Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 07:34 pm
@izzythepush,
I am neutral about the British royal family, they are royalty mostly in name only. I do not take sides on most of their family squabbles other than siding with the one whose liberal policies I hold in regard

They mostly provide humanitarian work and they seem to be in line with most human rights issues.

They seem powerless for the most part and I don't see them selling missiles to Hamas...

I am fine with them.
TheCobbler

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 07:58 pm
@oralloy,
Republicans do not defend the second amendment, they weaken it while pretending to defend it with accepting bribes from gun manufacturers who should be held responsible for whom they sell their guns to.

Gun manufacturers should at least be held responsible as auto manufacturers are with licensing to drive, age limits on who can drive and people whose driving histories are part of public record and subject to regulation.

Owning a gun is a privilege, not a right.
oralloy

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 08:15 pm
@TheCobbler,
That is incorrect. Republicans have repeatedly prevented progressives from violating the Second Amendment.

The American people have the right to have guns. Gun manufacturers are required to sell to everyone who can pass a background check.

Auto manufacturers have no such responsibilities. The government is in charge of such things.

Free people have had the right to keep and bear arms for some 2600 years now.
oralloy

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 08:16 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
I did not agree with Obama propping up rebel forces in Syria which you took the opportunity to dump on me about that too! Again you were on the wrong side.

No. Opposition to genocide is never wrong.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 08:54 pm
@oralloy,
Republicans get rich standing in the way of sensible gun reform. This has weakened the second amendment and it is only a matter of time when certain guns get banned due to the lack of regulation. This is all so republicans can protect the free money they get from gun lobbies. Money to them is power, no matter what gets thrown under the bus. They are using the gun issue to get rich.

This is so obvious on the surface that I don't believe even you care about gun rights... It seems evident you only care that the republicans use the issue to gain power.

A strong second amendment is what gets corrupted. Why? Because republicans believe in guns for responsible adults? No, because they want the money from these unfettered sales. When they have shown no moral compass on much more significant issues, what makes you think they care that middle class people have guns? They want only the money, no matter who or what gets hurt.

They don't care about guns, just like they don't care about women and their babies, healthcare or the middle class having a living wage and many other ethical concerns. They believe in gun rights but not net neutrality?

They don't care about anything but stealing money and they will lie, cheat and even commit sedition to get more of it.

Free people have the right to life without being shot by some lunatic crazy who got their gun and hundreds of rounds of ammunition on Ebay.

You are deluded to think republicans care about you having a gun but they don't care about you having healthcare. They can't get rich fast enough pretending to care about healthcare. Can't you see the huge contradiction in that? They are getting rich selling weapons to crazies, just like Putin and others. If they don't care who gets hurt by the guns, what makes you think they care about your gun rights? To insinuate they do care is preposterous in light of other revelations concerning their social policies!

If you are smart you should be able to reason that one over. I am not holding my breath on that one.

Having responsible gun owners strengthens the right to bear arms.

Life and liberty are rights that supersede some people's right to own a gun.

Crazies with guns make the republicans rich but weaken the argument that gun ownership is a right.

And they don't care if they weaken the right to responsibly own guns as long as they get rich.

Can you really, honestly say you support that kind of corruption?
oralloy

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 01:56 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
Republicans get rich standing in the way of sensible gun reform.

The term "sensible gun reform" is so vague as to be meaningless. What is sensible gun reform?

TheCobbler wrote:
and it is only a matter of time when certain guns get banned due to the lack of regulation.

Again this is so vague as to be meaningless. Which guns are not being regulated and might get banned?

TheCobbler wrote:
Life and liberty are rights that supersede some people's right to own a gun.

Which people are these?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 03:26 am
@TheCobbler,
Even the ones who supported Hitler?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 03:27 am
@TheCobbler,
I think Putin is a red herring.

Stop looking to blame him for everything.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 03:31 am
@TheCobbler,
All over the place, you disagreed with Obama supporting the free Syrians who were fighting Assad, who Putin armed, and gave military help in the form of Russian mercenaries.

When did Putin stop being the good guy?

Unlike you, I never supported him.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 09:03 am
@izzythepush,
Just like England underestimated Hitler until he was at their gates.

And it was my father and grandfather who had to line their US tankers up in a convoy and get shot down by German U-Boats to supply England with reinforcements.

