Do you know anyone who got a ticket before a license?

cjhsa

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 10:41 am
In CA you don't even have to read/speak English to get a license, the DMV prints up tests in Swahili and provides like speaking road testers. Half of the drivers are uninsured and half of those are illegal aliens. Any questions?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 10:45 am
Last week, my wife got rear ended HARD by another woman (asian, hate to say it). The woman is fortunately insured, and pulls over and asks my wife "Why were you just sitting in the road like that?" ARGH. She was making a left turn, waiting for oncoming traffic to clear, with her blinker on. Freakin IDIOTS should not be allowed to drive. I'll give it 100:1 she was on her cell phone.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 10:59 am
Can't we keep the troglodyte politics somewhere else?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 11:34 am
Huh? People are asking about how easy/hard it is to get a license, and what you have to go through. I'm horrified to find out that you had trouble passing in CA, based on what I see on the road everyday. You must be getting singled out, or a tough nosed road tester.

I don't see it as "troglodyte politics" when I can go to the DMV and see people taking their written exams in Vietnamese.

And on topic, I had a friend who got a ticket at 15 for riding his bike too fast in a 25MPH zone.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 11:47 am
By troglodyte politics I reference your political obsessions (you may have lost count of how many times you do the immigrant thing, the asian woman thing etc) and ask that you keep 'em elsewhere. There are enough threads on A2K dedicated to troglodyte politics.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 11:51 am
Well, that's what happened. She got hit by... well... it's posted above. Where's Slappy when you need him?
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 11:58 am
A friend I went to high school with went to take the physical driving test to get his license. During the test he broad-sided another car but no one was hurt. No ticket was issued; however, he had to wait 3 months before he could take the test again.
0 Replies