint

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 08:47 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
Barbara Bush:

Give her a break out of respect. Find a dictionary and look it up. Ghoulish.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 09:05 pm
Military Refuses to Participate in Trump’s Parade, Citing Bone Spurs
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/military-refuses-to-participate-in-trumps-parade-citing-bone-spurs
0 Replies