The Bride Of Christ

Squeakybro

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 05:00 pm
@neologist,
You do realize that is heresy. I you are speaking against these verses. You really should go read that revelation on "Rules of Believing" . We are not to even think beyond what is written. And we are not to add one thing to it or take one thing away from it.

John 12:48-50
48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him-- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
49 "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
50 "And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."
(NKJ)

Squeakybro

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 05:01 pm
@izzythepush,
ROFLOL Boy your little guys are out of control now. lol
Smileyrius

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 05:20 pm
@Squeakybro,
but Squeaky, if you have judged them as swine, and yet you are casting your pearls before them, surely this scripture should have an altogether different meaning to you.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 05:23 pm
@Squeakybro,
Now who's not got a sense of humour? Admittedly it's not in the same league as saying someone looks like a horse, but that's not a good league.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 05:24 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:

You do realize that is heresy.

Who are you to say what is and isn't heresy, the Pope?
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 05:46 pm
@Squeakybro,
What about the first 39 books, must we also not take away from those?
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 06:03 pm
@Smileyrius,
First off I didn't judge them as swine. The Holy Spirit did. And no I'm not casting my pearls before them. I'm casting my pearls before the others that are on this board. That is the one bad thing about bulletin boards. I cant control who comes on my threads.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 06:06 pm
@Smileyrius,
The old testament is obsolete. Anyway if one doesn't abide(live) in the new testament they don't have God or Jesus.

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

II Jn 1:7-11
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 06:12 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
You do realize that is heresy. I you (sic) are speaking against these verses.
No. I am speaking against your interpretation of these verses.
Squeakybro wrote:
You really should go read that revelation on "Rules of Believing" .
And where are those to be found?
Squeakybro wrote:
We are not to even think beyond what is written. And we are not to add one thing to it or take one thing away from it.
But we are allowed to, in fact we should, endeavor to understand what is written.

Perhaps you can tell us why it is we do not have a Book of Jesus or a Book of Gabriel, since they most certainly could write more eloquently than Moses or Matthew.
neologist

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 06:19 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
The old testament is obsolete. Anyway if one doesn't abide(live) in the new testament they don't have God or Jesus.
And surely, by now Smiley and I should have schooled you in the difference between the various testaments in the so called "Old Testament". By now you should understand that it is the Law Testament that is obsolete. But many other testaments, such as the Abrahamic Covenant and the Davidic Covenant are still in effect. Also in effect are the prophecies of Genesis 3:15 and Daniel 2:44, to name 2.

You simply block out any information which would free you from your comfortable delusion.
neologist

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 06:22 pm
@izzythepush,
Izzy, you are soooo naughty. Very Happy

But thank you for saying this:
Quote:
. . . And the Christians doth lamenteth deeply. . .
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 07:00 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
The old testament is obsolete.

Which scriptures would you say that Paul was speaking about in his letter to Timothy at 2 Timothy 3:16
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 07:49 pm
@neologist,
Either you believe what is written or you don't. Because this is the way the Holy Spirit teaches.

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

It seems your faith is a little weak. My faith tells me God doesn't allow anything in His bible that He doesn't want in there. If it isn't in there God stopped it. If it is in there God put it in there.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 07:53 pm
@neologist,
And yet the Holy Spirit tells me something different.

John 10:8-9
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
(NKJ)

Luke 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
(NKJ)

Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
(NKJ)

Heb 9:17-18
17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
18 Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without blood.
(NKJ)

1242 diatheke (dee-ath-ay'-kay);

from 1303; properly, a disposition, i.e. (specially) a contract (especially a devisory will):

KJV-- covenant, testament.

0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 07:56 pm
@Smileyrius,
Why does everyone try to put the Word on someone else. What a lot of people forget is whether Jesus said it, or Paul said it, or Peter or one of the others said it. It is Gods Word. God sent it to us. And it is all for us. Not for them, who ever them is.
Ionus

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 08:14 pm
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
Only those who cant stand reproach turn to interpretation over absolute reading.

Only those who God gave less intelligence to need to think of the Bible as absolute. It saves having to think.
Ionus

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 08:15 pm
@Squeakybro,
Do you realise the circular nature of saying the Bible must be right because the Bible says so?
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 08:26 pm
@Ionus,
lolol God doesn't even call the (as you call it, intelligent) it wouldn't do any good. There intelligence is their down fall.

1 Cor 1:9
9 God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 1:18-21
18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."
20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 1:25-28
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.
27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
28 and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are,
(NKJ)

Squeakybro

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 08:27 pm
@Ionus,
Guess what its right.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 08:55 pm
@Squeakybro,
I cant help but think you have tried to memorise the Bible without understanding it. What do you think happened when Jesus turned water into wine?