Looking for advice. Was I assaulted?

nononono

Sat 3 Jan, 2015 10:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I thought you are broke working three jobs. What gives and where did you go?

Haha. Well I'm not rich, that's for sure. Right now I'm getting by ok though. One of my jobs sometimes includes perks like discounted travel. I took some time to visit family in the UK over the holidays. I'm still there now, leaving tomorrow.

But it was more than just a physical vacation. Sometimes you've just gotta take a break from technology. There's so much information constantly, it can drive you bonkers. 24 hour news on the interwebs, all the various social media you're on, and then crazy **** like the stuff that comes out of people like firefly and bobsballs mouths... It's nice to decompress and unplug. It makes you feel refreshed!
hawkeye10

Sat 3 Jan, 2015 10:25 pm
@nononono,
Quote:
It makes you feel refreshed!
I used to do it more often, what I do is stay off the net and read. But I am always on the go with the restaurant and am having trouble decompressing enough to read for real...all I do now is internet reading and a few mags . My attention span is shot to hell, and I used to excell at that. I have recently taken up smoking pot for the first time in decades, it might be time to try it again. I am nostalgic for the days when I could take 3-5 days in a row and do nothing but raid the library.
nononono

Sat 3 Jan, 2015 11:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I have recently taken up smoking pot for the first time in decades, it might be time to try it again. I am nostalgic for the days when I could take 3-5 days in a row and do nothing but raid the library.

...and this folks, is why I love Hawkeye Wink
0 Replies

whitebars

Wed 21 Jan, 2015 05:39 am
Well, for your information this situation has been dealt with. I filed a formal complaint, and the boy has been removed from our school.

God, I'm just disgusted by the responses in this thread. You people are asinine. Nothing I've had to say is "nonsense" or "crazy". You people are sickening. This is exactly why toxic masculinity is allowed so much control in society. When a boy touches a woman's breast, that is not a laughing matter. That is a very real assault against women. Rape is a real crime, and when we raise our male children under the understanding that it's Ok to assault women, that is cultivating our rape culture. This is exactly why so many college aged men are rapists who get away with it.

You people disgust me. You completely disregard the feelings of victims.
Pearlylustre

Wed 21 Jan, 2015 05:44 am
@whitebars,
Well that confirms it - this whole story has been a joke.
whitebars

Sat 24 Jan, 2015 06:11 am
@Pearlylustre,
Quote:
Well that confirms it - this whole story has been a joke.

This shows exactly how misogynist this website is. All you ppl have done is made a joke of a serious issue. I don't care what you idiots have to say. You are part of the problem.
Pearlylustre

Sat 24 Jan, 2015 06:38 am
@whitebars,
Well it's either a joke or you're a really, really shitty elementary school teacher who knows nothing about children and I send my sympathy to the little boy, his family and all your other students. You don't come out looking good either way.

If your story is for real then it has nothing to do with sexual assault and misogyny it has to do with you being a really, really shitty teacher. If you'd been sexually assaulted you'd know about it and wouldn't have to ask the question on an internet message board. You weren't assaulted but you went ahead and caused hell for this little boy and his family anyway. That's the 'serious issue' - and that's abuse. Shame on you. You're still young and fresh from college and I hope one day you will grow up and realise your huge mistake.
But that's all assuming your story is real - and I don't believe it is.
whitebars

Sat 24 Jan, 2015 06:49 am
@Pearlylustre,
and how much do you know personally about teaching? Huh? No thank you armchair psychologists.

This young man was aggressive constantly during school hours. He forcibly kissed a girl against her will! He touched me in a sexual way against my will!

You are a misogynist. When you start to value a woman's rights, then come talk to me. Until then, you have a lot to learn.
Olivier5

Sat 24 Jan, 2015 07:48 am
@whitebars,
Would you have reacted the same way if a girl had kissed a boy at recess, or if a girl had touched your breast in similar circumstances?
0 Replies

Eliusa

Sat 24 Jan, 2015 08:23 am
@whitebars,
So you hate those kids, right? Like period!
0 Replies

Pearlylustre

Sat 24 Jan, 2015 03:32 pm
@whitebars,
I'm a feminist, a mother and I have been a teacher. I've raised a child with autism so there is nothing on this planet you can tell me about teaching a child to behave appropriately - at home or at school. I'm old enough to be your mother and was studying women's rights before you were born. He's not a 'young man' he's a little boy who needs guidance not expulsion. That's what the 'teach' in teacher means in case no one told you.
I seriously hope this is a joke because if not you are a very misguided and harmful person.
Olivier5

Sat 24 Jan, 2015 04:46 pm
Beware, pictures of grave sexual assaults ahead...

http://lusile17.l.u.pic.centerblog.net/8e058d26.jpghttp://lusile17.l.u.pic.centerblog.net/b690e6f4.jpg
http://lusile17.l.u.pic.centerblog.net/2aa09a15.jpghttp://drolesdemums.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/enfant-harcelement-sexuel.jpg
http://lusile17.l.u.pic.centerblog.net/75117f53.jpghttp://lusile17.l.u.pic.centerblog.net/dece528b.jpg
http://img43.xooimage.com/files/4/2/4/mariage_enfant-21cc25f.jpghttp://wavuti.weebly.com/uploads/3/0/7/6/3076464/129130_orig.jpg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sat 24 Jan, 2015 05:12 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Did you skip all of the classes on healthy sexual development while you were studying to be a teacher? Seriously.

