Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

Baldimo

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2016 03:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Well apparently you didn't because snopes says Unproven... how does that make it true.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2016 03:13 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
The 300,000 figure originated with a court's estimate of how many voters were potentially impacted by a voter ID law

They're just the best estimates available.

Quote:
es·ti·mate
VERB
roughly calculate or judge the value, number, quantity, or extent of:
"the aim is to estimate the effects of macroeconomic policy on the economy" · [more]

NOUN
an approximate calculation or judgment of the value, number, quantity, or extent of something:

"at a rough estimate, our staff is recycling a quarter of the paper used"
Powered by Oxford Dictionaries

Show me how the court's estimates are "unproven?"
Baldimo

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2016 03:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
From 2014, did you really read the article?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2016 03:19 pm
@Baldimo,
The year doesn't matter. It's only a court's estimate.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2016 03:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Sure it matters, it states in the article that a bunch of the laws were changed or disguarded for various reasons, so 2 years later those estimates no longer hold water. 2014 estimates are the matter at hand in 2016 when the laws have changed... You have no point.

Every response you make proves you didn't bother to read the article.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2016 10:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Makes you wonder if we live in the US or Russia.

Were getting closer and closer to Russian government as the conservative media convinces the voters that conservatives are for the people.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2016 02:31 am
@TheCobbler,
Boy, you guys really did a hell of a job of turning the ballot box against Republicans this time out, didn´t you?
RABEL222

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2017 07:48 pm
@gungasnake,
I have much hope for the future after 4 years of tRump and a conservative congress, if that is there is still a U S of A after 4 years.
Below viewing threshold (view)
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2017 08:35 pm
@gungasnake,
Obunga has a 56% approval rating. Get your head out of your arse.
There's a reason the American voters elected him twice as our president.

You're too bigoted and blind to understand facts.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2017 08:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Factcheck.org:
“In February, Trump said he ‘heard’ the unemployment rate was really 42 percent, and vowed to be ‘the greatest jobs president that God ever created.’ At the time, the official unemployment rate was 4.9 percent, and it has since dropped to 4.6 percent the lowest in more than nine years. Trump’s inflated figure includes millions of people 16 years and older who are not in the labor force and don’t want to work — including retirees, high school and college students, and stay-at-home parents.”

This same guy saw thousands cheering as the twin towers came tumbling down. He's the only one who saw those crowds cheering.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/11/22/457012242/trump-doubles-down-on-claim-he-saw-thousands-cheer-on-9-11
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2017 09:13 pm
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 05:30 pm
@gungasnake,
Not sure what is so entertaining about watching good ETHICAL people cry. One needs to be a heartless piece of **** to enjoy this. And who will have the last laugh? Time will tell...

Veterans losing healthcare
20 million losing the affordable care act
more guns = more school shootings
Social security and Medicare on the chopping block
Forget about raising the minimum wage.
Religious and racial intolerance on the rise
Tax the poor feed the rich

Go ahead, laugh!
Baldimo

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 06:13 pm
@TheCobbler,
Veterans losing healthcare- Slogan with no proof. How many died waiting for VA care under Obama? The VA is another one of those scandals that never happened.

20 million losing the affordable care act- No one will lose anything. The millions more who saw no benefit from the ACA but higher costs are going to be thankful for just about any change that comes down the line.

more guns = more school shooting- Only in your paranoid anti-gun dreams. Record # of shootings in Chicago this year?

Social security and Medicare on the chopping block- More propaganda. Any changes made would only effect those of us who are under 50. If you are getting it, it won't change.

Forget about raising the minimum wage- This shouldn't be done at the federal level anyways, leave it to the states. CO just voted to increase min wage, so your argument is invalid and more propaganda.

Religious and racial intolerance on the rise- You are a fear monger. Nothing more and nothing less.

Tax the poor feed the rich- Since there are over 170 federal, state and local social service programs across the US, I don't think the "poor" are going to be in trouble. They might have to get a job and work, but they will be ok.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 06:26 pm
@TheCobbler,
I don't understand those masochists who wants to destroy social security, Medicare, and don't want higher wages.
I'm retired and living comfortably, but I don't understand why some people want to do away with social security and Medicare.
Most Americans don't have enough savings to survive in retirement. Why are they so hell bent on cutting their own throats?
Baldimo

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 06:28 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
Religious and racial intolerance on the rise

You mean these sort of racial attacks?
http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/crime/227116738-story
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 06:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I'll see if I can explain it to you. Social security will be lucky to be around when I'm able to collect in just over 20 years. The ratio of people collecting vs people paying into the system is not sustainable at it's current levels. The system has to change, it was created over 60 years ago and doesn't fit the needs of today's retirement plan or the needs of those 20 years from now.

Medicare- Changing something isn't destroying it. Isn't that the progressive mantra?

Higher wages should be handled at the state level and should also be handeled between the employee and employer. If they can't come to an agreement there is always another job and someone who will. Unless you work in some specialized job, there is always another employer. This also makes it so the employee has to continue to show value. In my line of work it's keeping up to date on the current tech in the server/storage industry. VMware releases a new version of their software, I need to learn it or I'll be left behind.

Quote:
Most Americans don't have enough savings to survive in retirement. Why are they so hell bent on cutting their own throats?

Why is that? Govt regulations got ya down? When you tax the worker to pay for the non-worker, you are going to have less money. What's the answer to any question? More govt programs, which cost more money, which leaves less money in my/American pay checks, which leads to less money in our savings account or retirement account.

We aren't cutting our own throats, the govt is doing it for us. Let me keep more of my own money and I will worry about my retirement.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 06:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Brainwashed by Koch brothers and Fox.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 06:46 pm
@RABEL222,
CI has also proven another fact for me. When it comes to elections and old people, the only reason the DNC court old people is because of their vote on SS, they don't care about any of their other problems, it only revolves around SS. The DNC uses old people just as they use racial minorities.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 06:57 pm
@Baldimo,
It helps to have lived long enough to recognize bullshyt when it appears. Unfortunately 12 year old mentalities don't have that advantage. They believe their heros. We older folk understand people who declare themselves heros are really con men. A sucker born every minute.