Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

oralloy

Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 11:53 pm
You engage in name-calling because you are not capable of saying anything intelligent.
goldberg

Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 11:54 pm
@oralloy,
I only read The Economist and Fortune. I have been squeamish about awful articles written by conservative berks. We are not on the the same wavelength. You are just a conservative cur.
oralloy

Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 11:56 pm
@goldberg,
Free advice: You should cut and paste more of their articles instead of attempting to think for yourself.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 11:56 pm
@oralloy,
You have been trashing people here for a long time. That's what your strong suit.
oralloy

Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 11:58 pm
@goldberg,
Don't be so dishonest. I do nothing of the sort.

That's what you do in fact. It's all that you are capable of.
oralloy

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2020 12:00 am
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:
Chinese people would use another word bai chi to describe a lout like u.

Chinese people wouldn't want a double digiter like you presuming to speak for them.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2020 12:01 am
@goldberg,
These conservative racists don't know anything about the roots of conservatism. Edmund Burke would have been vexed by their provocations and tomfoolery.
oralloy

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2020 12:03 am
@goldberg,
Did I mention how silly you look when you falsely accuse everyone of racism.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2020 12:04 am
@oralloy,
You could teach Englash in Iran.
oralloy

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2020 12:05 am
@goldberg,
I can do pretty much anything. My capabilities are pretty broad.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2020 12:06 am
I'm not interested in knowing what your childish name-calling means.

You engage in childish name-calling because you are not capable of saying anything intelligent.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2020 03:38 am
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
https://images.dailykos.com/images/811121/story_image/41F31BE3-FE4E-48DB-9948-C02314F9966B.jpeg

Progressives are pretty silly the way they always falsely accuse everyone of racism.

TheCobbler wrote:
As Taylor said, we will vote Trump out in November.

I'm going to be voting for Mr. Trump. He is a great president.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2020 03:39 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Quote:
Protesters in Georgia commemorated Ahmaud Arbery, a 25-year-old black man killed while jogging by two white men who chased him in a truck and shot him to death, claiming they believed, without evidence, that he was a burglar.

The jogger guy was shot because he was violently attacking someone.
People have the right to be safe and protect themselves.

I should add: people also have the right to be secure from burglars. Confronting a suspected burglar is perfectly reasonable.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2020 04:41 am
@oralloy,
People have the right to defend themselves against racist pigs.
oralloy

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2020 04:58 am
@Olivier5,
Don't be silly. Confronting a suspected criminal doesn't make someone racist. And attacking someone for confronting you is not defense.
You not meaning you personally. I mean the person who is being confronted.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2020 05:40 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I bet you chatted to a lot of beefeaters.

Certainly seen a lot of them.

Back when I was going to the Tower (in the mid 1950's) getting in was a snap. I understand now there are long lines to be bucked. And I also understand that the cost has gotten high. I cannot remember the cost back then, but it must have been very nominal, because I went so often and did not earn much as an airman.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2020 05:48 am
@Frank Apisa,
You know the stereotypical image of the sentry who can’t talk to anyone?

They exist, but they’re nothing like beefeaters, they’re the opposite. Beefeaters are incredibly chatty and will talk to anyone, they’re a very friendly bunch.

And I would have thought that someone as gregarious as you would have engaged them in conversation countless times.

izzythepush

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2020 05:50 am
@Frank Apisa,
I’ve not been for a while and can’t remember how much it cost, but a good idea is to buy a pass to all the Royal Palaces. I don’t know all of them but Hampton Court and the Tower are both on the list.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2020 05:51 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

FRANK! WELCOME!

So nice to have you here chatting in this thread!

Thanks, Cobbler.

I'm getting a kick out of the "English accent" discussion. Back when I was stationed in the UK...a wonderful experience**, we Yanks used to call all UKers "blokes." Even the women were called "blokes" as in "Yeah, he married a bloke woman."

One of the most often heard comments from the blokes was, "We don't have the accent, you bloody buggers do"...all delivered in a full British accent.

**At the time I was there, there was excellent relationship between the American and British forces. We got along great. I often went into Lincoln and ate at the NAFFI...something akin to the USO.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2020 05:54 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You know the stereotypical image of the sentry who can’t talk to anyone?

They exist, but they’re nothing like beefeaters, they’re the opposite. Beefeaters are incredibly chatty and will talk to anyone, they’re a very friendly bunch.

And I would have thought that someone as gregarious as you would have engaged them in conversation countless times.

I may well have. I honestly do not remember. I do remember the protocol over at Buckingham Palace. "Don't mess with the sentries! You'll get a bayonet in your ass."