My grandfather's was the sea captain of a US tanker that got shot down and his tanker sunk, he floated in the middle of the Atlantic ocean until he was rescued by a Scottish fishing boat. My father was also a Merchant Marine sea captain on tankers in convoys and he had to arm his tankers with military guns to fight U-Boats to save England from Hitler.

But I will stop blaming Putin for everything.

Like Putin was not behind Brexit even though there is much evidence to the contrary. You jumped on my case even at the suggestion Putin was behind Brexit even though I posted articles showing the contacts and the money paid for the meddling to right-wing UK politicians.

Putin did not meddle in the US election, it was instead the Ukraine and China. (cynical)

And, even though the missiles that Hamas has are Russian made, Putin had nothing to do with them, being fired at Israel. Of course not! (cynical)

How France successfully countered Russian interference during the presidential election
https://www.euractiv.com/section/elections/news/how-france-successfully-countered-russian-interference-during-the-presidential-election/

France countered Russian interference in their election even though there was no interference. Right Izzy? Because Putin would not do that would he?
He would never interfere in an election... Especially to weaken the European union. That whole idea is preposterous right?! (cynical)

Italian Investigators Just Uncovered a Major Russian Election Meddling Plot
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/02/matteo-salvini-russia-italy/

British and Spanish leaders say Russian trolls meddled in their elections
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/britain-and-spanish-leaders-say-russian-trolls-meddled-in-their-elections/2017/11/14/51ffb64a-c950-11e7-b506-8a10ed11ecf5_story.html

Just like the missiles with Hamas, Putin only gave the Russian trolls their cyber warfare infrastructure, he didn't direct them on how to use it. Did he? (cynical)

Stop blaming Putin for everything! (Izzy actually posted this.)

Stop blaming Hitler for World War 2! (again, cynical)

Greece accuses Russia of bribery and meddling in its affairs
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/11/greece-accuses-russia-bribery-meddling-macedonia-deal

Putin Offers Support For Venezuelan Leader Reelected In 'Sham' Vote

https://www.rferl.org/a/putin-offers-support-venezuelan-president-maduro-re-elected-sham-vote-farce-debt-rescue/29241521.html

But England and Israel? Putin would never meddle in the affairs of those countries. (again, cynical)

Israel believes Russia is trying to meddling in its elections, but feels it can foil their efforts
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-10/israel-says-it-can-foil-foreign-election-meddling-amid-scare/10703942

But England and Brexit? Never! Putin is too nice of a guy to meddle in Brexit! (cynical)

Why don't you take a look at some "history" Izzy.
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 09:27 am
@oralloy,
Sensible gun reform: People (you know, those humanoid types?) with a record of violence and batterers should not have guns.

If you have been convicted of beating your wife, or husband, you should not have guns.

If you have a record of violent offences, your privilege to own a gun should be revoked. Suicidal episodes, documented gang affiliation, violent confrontation with law enforcement...

If you have a felony you should not be able to purchase a gun.

All guns should be registered to their owners and there should be a license to own and carry a gun.

ALL people should have to pass a gun safety course to own and use a gun.

You know, sensible gun regulations.

Does it take a brain to not put guns in a crazy person's hands?

If you have a mental diagnosis of bipolar schizophrenia and get a crazy check for it do you think automatic weapons with rapid fire technology is really warranted?

If you have a police record for violence, what makes you think a person like that, owning a gun, is a safe proposition?

Gun Violence Statistics

Every day, on average, 316 people in America are shot in murders, assaults, suicides and suicide attempts, unintentional shootings, and police intervention.

Comment:
If you have poor eyesight you can't obtain a motor vehicle license. You know, sensible driving regulations?

Sensible driving regulations strengthen the privilege to own and operate a motor vehicle.
oralloy

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 09:55 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
Sensible gun reform: People (you know those humanoid types?) with a record of violence and batterers should not have guns.

If you have been convicted of beating your wife or husband you should not have guns.

If you have a felony you should not be able to purchase a gun.

All guns should be registered to their owners

These are already the law.

TheCobbler wrote:
there should be a license to own and carry a gun.

Most jurisdictions already require a license to carry.

TheCobbler wrote:
If you have a record of violent offences, your privilege to own a gun should be revoked.

Rights are not privileges. But otherwise that is already the law.

TheCobbler wrote:
Suicidal episodes,

It will be OK to set up a system for suicidal people to voluntarily hand their guns over to friends or relatives for safekeeping until they get better.

