Limbaugh announces end of 10-year marriage

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 10:16 pm
Limbaugh's third marriage failure. Another example of "Do as I say, not as I do." ---BBB

Posted on Fri, Jun. 11, 2004
JILL BARTON
Associated Press

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - Conservative radio commentator Rush Limbaugh announced Friday that he and his wife, Marta, were divorcing.

The Limbaughs "mutually decided to end their marriage of 10 years" and have "separated pending an amicable resolution," according to a statement released by Limbaugh's publicist.

The couple shared a $24 million oceanfront mansion in nearby Palm Beach. Limbaugh often broadcasts his daily three-hour show from a studio in a commercial area of Palm Beach.

Spokesman Tony Knight said the matter was personal and declined further comment.

It was the third marriage for both Limbaugh, 53, and his 44-year-old wife, who were wed May 27, 1994 at the Virginia home of U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas. Thomas officiated the ceremony.

The past several months have been difficult for Limbaugh, who announced in October that he was entering a drug rehabilitation program because he was addicted to painkillers.

At the same time, prosecutors here announced they were investigating whether Limbaugh illegally went "doctor shopping" to obtain pain pills. The practice refers to visiting several doctors to receive duplicate prescriptions of controlled narcotics.

Limbaugh, who has not been charged with any crime, has repeatedly fought back against the charges and negative publicity he's received over the matter.

Last month, he took out full-page ads in two Florida newspapers to attack prosecutors for a politically motivated investigation. He also accused one of the newspapers of trying to discredit him. Limbaugh also regularly lashes out against prosecutors and reporters and defends himself during his show.

The criminal case against him is on hold pending a decision from the 4th District Court of Appeal. The court will decide whether the seizure of Limbaugh's medical records, which were taken by investigators in November, violated privacy laws.

Prosecutors say they need the records to determine whether to bring charges against Limbaugh.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,393 • Replies: 24
No top replies

Eva

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 10:22 pm
I am SO shocked. <yawn>
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 06:39 am
Rush Pillbaugh is such a piece of work. It's a miracle the marriage lasted ten years. The conservatives mouthpiece is nothing more than a drug addicted, no talent loudmouth who can't keep his own life together but tells everybody else how they should live. Rush is just another hypocritical conservative who says one thing and does another.

Interesting timing on the announcement. Guess he figured the divorce would be overlooked by the media with all the attention being given to the funeral of Ronald Reagan.

When Rush's drug abuse surfaces again he will, no doubt, use the breakup of his marriage as an excuse for 'falling off the wagon'. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 06:41 am
I'm sure it was the rising tide of gay marriage that destroyed his.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 06:50 am
PDiddie wrote:
I'm sure it was the rising tide of gay marriage that destroyed his.

LOL...

What destroys marriage is people like Rush who take the insitution so lightly that they get married time and time again.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 06:59 am
If you want to attack Rush Limbaugh, there are ample reasons to do so. Some examples might be:

- I don't agree with him on what tax rates should be
- I don't agree with him on affirmative action
- I think he broke the law regarding prescription drugs

But do you have to call him names? Isn't that just a little juvenile?
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 07:10 am
Jim wrote:
If you want to attack Rush Limbaugh, there are ample reasons to do so. Some examples might be:

- I don't agree with him on what tax rates should be
- I don't agree with him on affirmative action
- I think he broke the law regarding prescription drugs

But do you have to call him names? Isn't that just a little juvenile?

I don't normally call people names, make fun of them or react to someone in a juvenile way Jim. I figured, that since Rush has no problem calling people names with whom he disagrees...like Maxine Waters (Kerosene Maxine) for example (there are many, many more examples) or makes fun of a persons physical appearance...like the short stature of Sen. Barbara Mikulski or Robert Reich (are but two examples of many I could give) I figured it was okay to call him names and make fun of him since he seems to think it's okay. What goes around comes around.

I'm not a drug addict, I don't break the law, I have been married just one time (for 18 years)...it's not ME who is being juvenile.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 07:23 am
i agree with doglover. Rush has made a career of savaging people by calling attention to their"challenges" but hey, thats show biz. Limbaugh has never let facts, evidence , or historic events get in his way when he tries to make some wacky point.
I was listening week before last and he said that the comparison between Afghanistan/Iraq was the same as Japan/Germany. Heres his logic

We were attacked by Japan but we started to battle Germany also.
How bout a big Duhhh for the man

During the Reagan funeral they had him doing a play by play and he was obviously high cause he was screwing up the facts and timeline really badly.
I think hes gonna implode sometime in the future because even his staunch supporters are beginning to put some distance between him and them.

