Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

Suttle Tea

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 08:01 am
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13692593_1235918533096676_1265345241824872275_n.jpg?oh=884fddc8420577db8b2668d350588d85&oe=582544E2
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 08:05 am
@ehBeth,
it´s not really about the existence of blonde latinos but the fact that they are supporting somebody that wants all the immigrants to be thrown out of the country.... whether they are blonde or not... they are plainly plain idiots
Brand X

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 08:12 am
@momoends,
And now the HRC campaign is boasting about having a VP that can speak Spanish instead of an actual Hispanic. Where is the virtue in that? GWB spoke Spanish too.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 08:24 am
@TheCobbler,
I'm not asking you to empathize with me.

I'm suggesting you think about what you post. You seem to be reflexively grabbing stuff from FB.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 08:26 am
@momoends,
My comment was specifically about what one person posted here. It was not about the RNC.
momoends

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 09:06 am
@ehBeth,
you are right... i replied to your post following that particular conversation and looked like i was criticizing what you said. I do apologize.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 03:04 pm
@ehBeth,
I won't make the mistake of empathizing with you again.

Well I think you are wrong. lol

Hispanic Chamber Of Commerce Trolls Donald Trump By Endorsing Hillary Clinton At GOP Convention
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hispanic-chamber-of-commerce-endorses-hillary-clinton_us_578ec883e4b04ca54ebf6f0b

Blond haird blue-eyed Hispanics for Turnip!
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 06:11 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote ehBeth:
Quote:
There are enough blonde/blue-eyed Spaniards and Portuguese people to make those memes ridiculous. From my perspective, I'd call it a type of racism. Much like georgeob's slags about Elizabeth Warren's heritage.
Yes, there are some blond haired, blue eyed Hispanics. But let's take a look at the pics. Here is a supposedly Hispanic crowd at the Republican National Convention:
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13700149_10209600711113169_1876509269063022308_n.jpg?oh=3f0b46cc64afaed85996660e38e53e43&oe=58203519

And here is the parade at New York's Hispanic Day Parade in 2014.
http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah279/LeviStubbs/Hispanic%20Day%20Parade%20in%20NYC%202014_zpsrribdop4.jpg
Yes, the woman in the front left has blonde hair. But look at all the other people in the parade and their different colors and shades. That's what a Hispanic crowd looks like, in my experience-varied in color quite a bit. The crowd at the Republican Convention is clearly a non Hispanic crowd that is just holding signs.

0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 02:17 am
Yes there are blond haired, blue eyed people living south of the United States but ALL of them have old world roots. DNA has proven this without any doubt.

It is just unknown when these old world genes were introduced.

Some speculate "probably correctly" that it was the Phoenicians or Carthaginians who came before Columbus, though this is heavily disputed, especially in South America.

If it was not pre Columbus then it was post Columbus, either way no geneticist disputes these are European genes.

Argentina has a large white population attributed to post world war two Germans immigrating there. Once again the fair haired/skinned gene is not indigenous to South America.

As for northern Italy, northern Spain and northern France etc.

This is because northern Europeans mingled along the borders of these countries while in the south Moors, Arabs and black Africans mingled with the southern borders of these countries. Also over tens of thousands of years dark skinned people in northern climates die out due to vitamin D deficiency.

So yes, there are definitely blond haired blue-eyed Mexicans... of European descent.

I have a very good friend who is black skinned and blue eyed and his hair is near to blond. No mystery here, one of his parents was white. He calls himself half-black.

So are we to infer by all of this that it is ONLY the white Mexicans (of European descent) who support Trump? Quite the coincidence!

And what is all this about "racial profiling" of Mexicans in Arizona?
If they were all so "white" as, ehBeth implies, there would be nothing to "profile"...

They would be indistinguishable from whites, sort of like Trumps convention fakers.

Only the light skinned Mexicans support Trump??? That is more racist of an idea than all people south of the US are brown...

Dark skinned Mexicans would not relate to Trump because it is surely the dark skinned Mexicans that Trump has offended. Otherwise it would not be called racism it would be called nationalism.

I don't blame them for hating the Turnip.

As for Blacks, maybe it is because Trump called them "lazy and only good for sex" that you don't see Black's for Trump signs, impersonating a black person is a bit harder to pull off...

Who is racist here? Who has the trust issues?
momoends

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 02:51 am
@TheCobbler,
WHHAAAAAATTT???!!! he said that??!!!!
izzythepush

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 04:05 am
@Brand X,
Brand X wrote:
GWB spoke Spanish too.

No, his English was so bad people just assumed he was speaking Spanish.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 05:20 am
@momoends,
Yes Trump said that about blacks.

0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 09:17 am
@TheCobbler,
The Old World genes were introduced, by and large, during the Columbian Exchange, not during the times of the Phoenicians or Carthaginians.

"Hispanic" and "Latino" refer to ethnicities, not race. It also doesn't refer to indigenous populations exclusively. Most of the populations in Latin America are of mixed race.

You're right about racial profiling in that those profiled tend to be Latinos with darker skin, but what really distinguishes racial profiling are the cultural cues, e.g. clothing, dialects, behavior, etc., that the racial profilers use to distinguish between illegal immigrants and citizens. It isn't just skin color.

