Were there negative comments when Kennedy died?

blatham

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 06:44 am
Chilliwack, you degenerate numbskull. If you ever happen to see the North America Plowing Championship trophy, you can verify the spelling. We are on it for THREE CONSECUTIVE YEARS and sure as hell New York isn't.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 06:54 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
You strike like a snake, blatham.

(Not that I'm opposed to that)

It's a new strategy, gus. Pleased someone noticed it. Previously, I had struck like an sea cucumber.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 12:17 pm
blatham wrote:
Chilliwack, you degenerate numbskull. If you ever happen to see the North America Plowing Championship trophy, you can verify the spelling. We are on it for THREE CONSECUTIVE YEARS and sure as hell New York isn't.

Chilliwack - Chilliwick. It's all Canuk to me.

(Of course you realize that there is a childish phallus related quip begging to be cracked wise here.)
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 12:25 pm
Yeah...I wasn't entirely happy with 'sea cucumber' either.

My model for the joke came from an absolutely precious bit of 60's tv. Woody Allan had begun performing live (rather than just writing, which he started doing professionally for Paar at 15) on the college circuit and was beginning to gain some deserved recognition nation-wide. One consequence of this was a one hour TV show which he hosted and scripted. One of the guests he invited on was Billy Graham.

At the end of the show, Woody and Billy took questions from the audience. To the question "If you were any animal, which animal would you like to be?". Billy tilted his head thoughtfully, paused, and then answered, "I think I'd like to be a lion." Woody, with no hesitation, said, "A sponge".
0 Replies