Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2022 04:29 pm
@bobsal u1553115,

yeah, type it in.

you can go as big as 960 without activating the scroll bar...
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2022 04:35 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Sad fact: I can't figure out my "smart" phone. Had it for three years. I've taken 7 or 8 photos, made maybe five calls, received two and messaged my son maybe 10 or 20 times, and a friend maybe 8 or 10 times.

I use it mainly for reading. My big pleasure is noticing how terrible the grammar is and how ESL a lot of it seems, and how many wrong words and forms of words are used.

It may be that oralloy may have given just given me the first hint that I can about understand.
oralloy

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2022 04:52 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
How do you get to "[img width=800]"? Just type it in???

You should already have this:
Code:[img]xxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/img]
Because that is how you post a full-sized picture.

You just take that first part:
Code:[img]

And you manually type in width=800 so that it looks like this:
Code:[img width=800]
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2022 04:54 pm
@bobsal u1553115,

anything i have trouble remembering goes on a post-it near my monitor...
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2022 06:30 pm
@Region Philbis,
Thanks. That was easy.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2022 06:37 pm
@oralloy,
Thank you and thanks to Region. I truly appreciate the fact the first thing that anyone told me that I could figure out was your post and Region's post.

Thanks again.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2022 06:41 pm
@Region Philbis,
To do that would require me remembering the post-its.

I'm beginning to enter the unrecoverable zone.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2022 06:59 pm
@bobsal u1553115,

work monitor... there is a method to my madness...

https://iili.io/y061KN.jpg

Quote:
I'm beginning to enter the unrecoverable zone.
don't give up!
jcboy

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2022 07:19 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Well if you ever need help PM me the photo and I’ll resize it and send it back to you.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2022 05:34 am
@jcboy,
You were one of my back-up options.

Between Oralloy and Region, I finally get it. Thanks!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2022 05:36 am
@Region Philbis,
I never give up, I adjust my bluster.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2022 07:18 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Oralloy, usually I hate it when you treat me like I am a ding bat. But this is the one time I want you to.

How do you get to "[img width=800]"? Just type it in???

The way I finally learned to do it was to go to a post that had been corrected (like my post 7,279,033 correcting yours on the preceding page)...and hitting quote.

All you have to do is look at what has been done to the opening [img...and that tells you how to do it.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2022 07:20 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Sad fact: I can't figure out my "smart" phone. Had it for three years. I've taken 7 or 8 photos, made maybe five calls, received two and messaged my son maybe 10 or 20 times, and a friend maybe 8 or 10 times.

I use it mainly for reading. My big pleasure is noticing how terrible the grammar is and how ESL a lot of it seems, and how many wrong words and forms of words are used.

It may be that oralloy may have given just given me the first hint that I can about understand.

Good for Oralloy. Better late than never.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2022 09:11 am
Quote:
Good for Oralloy. Better late than never.

He seems to moderated his speech. People gave always seem to give me another chance. I think maybe I owe him another chance.

The others? I don't know what sort of charge they get from being purposely rude, there's no redeeming glimmer in them.

Once again, I want to let you know how much I appreciate your friendship of over 20 years and three sites. Glitterbag and you are my longest running friendships on-line. You have no idea how valuable to my sanity on a2k that fact is.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2022 09:14 am
@bobsal u1553115,
He's still calling anyone who calls for gun control evil, so he's not toned it down that much.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2022 09:30 am
@Frank Apisa,
I do not know, being dyslexic is part of it - but I do not remember anything I read or was told by at least 5 very nice people here that was that simple.

But I get it all now. I figured out youtube by opening BCC coded posts. But for some reason I never saw the sizing code when I opened those. On some of the images I posted, there was a bit of dpi coding I could change; sometimes, and sometimes not.

It all makes sense now, I am grateful for all the 2nd chances I got.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2022 09:49 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
He's still calling anyone who calls for gun control evil, so he's not toned it down that much.

It depends on the gun control in question. Is the only point of that gun control to violate people's civil liberties? Or is it something that would actually be useful in saving lives?

Violating people's civil liberties for no reason (no reason other than the fact that the perpetrator thinks it's fun) is an evil act.

When people do evil, they should be criticized for it.
oralloy

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2022 09:50 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
He seems to moderated his speech.

I've only ever been aggressive in self defense when I am being personally attacked.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2022 10:03 am
@oralloy,
Gun control doesn't violate people's lawful behaviour.

After Dunblane there was a public outcry for it, and the measures implemented didn't go as far as most people wanted.

We still protest, and demonstrate and have democratic elections, with no school shootings.

The Nazis used lack gun control to arm their far right militia.

If Germany had had sensible gun control it would have made Hitler's rise a lot harder.

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2022 10:05 am
@izzythepush,
Speech is what I'm noting. 3/4s of his politics I totally disagree with, some of it appallingly dismal. I down-vote the ones that are over the top. Of the other quarter. I vote up if a good point (usually one I agree with). Since he's been back, he has modified tone.

No one here, especially me, is either all good or all bad. The only ones' who get close are Jespah, Region, Glitter, Frank, Walter, Engineer, Farmerman, Neptune,Revelette, rebel, mame, coluber, JC boy and some others whose names escape this damaged brain of mine. I'm not on the list.

You and I do the dirty work. We try to voluntarily 'police' in a system where the policing in place is so subtle, where freedom of speech has an invisible line somewhere short of absolute (a GOOD thing), but with no standard in place to list the line and no sunlight on who and how the system of enforcement exists (not a good thing).

Part of it is because there was no commercial intent by the founder, part of it is how few of a group we all are, and part of it is entropy as the originators are becoming fewer.

You and I are members of a small group: "good others". It's guaranteed that we will get trouble.