The behaviour you have described by the male child is normal if he is between about 4 and 7 years of age.

I wouldn't want a child in one of your classes if this is your reaction to normal behaviour.

I'm rereading all this.
There was also the tank top mentioned.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sat 24 Jan, 2015 05:27 pm
@whitebars,
Pearlie lustre is quite a sane woman. One of my favorite posters, who tends to only argue with cause.

"The young man was aggressive?" Are you out of your mind? You were saving him from entanglement, you said.
It is even possible that he was recently weaned from breast feeding.

When I was in first grade, at first a crying little girl, my teacher was a habit clad nun. There is even a photo of my first grade class on a2k, though not of Sr. Marceline Marie, may she rest in peace.

A six year old - when did he become seven? - touched your tank top boob?

You got him gone? You are proud of that?

Pearlylustre

Sat 24 Jan, 2015 05:37 pm
@ossobuco,
Thank you!
ossobuco

Sat 24 Jan, 2015 06:28 pm
@Pearlylustre,
Here is my class, handled by one rather adept nun -

ossobuco wrote:

As has been noted by posters, overcrowding is relative to a situation. I too have been in classes of 250 at my university, and the opposite, some classes of twelve or less students, which intensifies the experience one way or another. Most - I suppose - would agree now that a class of 54 first graders is a bit much when taught by one person. Unless that is a nun in 1947, with the teaching mores of the time -

my first grade class:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/ossobuco/1stgrade011-1.jpg
(I'm the shy girl behind the St. in the St. Monica's sign)

I post this for consideration. I will agree some were already scamps.

No, re begone.
Olivier5

Sat 24 Jan, 2015 06:39 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:

@ehBeth,
A male teacher could say a girl touched his butt.

This happened to me once. The 10 year old daughter of friends grabbed my butt. I swear. I was 40 something.

We were walking 10 or 20 steps ahead of her parents, away from a nice restaurant and i could see she liked me. She was literally dancing on the pavement around me, teasing me mischievously all the while... happy to be there, outside at night in the city. Grace incarnated. I was enjoying her babble, slightly drunk, falling slowly under her charm. All I remember is that at some point, she was quietly walking alongside me and out of the blue she grabbed my butt. It was remarkably not gross, more like a tickle, but evidently deliberate. My brain froze for a couple of second, then checked around. Space-time was intact and no building had collapsed nearby. The parents were catching on us. Apparently they had seen nothing. I laughed and asked as lightly as I could: "Err... what was that about?" "Nothing!" she replied, a bit nervous, head down. "Alright, I said, but don't do it again."

I kept quiet, of course... To be frank, I took it as a compliment. :-)
firefly

Sat 24 Jan, 2015 06:57 pm
I'm essentially repeating what I said in an earlier post...

I've been ignoring this thread because "whitebars" seems like such an obvious parody, or caricature, of a feminist, written by an anti-feminist, for the sole purpose of ridiculing, mocking, and distorting, modern feminist views, and generating negative feelings for feminists.

All the proper alleged "feminist" code words/cliches, and perceptions, and positions are there in whitebars' posts, but it's all absurd and very over-the-top--real people, including feminist school teachers, don't talk this way, or even think this way, when discussing a 7 year old first grade student, and one with a master's degree in gender studies would never ask ,"Was I assaulted," if that child touched her breast while she was extricating him from some play equipment, or dub him a budding misogynist who might well grow up to be a rapist.Laughing

This is satire, created by some anti-feminist, who isn't even very familiar with modern feminism, and I can't believe how many here have swallowed the bait, hook, line, and sinker.

I'd never heard of Operation Lollipop until engineer mentioned it. This thread, and the creation of whitebars, as an alleged feminist, seems to definitely fall within that category. Other than the diehard men's rights activists, who are obsessed with trying to attack and discredit feminism, I can't imagine who would want to engage in this sort of nonsense, creating a parody, a negative caricature, and trying to pass it off as an actual person allegedly seeking advice.

whitebars posts are so cliché ridden they read like a Saturday Night Live sketch trying to mock feminism. Real people do not speak exclusively in clichés or slogans or ideological comments. And real people seeking advice don't launch into an ideological polemic to promote their views.

Nothing about whitebars rings true at all...
ossobuco

Sat 24 Jan, 2015 07:04 pm
@ossobuco,
I'll add, for fun, that the girl to the right of me past the sign, looking at the photo, the tall one, was Monica Oliveras, who I liked. I was there for second grade after that, and New York for third and Chicago for fourth and later, but back at that school for a while in fourth. Commercials, that was then. Had to be in school, and remember Monica as a friend again. Taught me how to play jacks.

I understand there are very messed up kids, but I don't take the shunned boy here as that.

You might very well have messed up his life with your righteousness.
ossobuco

Sat 24 Jan, 2015 07:26 pm
@ossobuco,
My nostalgic posts re my own being six, are just that. I know well about tough places. The point isn't that children are awful, though they learn.
The query is that you take a six year old as an assaulter.

Talk about bias.
0 Replies