It'll have to be a voluntary system however. If suicidal people lose their freedom for seeking help, then they will never seek help, and suicides will actually increase.

TheCobbler wrote:
documented gang affiliation,

That one is a no-go. Merely being a member of a gang cannot justify stripping someone of their rights.

TheCobbler wrote:
violent confrontation with law enforcement...

If it leads to a criminal conviction, sure.

But not if there is no criminal conviction.

TheCobbler wrote:
ALL people should have to pass a gun safety course to own and use a gun.

That one would be OK.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 10:48 am
@TheCobbler,
Britain, not just England, stood alone.

We fought the Nazis in 1939, we didn’t wait until they declared war on us in the arse end of 1941.

America’s policy of splendid isolation had as much to do with the rise of Nazi Germany as much as any appeasement from Western Europe.
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 02:19 pm
@izzythepush,
Oh, you mean like the UK's "splendid isolation" with Brexit?

It would seem the US has more ties to the European union than the UK does now.

The United States was the largest importer and the third largest exporter in the world in 2019. In 2020, the United States was the largest partner for EU exports of goods (18.3 %) and the second largest partner for EU imports of goods (11.8 %).
izzythepush

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 02:28 pm
@TheCobbler,
I voted Remain, you know that.

None of this has anything to do with your obsession with Putin.

When you go off on your wild flights of fancy you fail to hold him to account for what he is doing, like Navalny, Ukraine, Salisbury, The Czech Republic etc.

izzythepush

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 02:42 pm
I went to the car boot in Hayling Island today, bought a punnet of strawberries from the nearby New Forest, Brockenhurst to be exact. They were sublime, the most delicious strawberries I have had for a really long time.

English strawberries are reputedly the best in the World, something about our climate.

I’m not saying there’s a lot of things we can be proud of, but these strawberries certainly qualify.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 02:58 pm
@izzythepush,
The racist fearmongering fake news that circulated the UK that caused the British people to vote for Brexit was devised and perpetrated by Putin.

It is just one more example of Putin's poisoning the waters of western allies...

I am not obsessed by Putin, I am cautiously aware of his underhanded tactics and I can smell his dirty work like a fart in a car a mile away.

You on the other hand are out picking strawberries and oblivious of his dealings to a fault.

And when his shiest handy work is revealed to you, it takes days before you get it...

All the while you go on babbling about how historically learned you are.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 03:21 pm
@TheCobbler,
No it wasn’t, it was perpetrated by the right wing newspapers. That’s who devised it, Putin was an opportunist who came along later.

He didn’t devise anything, you are obsessed.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 04:09 pm

https://iili.io/BWd8w7.jpg
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 11:02 pm
New York woman arrested after striking Asian woman with a hammer, causing laceration
Victim said she is returning to Taiwan due to the attack
By Paul Best

"Asian woman attacked with hammer in Times Square
Crime continues to surge in New York City; Aishah Hasnie reports.

A black woman who allegedly demanded two Asian women remove their masks and then struck one with a hammer was arrested Wednesday, the NYPD announced.

Video of the harrowing confrontation shows the two victims, 31 and 29, walking in Hell's Kitchen when the suspect erratically approached them with the hammer.

The suspect then struck the 31-year-old in the head, causing a laceration. She was arrested for assault, criminal possession of a weapon and menacing, according to NYPD Hate Crimes.

The New York Post identified the alleged attacker as 37-year-old Ebony Jackson, a homeless woman.

It is unclear if the attack was racially motivated or whether Jackson will face hate crime charges, but it comes amid a surge of anti-Asian violence in New York City and other parts of the country over the last year.

An analysis by California State University, San Bernardino, found that hate crimes against Asians surged 833% in New York City last year, going from three in 2019 to 28 in 2020.

That trend has continued so far this year, with 42 hate crimes reported against Asians in New York City in the first quarter of 2021, a 223% increase over the 13 that were reported in that time frame last year.

In America's 16 biggest cities, hate crimes against Asian Americans went up 149% in 2020.

The 31-year-old victim in the hammer attack told ABC7 that she is from Taiwan and came to America in 2019 for her master's degree at the Fashion Institute of Technology, but will now go back to her home country until she feels like New York is safe again.

"My mom actually told me please be careful, there's a lot of Asian crime happening in America," she told the news outlet. "
0 Replies