There are dark skinned Mexicans and other Latin Americans that do support Trump precisely because of their animosity towards illegal immigrants. They tend to be generations removed from their immigrating ancestors, many have ties to the military and law enforcement, and identify more with conservative American ideas than with liberal ones. The color of their skin is irrelevant to their political ideology.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 12:33 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Did you miss the last part of my post? You pasted into yours...
Quote:
but if he did it, then it's a load of crap. He's no vet either.

Trump is no vet and neither is Hillary. So what's next?
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 12:43 pm
@InfraBlue,
Thanks for your great post IfraBlue

For the second time here it has been pointed out that Latinos and Hispanics are not a race. Neither are Mexicans and people say that Mexico has many races living within its country and the word Mexico is a name given to the country by the Spanish.

But just like it is not right to refer to Blacks as "colored people" now we (President Obama just the other day) call them "people of color" because not all people of color are Black.

I am not confused, it is the terminology that is confused.

True not all Latinos are people of color. Generally when I speak of European Spanish speaking people I call them Latins not Latinos.

Latinos also may include the people of the Caribbean including Puerto Rico. Latinos also refer to many US citizens.

Are they Latinos a race? Well I got news for you. Everyone is a race even if your racial origin or terminology is unknown. When I hear the words Hispanic and Latinos I certainly do not think of Russians but Russia has a lot of Spanish speaking people within their borders too.

For a while in the sixties and seventies there was not a single term to call a Black person that was not offensive to them. I don't blame them considering the offensive names they have been a called. There comes a point when trying to figure out various subtle racial difference becomes a game card played by racists.

Call someone "oriental" these days and you can get yourself beat up for it.

Caucasians has the word Asian in it. Are white people Asians? Do we all come from the caucus mountains? I didn't...
Just as many Blacks are not African but they are American.

Do the words Latinos and Hispanic have no meaning at all?

They are used to refer to people who either speak a form of Latin (sometimes Portuguese) or the Spanish language as it relates to our hemisphere.

Some of those people who speak a Latin derivative or Spanish are white.

But most people who speak them in our hemisphere identify with the indigenous people the Americas.

The term American Indians is out because some are offended but Native American is now in. Oh but wait! Aztec related people and Peruvians are also native Americas too.

Before people go correcting other people on how the refer to certain subsets of race consider that sometimes it does not matter what term you use you will be offending someone regardless.

I am half Norwegian am I an American Norwegian. Norwegian American or just an American?

I am one quarter Slovakian and one quarter English. Does this make me not Norwegian? I have a flat forehead so does this make me a square head?

Should I be offended by that term?

Yes most of Spain is white since they murdered and drove out the Spanish speaking Moors.

What race is Spain?

Some terms are definitely offensive or have become offensive.

The N word means a person who was indigenous to the country of Nigeria. Not all Blacks are from Nigeria.

Though I find the N term offensive because it is used to offend or to constantly remind people of the offence of slavery. The scourge of slavery should not be forgotten.

Racial terms are constantly evolving and the trick is to use the term that is en vogue at the time.

The idea one conjures up when the term Latinos or Hispanics is used is a dark skinned, dark haired, brown eyed person who identifies with the Americas namely the southern Americas. Though you identify with that group of people you may have Spanish heritage rather than native heritage.

Most of us were born here in the US but it is apparently wrong to refer to ourselves as natives.

It seems most of this is politically motivated.

Race is such a hot button topic that even the mere mention of any race stereotype is treated with distain.

I am certainly not Latino, my Spanish is terrible and I do not fit most of the loosely arranged criterion.

Yes most of the Latinos are dark skinned and from southern parts of the US and yes many can attribute their heritage to Spain.

Do you call someone a Jew or a Hebrew when they have less Hebrew speaking skill than the average non Jew and are non religions?

Trying to discuss race is like asking the sky to please fall on you.
snood

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 01:52 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
For a while in the sixties and seventies there was not a single term to call a Black person that was not offensive to them.

I only had an issue with "nigger' or "colored". I was fine with African American, Black, or Afro American. I was even ok with Negro until the activism of the late 60s. I guess you had knowledge of much more sensitive people.

Quote:
Trying to discuss race is like asking the sky to please fall on you.

For someone who feels that way, you sure have a lot to say ab0ut race.
TheCobbler

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 02:27 pm
@snood,
Would you rather I ignore the hateful racism of Donald Trump like a lot of other white folks are doing?

I would rather let the sky fall on me than not be able to appreciate the various ethnicities in the US in an open, loving and inclusive manner.

I certainly can't speak for black African Americans and I don't blame them for being offended by white people's labels.

Other ethnicities are offended by labels too, I don like being called "Whitie".

Not sure why but it seems offensive.

Smile
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 03:27 pm
Watch the DNC live!
https://www.demconvention.com/live/
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 05:45 am
http://i.imgur.com/on0jf7l.png
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 10:56 am
@bobsal u1553115,
They're the Do Noting Party, and they complain about themselves as the majority.
Stupid 101.
0 Replies