As far as his marriage, big deal. I dont think anyone could stand being around him for long peiods of time.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 08:05 am
So you're going to sink to his level?

THEN HE WINS
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 08:11 am
how do you figure? Im merely reporting what Rush was doing on the air. I wasnt making any references to any physical challenges
Oh yeh, theres that drug thing , ok , if he wins then all the ditto heads deserve that kind of entertainment. I hope thyre smart enough to distinguish Rush from the" heroin" talking
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 11:29 am
Rush Limbaugh's thoughts on divorce:

http://atrios.blogspot.com/2004_06_06_atrios_archive.html#108705675507435219

Hypocritical and prophetic at the same time.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 12:18 pm
I don't see anything unique about Limbaugh's breakup with his wife. Looks like he's like the average American.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 12:21 pm
Re: Limbaugh announces end of 10-year marriage
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Limbaugh's third marriage failure. Another example of "Do as I say, not as I do." ---BBB

Posted on Fri, Jun. 11, 2004
JILL BARTON
Associated Press

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - Conservative radio commentator Rush Limbaugh announced Friday that he and his wife, Marta, were divorcing.

The Limbaughs "mutually decided to end their marriage of 10 years" and have "separated pending an amicable resolution," according to a statement released by Limbaugh's publicist.

The couple shared a $24 million oceanfront mansion in nearby Palm Beach. Limbaugh often broadcasts his daily three-hour show from a studio in a commercial area of Palm Beach.

Spokesman Tony Knight said the matter was personal and declined further comment.

It was the third marriage for both Limbaugh, 53, and his 44-year-old wife, who were wed May 27, 1994 at the Virginia home of U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas. Thomas officiated the ceremony.

The past several months have been difficult for Limbaugh, who announced in October that he was entering a drug rehabilitation program because he was addicted to painkillers.

At the same time, prosecutors here announced they were investigating whether Limbaugh illegally went "doctor shopping" to obtain pain pills. The practice refers to visiting several doctors to receive duplicate prescriptions of controlled narcotics.

Limbaugh, who has not been charged with any crime, has repeatedly fought back against the charges and negative publicity he's received over the matter.

Last month, he took out full-page ads in two Florida newspapers to attack prosecutors for a politically motivated investigation. He also accused one of the newspapers of trying to discredit him. Limbaugh also regularly lashes out against prosecutors and reporters and defends himself during his show.

The criminal case against him is on hold pending a decision from the 4th District Court of Appeal. The court will decide whether the seizure of Limbaugh's medical records, which were taken by investigators in November, violated privacy laws.

Prosecutors say they need the records to determine whether to bring charges against Limbaugh.

Look at J.Lo and her 3 marriages and she isn't 40 yet! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 12:23 pm
Miller wrote:
I don't see anything unique about Limbaugh's breakup with his wife. Looks like he's like the average American.

Miller...do you honestly think the 'average' American is a drug addict who has been married three times and never had a child? Rolling Eyes

You're using JLo as the standard by which to judge Rush? LMAO
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 12:24 pm
Live by the sword die by the sword....if Limbaugh didn't delight in hateful and petty name calling he wouldn't be the object of it......
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 12:30 pm
I've never heard J.Lo preaching to America about divorce like Limbaugh does in DogL's thread...there's a difference and a hypocrite is even more evident. What a smug, smarmy idiot...there...I said it. LOL
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 01:19 pm
panzade wrote:
I've never heard J.Lo preaching to America about divorce like Limbaugh does in DogL's thread...there's a difference and a hypocrite is even more evident. What a smug, smarmy idiot...there...I said it. LOL

LOL panzade. I'm glad you said it! Cool

What goes around comes around....
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 01:22 pm
This man is obviously a serial monogamist
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 01:26 pm
If it weren't for his millions, Rush would never be able to get a woman into bed much less marry him. LOL
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 01:35 pm
Liza's available
0 Replies