Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

snood

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2016 11:26 am
@Blickers,
Well if what you say is true - that the moderate republicans could've been worked with, but they got kicked out by the Tea bagging Duck Dynasty wing of the party, then where were they for the 8 years? Were they working to form compromises with the president, or were they voting with the Teabaggers every time it counted to obstruct?
Baldimo

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2016 12:47 pm
@TheCobbler,
Carly is not even close to Clinton in political beliefs, why would she endorse her. She would be better off endorsing Gary Johnson instead of Hillary. Do you think because she has lady parts she should endorse Clinton? Identity politics at it's worst.
Blickers

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2016 12:55 pm
@Baldimo,
Because if Carly Fiorina is so aghast at Trump, as she says she is, then the only realistic way to stop him is to get people to vote for Hillary. Realistically, Hillary and Trump are going to get the most and the second most amount of votes. If you want to stop one, you've got to vote for the other.
Blickers

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2016 01:21 pm
@snood,
Well, for one thing there the moderate Republicans were in 2011, ready to vote to raise the debt limit without requiring cuts in the budget, because they knew that if midnight came and the US didn't have money to cover the debt payment the US economy goes down the tubes followed swiftly by the economy of the rest of the world. They went on TV and publicly called for the Tea Party to give in. There were other instances. I'm not saying I agree with the moderate Republicans, I'm only saying that they can be worked with while the Tea Party cannot be. But largely, the moderates have been pushed out of the Republican Party.

Incidentally, in that debt limit showdown, the leader of the insane no compromise Republicans was Eric Cantor, while Boehner was favoring the moderates somewhat. A couple of years later, Cantor himself was pushed out of his office because Cantor was not perceived as die-hard conservative enough. The die-hard Tea Partier of a couple of years previous became characterized as a wishy-washy moderate as the Republican Party moved farther right, then farther right, then even more right at an accelerating pace.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2016 02:54 pm
@Blickers,
There will be many who will hold their noses when they vote. I wonder how often this kind of scenario happens in our country?
farmerman

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2016 03:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I wont be. The USSC decision in Shelby Co. v Holder had struck down the core of the 1965 Voters Right Act , because , according to Roberts." Were in a post racial time where that section (5) is no longer even needed"

Yet, immediately upon the USSC actions, several southern states passed strict voter descrimination laws and local ordinances that squeezed through loopholes of the USSC decision and restored voter descrimination primarily on minorities and in some cases , women. The State Supreme Courts then shot those laws down as being Unconstitutional and racially motivated.
The USSC must either
A. remain deadlocked in this case which will guarantee 4 to 4 split (or as Kennedy reconsidered after he saw what was happening in the severql states that used the loopholes to pass descriminatory laws--he stated that under certain circumstances reconsideration may be in order if conrary evidence to the intent of the USSC decision is obvious"

or

B. Make sure Trump IS NOT elected so the USSC can switch back to a true post racial structure.

I could not figure out where Thomas head is on this?

maybe Joe from... can shed some scholarly light on it

0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2016 03:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
There will be many who will hold their noses when they vote. I wonder how often this kind of scenario happens in our country?

Obviously it happens every single election CI. Every. Single. One.

Not one candidate in the history of the world has received universal support. There are always and will forever be people how hold their noses and vote for the lesser of two evils.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2016 03:30 pm
@maporsche,
I didn't mean political differences. I mean the individuals who run to seek the presidency of this country.
As an independent, I have voted for the individual who best met my ideals. I voted without having to hold my nose when I voted.
I voted for Obama the last two elections. I did it with great confidence of my choice.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2016 07:34 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:

Obviously it happens every single election CI. Every. Single. One.

Not one candidate in the history of the world has received universal support. There are always and will forever be people how hold their noses and vote for the lesser of two evils.

Don't you think a lot of Bernie voters thought he was above all that - purer, somehow - definitely in no way "evil"?
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2016 10:46 pm
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/0640ceb5880d774e435117d57ae2d4ed8e7abe5c285b90c6de534ba4bc5285e7.jpg?w=600&h=524
Baldimo

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 09:46 am
@Blickers,
Haha, scandal free. Drunk Drunk Laughing Laughing
snood

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 10:04 am
@Baldimo,
What scandals do you attribute to Obama?
TheCobbler

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 05:27 pm
NRA: “We Highly Recommend” Racist Newsletter That Frequently Defended Slavery
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/08/04/nra-we-highly-recommend-racist-newsletter-frequently-defended-slavery/212184

Nope, this is no "parody"....
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 05:28 pm
@Baldimo,
Being black, huge scandal... (cynical)

Same thing with being a woman, scandalous! (cynical again)
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 05:58 pm
@snood,
Yes Snood true, with the many defections from the GOP there is still the question of authenticity.

Their past voting record should be considered when the issue of trust is raised.

Sitting there not clapping once while the president delivered his State Of The Union Speech is also quite the litmus test. Where was their patriotism then?

We will take their votes for Hillary but we still want them out! (Just my opinion.)
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 06:02 pm
@TheCobbler,
They're not fooling anyone. We'll have to see what happens during the next election to find out if their money is where their mouth is. That's when we'll know.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 06:48 pm
Fox News gets schooled
It doesn't get any better than this.
https://www.facebook.com/dailykos/videos/vb.43179984254/10154217753429255/?type=2&theater

0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 07:40 pm
This Video of Hillary Clinton Answering 40 Years of Sexist Questions Is Infuriating
http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2016/08/hillary-sexism-questions-40-years-video
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 07:45 pm
Whoopi Goldberg Goes After Ben Carson's Trump Support
https://www.facebook.com/NowThisElection/videos/vb.908009612563863/1135347823163373/?type=2&theater
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 08:03 pm
Trump Shattered As Legal Request Made For Melania Trump’s Immigration Records
http://www.politicususa.com/2016/08/04/trump-shattered-legal-request-melania-trumps-immigration-records.html

Mexico smuggled her in over the border. lol Smile
0 Replies