Is he being professional / friendly or is he interested in me ?

Yogeda

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 01:28 am
Hi,
I have meet a guy at work recently and I kind of like him. (Mainly because he has been very nice and helpful to me since the first day of work)

I feel like he might be interested in me as well, as I always see him look at me from the corner of his eyes when I pass by in the hallway. If he notices me looking at him, sometimes he will immediately look away. And he always finds “reasons “ to talk to me , like come to my work position and ask if i am doing ok, do you want some snacks , helping me out a lot even I didn’t ask for any help and we don’t even work at the same position, taught me the important things i have to know when working in that company after work on the first day. Also , I notices him talks to me in a softer voice ( and he usually talks in a more socially aggressive + louder voice with the others )

However, there was a time that he bumped into me by accident, and he said “Sorry Buddy.” Does that mean I am being friend zoned by him?

However my friends said he is just being professional, and it doesn’t mean he is interested, which makes sense to me as well. ( like if my cousins work in that company , I will always go to their work position and check if they are doing ok . And in my past working/ volunteering experience , my employers/ volunteer coordinator would ask if I am doing ok after work)

But I don't know that guy in the past , and that guy is not my employer . Besides, there are several other new comers, and i didn't see him helping them that often. (But there is a possibility that i didn't see him helping them ) Also , I don't think a person will look at you from corner of his/her eyes if he / she is not interested .

So , what do you think? Do you think he is just being friendly ? Or is he doing this because he is interested in me ?
Thank you !
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,599 • Replies: 3
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 09:17 am
First of all, it's NOT a good idea to get involved with someone at work. If it doesn't work out, you can lose your job, especially if this person is your boss. There would be a lot of tension at work if you were fighting, too.

It sounds like he wants your attention, but he's too immature to actually walk up to you and say hello and ask about you.

How old are you two?

Yogeda

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 11:34 am
@PUNKEY,
I am 20 and he is 24 .
( but how does it relate to being professional / interested ? )
PUNKEY

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 01:13 pm
@Yogeda,
Well, what do you want to happen?

Then YOU make it happen.
0 Replies