small hard lump question

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 07:37 pm
hey all, was wondering if anyone could give me some advice

I've always had a sort of dark freckle/mole above my ear, under my hair, only really noticable when my hair's recently cut.

Well a couple of days ago I noticed that there's now a small circular hard lump there, it's sore to touch and looks kinda red/pink. Now I dunno if it could be a trapped hair or just a spot but there doesn't seem to be a "head" as you normally get in those cases

I think I'm gonna leave it a week and if its not disappeared then I'll go to my doctors, anyone any ideas what it could be?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,379 • Replies: 7
No top replies

littlek

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 07:41 pm
I'd go see a dermatologist. Not something I'd want to mess around with.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 07:42 pm
Visit your doctor - that's the only way you'll get peace of mind.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 08:18 pm
Yeah, you're always supposed to have freckles/moles checked out if they change shape or color.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 09:43 pm
Based on your description, it could be almost anything. I'd make the appointment with a dermatologist immediately and have it checked out.
I'd not wait one week, for sure. But then, that's me.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 10:07 pm
<< registered nurse.

If the freckle has developed an irregular border GO to a dermatologist now.. like... turn off your computer GO..
if it is just irritated, take a warm compress (preferably OTC gauze.. holds heat better, or a thick washcloth ) and put it on the spot to attempt to bring it to a head if it is a blocked hair follicle. If there is a hair growing out of it don't pluck it! what ever you do. Use alcohol to dry it out. But ONLY if there is a prominent hair growing out of it. Other wise if no head comes up , don't worry.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 10:29 pm
My advise? Go see a doc - quick. Sometimes the earlier you catch something, the easier the cure. Peace of mind is also a benefit.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 09:59 am
Yes, peace of mind is a benefit.
0 Replies