Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2015 01:47 am
My name is Stephanie, and I'm 16. I found out September 2014 that the man I was calling my father wasn't my father. I'm glad he took me in, but I want to get to know my biological father. My mom told me his name, and I got in contact with his parents, but my grandma refuses to let my grandpa contact me. I know where they currently live, and I know I was born there. I've tried everything I can to get more information on him, but it seems impossible.. If anyone could give me some advice or direct me somewhere I could find more out, your help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,803 • Replies: 7
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2015 11:11 am
@StephanieNicole,
You're a lot further along than most people we get here.

Are they close enough to visit? Can you research their neighbors, or other family members? I am not saying to become a stalker but you may need to approach this a bit more elliptically.

It's also interesting that you have the information on your grandparents but not your father. If he is alive and competent then he has some rights in this matter. You may need to work with your grandmother to try to figure out what's going on and why she's so resistant to you being in touch.
StephanieNicole

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2015 02:09 am
@jespah,
They're in Ontario, I'm in Alberta.

My grandfather is the Pastor at the local church in my hometown, so it wasn't too hard to find him and get some information on him. When I first spoke to my grandfather he explained that my dad wanted to be in my life but at the time he couldn't because my mom got a restraining order on him, but no one will tell me why, which could be why my grandmother is resistant..
jespah

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2015 08:51 am
@StephanieNicole,
Ah. Well, it's possibly that your father is in prison. They may also be worried that if he has contact with you, it could be in violation of the court order.

I realize this is probably not economically possible for you right now, but you may need legal representation in order to go any further with this and hammer out an agreement that can hold up in court that he would not be in violation to be in touch with you (you don't want to attempt this yourself. It's above your pay grade. Get a lawyer involved).
0 Replies

DashDynamic

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2015 10:36 am
@StephanieNicole,
Don't find him. Let him find you when you're rich and famous. On a more serious note, try online things. Most people have some sort of social media profile. Maybe your mom can do some sort of child support so the courts will find him for you.
0 Replies

how2finddadjohndoe

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2015 08:45 pm
@StephanieNicole,
You know, when you turn 18 you could just fly, drive or whatever you want to him. It's that easy.
Ask someone to take you there.

You're so close. Don't give up Stephanie.

I'm actually in the same boat, except I'm floating way farther away to land.

At least you've got a name.
0 Replies

Meehan Chels

Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 04:12 pm
Hi my Name Is Chelsea Marie Meehan I'm 18 Years Old
Old Was Born In Derby Western Australia Raised In Kununurra Western Australia I Haven't Met My Father In My Life
But my Mother Emma Jane Meehan Told Me A Little About My Dad Malcolm Golding What He Used To Work For Where He Lives and Many More Even My Grandmother And Aunty Please Help Me Get In Contact With Him I Only Know His Name That's It Thanks ???!
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 14 May, 2015 04:22 pm
@Meehan Chels,
Have you tried an ancestry website?

The Oz one has an amazing amount of information on its database, and you would probably stand a reasonable chance of finding out what you want to know by searching your aforementioned family names on their site. The 'ancestry' site is about the biggest, and I'm pretty sure that you can do initial searches for free, although you may have to pay for membership if you want to delve deeper.

Good luck.
0 Replies