The WHAT WOULD YOU DO? thread

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 11:20 pm
Hmmm. Considering #20 Finn, as I am from a state where any blinking turn signal is an obvious factory defect, we'll have to build a lot more cells on death row. Can't we just export offenders to France too?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 12:27 pm
>>Adding # 11 to MY list of to do's<<
And I think I would also get rid of religion in schools. That would include the national anthem. YES... I said it... and according to me , the national anthem just reinstates the god only attitude that america has developed. And i hate that....
( personal opinion )
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 01:30 pm
form a coalition of smart experienced people I trust (colin powell, john mccain etc) that want change to reform everything they're experienced with.

Kind of like a new constitutional convention of sorts.

Also, I would enact that tax reform idea I have.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 12:05 am
Foxfyre wrote:
Hmmm. Considering #20 Finn, as I am from a state where any blinking turn signal is an obvious factory defect, we'll have to build a lot more cells on death row. Can't we just export offenders to France too?

Sure, that's a fate worse than death.

Come to think of it, why don't we just exile all of our criminals to France?

We could kill two birds with one stone.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 12:06 am
shewolfnm wrote:
>>Adding # 11 to MY list of to do's<<
And I think I would also get rid of religion in schools. That would include the national anthem. YES... I said it... and according to me , the national anthem just reinstates the god only attitude that america has developed. And i hate that....
( personal opinion )

What is the "god only attitude" that America has developed?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 10:02 am
Okay new dictate from the dictator:

Campaign finance reform:

1. All salaries and benefits to elected congressmen and senators will be established by the states from which they are elected.

2. All congressmen/senators will campaign within their own states using contributions or funding from the constituents of their own states. It will be illegal to contribute to a candidate elected to represent his/her local constitueny other than in your own state or district.

3. No senator or congressman or anyone associated with their staffs or campaign organizations may go to another state to campaign for someone there. No persons elected or appointed to federal office nor their staffs nor their campaign organizations may campaign for any person elected to represent any state.
0 Replies

saintsfanbrian

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 02:04 pm
Okay, Shewolf, where exactly in the National Anthem (the part that is sung in schools) is there a reference to Religion or God?
Quote:
Oh, say, can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, thro' the perilous fight'
O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming.
And the rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
Oh, say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

I could be wrong but I don't see one mention of the Creator in there. Then again I don't have a problem with the pledge of allegiance or our currency either (both of which have references to God)

What would I do if I had complete power of the government? Well that is difficult to tell other than fire everyone and let the people vote again to send them back to their appointed offices and disallow any election that does not have more than one person running. No more running unopposed. Put a spending limit on campaining. Get rid of lifetime appointments for judges, make them elected positions. Get rid of judges "right" to "make new law" IF it ain't on the books, it ain't a law and you can't create one to suit you.

Have teams of people study all of the laws that are currently on the books and get rid of the unnecessary ones.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2004 10:11 pm
Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

holy crap.. I didnt mean to say national anthem.. i ment pledge of allegiance..

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

i think i need more coffee.
sorry. i know what i mean to say... just dont always type it that way. hahahhaha
0 Replies