Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

glitterbag

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 07:54 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

I will look it up, thanks for the suggestion Glitter... Smile

This book?
https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/misquoting-jesus-the-story-behind-who-changed-the-bible-and-why_bart-d-ehrman/249626/item/1348851/

I will get a copy, looks really good!

Yes, that's the one. Let me know if you can't get a copy, I think I have an extra.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 01:17 am
@TheCobbler,
You must have got something wrong here, Cobbler, because the masoretic text and the Septuagint are versions of the Jewish bible, what Christians call the Old Testament. There would be no mention of Jesus, Marie and Joseph in the Septuagint, which was written before JC, and in the rabbinical masoretic text, which of course excludes the Gospels, Acts of the Apostoles, etc.
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 06:20 pm
@Olivier5,
Please read what I wrote,

The Old Testament uses the word "almah" which New Testament translators have translated as virgin and instead of "young woman of childbearing age".

They are connected when the New Testament refers to the Old Testament and uses an erroneous Greek Translation of the Old Testament to do it.

"It is written"
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 06:47 pm

0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 07:58 pm
Experts Recommend Disinfecting Television After Trump Has Been On

April 7, 2020
White House briefing on television screen.

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—People should get in the habit of thoroughly disinfecting their televisions after Donald J. Trump has been on, a cross-section of experts confirmed on Tuesday.

“If you have access to disinfectant wipes, thoroughly clean the television,” Dr. Davis Logsdon, of the University of Minnesota, said. “If the television is on your kitchen counter, wipe down the counter and put any dishes and other kitchen items that were exposed to Trump in the dishwasher. This won’t eliminate all traces of Trump, but it can’t hurt.”

Dr. Carol Foyler, of U.C.L.A. advised that “disinfecting your television is good as far as it goes, but everyone needs to be aware that, if Trump has been on TV, it is possible that Trump has been transmitted to you through the air.”

“I would take off your clothes, put them in the wash, and take a shower,” she said. “After you get out of the shower, if you have hand sanitizer, slather your naked body with it. This is what I do after Trump has been on.”

Logsdon agreed with Foyler’s recommendations but added, “I burn my clothes.”

Dr. Harland Dorrinson, of Wake Forest, agreed with the other experts but called disinfecting one’s television and burning one’s clothes “half-measures.”

“Last week, I had the TV on, and suddenly they cut away for a Trump briefing,” he said. “I put on latex gloves and unplugged the television. I carefully placed the television in a garbage bag, sealed it securely with duct tape, and put it out on the street. Everyone should do this right now.”

By Andy Borowitz
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 08:18 pm
Ratings change: Senate races shift toward Democrats
Gardner now an underdog, Shaheen safer, Collins more at risk
https://www.rollcall.com/2020/04/06/ratings-change-senate-races-shift-toward-democrats/

also,

McGrath outpaces McConnell's 'record-breaking' fundraising haul in midst of pandemic
Phillip M. Bailey, Louisville Courier Journal Published 5:00 a.m. ET April 7, 2020 | Updated 8:04 a.m. ET April 8, 2020

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is breaking fundraising records for the 2020 reelection, but the GOP chief continues to be surpassed by would-be Democratic challenger Amy McGrath.

McConnell's money machine didn't let a global pandemic stop it from raking in $7.4 million during the first quarter, which is his largest haul during a three-month period since coming to Washington in 1985.

“Team Mitch had a record-breaking start to 2020 with our highest fundraising quarter in history," McConnell campaign manager Kevin Golden said in a statement, "and the most-ever cash on hand for any campaign in Kentucky’s history."

As of Tuesday, McConnell has scooped up approximately $25.6 million toward the 2020 reelection cycle and has a healthy $14.8 million on hand now.

But McGrath busted McConnell's bubble when her campaign told The Courier Journal the retired Marine fighter pilot raised a whopping $12.8 million during the same period.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 08:31 pm
In First Two Years Of Trump Admin, More Than 1,600 Scientists Left Government
https://mavenroundtable.io/theintellectualist/news/in-first-two-years-of-trump-admin-more-than-1-600-scientists-left-government-R4rvsAKZEEq9PIQ9O1-3TA

Comment:
Please remind us again how high your IQ is...
NSFW (view)
coldjoint

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 09:05 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
More than 1,600 federal scientists left government in the first two years of the Trump administration, an exodus fueled by administration policies that have diminished the role of science in policy-making, according to The Washington Post.

Your article does not mean ****. Just more negative propaganda.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 09:41 pm
@coldjoint,
Get your head out of the sand (notice how polite I am in not telling you to get it out of your ass).
coldjoint

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 10:26 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Get your head out of the sand (notice how polite I am in not telling you to get it out of your ass).

Polite and nosy.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 12:53 am
@TheCobbler,
Right. Isaiah prophetised the birth of a child from a virgin/young woman. There's no way to know what Isaiah himself meant, of course. There are only competing interpretations.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 10:46 am
Quote:
No, science does not mean **** to a moron.

Science does not mean as much as politics. At least it does not to the people who have left the administration. Good riddens.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 11:34 am
@coldjoint,
They left the administration because the administration tried to ignore and discredit the science. If they stayed it might seem they were supporting that atrocity and they would not be a party to the trump bullshit so they left.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 11:38 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
They left the administration because the administration tried to ignore and discredit the science.

The WP has total confidence that stupid people will believe stupid things. Glad to see you are not disappointing them.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 11:43 am
https://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/mle200408c20200408121740.jpg
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 11:45 am
@coldjoint,
You clearly have no idea of the trump admin's political war on science, truth,and reality.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 11:46 am
@coldjoint,
it's truly amazing how invincibly ignorant you can be.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 11:54 am
https://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/The_Price_Of_Life_Small20200408120101.jpg
TheCobbler

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 02:08 pm
@coldjoint,
What about republican rapist, unwanted male body parts forced upon women?

You gonna put a dollar figure on that?

What about the life of a woman? You gonna put a dollar figure on that?

Versus an unborn glob of cells?

Sperm is alive, each sperm cell is a living potential life?

Why is that no so important? That is MURDER too!

Should laws be forced upon males to stop the needless murder of sperm?

It is a woman's choice, not yours to impose your selfish and hateful ideology.

Besides it is not about life, LIVING, BREATHING people are dying over the Coronavirus and you are defending the inept imbecile idiot you call a president? Where is your concern for life there? Where is your outrage over his profiteering off the virus and his lack of action? His appointing inexperienced family members to head up a job that even an experienced career official would find daunting?

Your partisan politic care nothing about life.

The BODY PARTS are piling up on the White House's doorstep! Yet not a single word out of you about that!!!!???

Go shove your chauvinist male prick, hypocrite, racist, rapist loving body parts somewhere else.