Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

snood

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2020 04:04 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
Officials of the US Defence Department have contradicted President Donald Trump, saying that there is no clear indication that the massive explosion in Beirut was an "attack".

What officials? Do you have any names? How about a source?

But you take Trump’s word for it when he says “some generals told me”.

Brilliant.
BillW

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2020 05:33 pm
@snood,
Defense Secretary Esper says Beirut blast probably an accident, breaking with Trump

USA Today

An accident was the likely cause of the explosion in Beirut, Defense Secretary Mark Esper said Wednesday, contradicting a statement made by President Donald Trump on Tuesday that the blast that killed at least 135 people, wounded 5,000 and leveled a large portion of the city was an apparent attack.

“Most believe it was an accident, as reported,” Esper said at the Aspen Security Conference in Colorado.

At a White House briefing hours after the explosion, Trump said he was briefed by “generals,” and “they seem to think it was an attack.” The Pentagon referred questions about that briefing to the National Security Council. The NSC did not offer a response on Esper's comments.

Wednesday evening, Trump attempted to take back his assertion that an attack caused the explosion.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/08/05/mark-esper-breaks-trump-says-beirut-blast-likely-accident/3302236001/
snood

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2020 05:55 pm
@BillW,
In 24 hours, Trump went from “some of our great generals told me it was an attack”, to “I don’t think anyone can say what it was”.

And tools just fall right in line behind whatever he says.
BillW

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2020 06:13 pm
@snood,
Yeah, this is the first time they provided a name - and it couldn't get any higher. I ignore idiots btw! Stay well....
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2020 06:38 pm
Investigation of Trump Org follows familiar white collar contours
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/investigation-of-trump-org-follows-familiar-white-collar-contours-89511493965

Hillary will have the last laugh as "crooked Trump" goes to jail.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2020 06:51 pm
@BillW,
I’m starting to remember why I had you on ignore for several months...
The memory is vague but ...Something about random, unfunny, distracting crap you can’t resist posting.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2020 06:51 pm
@snood,
Quote:

But you take Trump’s word for it when he says “some generals told me”.

Because they are generals. Shouldn't CNN say what their sources do? They could be janitors.

BTW generals general. That means they are important enough to listen to. Janitors, not so much.
snood

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2020 06:57 pm
@coldjoint,
If he had said some whomever told him, you would’ve believed it. He says generals told him and you believe him because he said generals. If he said some navy seals, some senators, some ambassadors...you would’ve believed him.

Because Trump said it is good enough for you. That’s crazy stupid.
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2020 07:02 pm
Let me guess, who is responsible for a Russian freighter full of ammonium nitrate?
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2020 07:06 pm
Kansas Rep. Steve Watkins Loses Seat To Jake LaTurner After Facing Criminal Charges
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/kansas-rep-steve-watkins-loses-seat-to-jake-laturner_n_5f2a6ea6c5b656e9b0a20be9

TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Freshman Kansas Rep. Steve Watkins lost his Republican primary Tuesday after being charged with felony election fraud and other crimes.

Comment:
Yes, this Rep is the pride of the right wing religious charter schools and the ethics bred into them through the conservative party's moral majority! (cynical)
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2020 07:21 pm
Second grader tests positive for coronavirus after attending the first day of school in Georgia
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/05/us/second-grader-coronavirus-first-day-of-school/index.html
snood

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2020 07:21 pm
Easy fix
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2020 07:28 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Because Trump said it is good enough for you.

No worse than believing CNN that lied for over three years and will say anything to hurt Trump whether it is true or not.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2020 07:30 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
I’m starting to remember why I had you on ignore for several months...
The memory is vague but ...Something about random, unfunny, distracting crap you can’t resist posting.

Oh come on. That was hardly offensive. At the worst it was a little silly.

If he'd directed that at me, I'd have replied "I wish."
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2020 07:30 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
Second grader tests positive for coronavirus after attending the first day of school in Georgia

One out of how many? Any idea?
coldjoint

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2020 09:52 pm
http://patriotretort.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Biden-Cognitive-Implosion.jpg
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2020 09:58 pm
@coldjoint,
SO WHAT ABOUT THE HUNDRED PLUS QUARANTINED next door in a mississippi school district?
coldjoint

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2020 10:25 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
SO WHAT ABOUT THE HUNDRED PLUS QUARANTINED next door in a mississippi

What about them? Do all of them have it? Nope. Overreaction is now mandatory.
snood

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2020 11:38 pm
@coldjoint,
A thousand people dying everyday for weeks. And you’re talking about overreacting.

The reason for the mess is the federal government underreacting at the outset, and continuing to underreact now.